Author Topic: Hello fellow GHers!  (Read 1689 times)

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
Hello fellow GHers!
« on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:46:38 »
Hello everyone!

I have recently been reading up on articles in this forum regarding custom keyboards. In particular what led me here was some of WhiteFireDragon's awesome youtube videos of him building a custom Phantom Keyboard xD so shout out to him! I've been using mechanical keyboards for three years now. I've tried the four usual Cherry MX switches, most recently got reds from the recent release of the Corsair Vengeance K65, although I started to learn how some of the keys on R1 are not exactly standard.. which made me kinda sad since I wanted to buy new key caps for it xD

Anyway hopefully I'll continue to learn more about customizations and possibly get involved with potential group buys. If there are Phantom boards that are going to be released (I guess as a third round) I would be interested in it  :D

- TLSC.wipeOut
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline wiredPANDA

Re: Hello fellow GHers!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 13:07:00 »
Welcome to GH!
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 13:11:42 »
Welcome to GH

and try some other switches beside mx. try topre, buckling spring, alps,... ;)

enjoy your journey.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 13:31:00 by snoopy »

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 13:27:25 »
Welcome to GH

enjoy your journey.

Yes, keyboards are a journey.  And every person must take his own path.  But I don't know if this guy is ready for Topre quite yet.  He may need to wander in the wilderness of MX and BS for a while, perhaps even detouring into the lost land of Alps, before he is ready to seek the enlightenment of oneness with cup rubber.  But who knows?  He may never be ready.  Not everyone makes it all the way to Topre, some can only go so far as a lubed, stickered, 62 gram solid-gold-spring modded ergodox.  Which is a pretty far to go, I admit, but it's still short of true enlightenment.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 13:32:40 »
Welcome to GH

enjoy your journey.

Yes, keyboards are a journey.  And every person must take his own path.  But I don't know if this guy is ready for Topre quite yet.  He may need to wander in the wilderness of MX and BS for a while, perhaps even detouring into the lost land of Alps, before he is ready to seek the enlightenment of oneness with cup rubber.  But who knows?  He may never be ready.  Not everyone makes it all the way to Topre, some can only go so far as a lubed, stickered, 62 gram solid-gold-spring modded ergodox.  Which is a pretty far to go, I admit, but it's still short of true enlightenment.

You're right. I had to buckle a lot of springs till I found out that topre is what I really need. Edited my post.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:07:41 »
Hahaha thanks guys =) Well I'm the curious type of person, so I guess when it comes around to it. I would definitely be interested in Topres, not entirely sure about Alps yet haven't really read much about those. But I would consider Topres after tinkering with everything Cherry MX first lol.
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 15:11:34 »
oh hi!  Welcome to the hack.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 17:08:23 »
welcome. try not to spend all your money at once. this is some advice i never followed.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid