Author Topic: Good Day!  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Gazeb0

Good Day!
« on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 00:33:58 »
Stay a while and listen!

Been lurking around here for a bit, seem like a cool community, so I decided to finally introduce myself. I got introduced to mechanical keyboards through overclock’s guide back in 2010 or so. Got my first mechanical keyboard last year, the QuickFire Rapid Red. Love it for gaming, hate it for typing. Added WASDKeyboard’s red o-rings, seemed like an improvement, but still not good for typing. I had been using a Logitech Wave for nearly 4 years, getting by writing my papers and programs for my computer science courses, but finally decided enough was enough.

So, having had some success with the QFR, and loving the design of the new TK (tenkeyless with a tenkey… whodathunkit?), I got the QFTK with the blues (added WASD’s blue o-rings) and I absolutely love it. Now, I have 2 more TK’s on the way (one with browns and the other with reds [deciding to sell off the QFR]) which will be modded with some 50A o-rings (Amazon had run out of WASD’s blue rings).

Also, yesterday, I won an auction for a 90’s Model M (1391401), and I’m currently in the process of negotiating a price for a Dell AT101W from one of my professors. He just so happened to have about 4 or 5 of them lying around, says he swears by them. He agreed to sell one to me. I hadn’t realized it was using black alps switches ‘til I pulled one of the keycaps off. He called me a nerd for knowing what kind of switch it was. Computer science professors… So yeah, looking forward to adding those to my fledgling collection.

Anyways, now I'm on a quest to get keyboards with just about every type of switch! Perhaps such a quest is foolish and foolhardy (especially for my wallet), but I see it as an opportunity to introduce others to the wonderful world of mechanical keyboards! I hope to be that guy, with the stuff for people to try out. Help them see how awesome this stuff is.

Any recommendations? Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Thanks again to all of you for providing such wonderful information and insight. I hope I can be of some use in the future as well.

As a token of my gratitude, I will identify items for you at no charge.

Good Day!

Edit: WARNING: This post may include groan-inducing Diablo II references
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2013, 00:50:23 by Gazeb0 »
Leopold FC660M /w Clears | Keycool 84 White | 2 CM Storm QuickFire Rapid's | CM Storm QuickFire Stealth | ThinkPad Compact USB w/ TrackPoint | IBM Model M 1391401 (29-Aug-1990) | Dell AT101W

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
Re: Good Day!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 06:48:00 »
Welcome to Geek hack, hope you enjoy your stay ;D
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue