Author Topic: CC vs the TOS and more confusion  (Read 8649 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: CC vs the TOS and more confusion
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 23:32:42 »
What a ****.

Because he asked a question about your beloved CC?

Grow the hell up, child.  You aren't funny.  You're not witty, wacky or zany with your asinine out of the blue sex ****.  You're a child that thinks that using "grown up talk" makes you a grown up.
I don't even have a ****ing cc.

You're focusing on the wrong thing.  Even if you're talking about CC:

You still need to grow up and stop using grown up words just because you were told grown ups use them.  It's not funny, it's not cute and it's not endearing.

That's why GH is a sinking boat.

P.S. time to lose some weight!

One, I fixed your personal attack, it was much too small for all the boys and girls to see properly.

Two, a fat joke?!  To me?  Well, ****, you've sunk my battleship.

No wait, I don't give weight (no pun intended) to when grown ups make fun of my weight, why would I give a crap about what a child thinks that asked me about anal and shemales?

Everyone was a child, you were a child, mods were child and I'm still a child. But hey, isn't what you're doing now like a child? Calling people names out, insulting people, etc. Has you got any benefit? I would say no, nothing at all. You're just hurting the community.

You mean "called you out on insulting someone"  But I understand, it's hard to be criticized.
Whatever you want. If you think it is correct, than yes.

It's not what I think is correct, it's what's correctly quoted here in the pyramid.  I call you out for calling someone a **** and you start with the QQ and defensiveness.

Mod edit: user was warned for this post
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 August 2013, 23:51:11 by hashbaz »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 23:49:01 »
I don't know what there is to discuss. They're TOS, not to be taken totally literally. They're there for, as Game Theory said, when things get out of hand.

Honestly, if this forum starts moderating 420 clacks, innuendos and pictures with profanity then the site will be become pretty awful and I'll probably stop coming here.

Pretty much this. ^^

Perfectly articulating a set of guidelines that even a small group can all agree on is really hard.  I suspect the illegal drug portions of the current TOS were written in response to Dangwang's old user forum, which, for the newbies, I'll just describe as enthusiastically pro-marijuana.

Two key points:

1. Moderation is subjective and requires making judgments that others will legitimately disagree with.  There's no way around it.  The TOS are stricter than the actual moderation that is implemented in order to make sure we can do what we feel is appropriate.  It's possible that the delta between implementation and TOS is so great that the TOS should be changed to reflect reality a little better.

2. We haven't had moderation at all for very long, and there has been a lot of moderator churn.  When I joined the forum two years ago it was a modless free-for-all.  The forum and its culture have changed a lot since that time, and continues to change.  So everything is still loose and subject to change.  There's no well-established mod rule set or culture yet (like there is on, say, TL.net).  We're still figuring things out.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 23:54:40 »
P.S. TJ and tinlong have been warned for off-topic thread crapping.  Moderator-y enough for ya?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 00:09:06 »
you are the weirdest bodyguard EVER.

being weird makes people keep their distance, easier to spot suspicious people getting too close
KangarooZombies is really a genius bodyguard

Just stand there breathing heavily and picking your butthole with your finger, then when anyone comes near put that hand up exclaiming "I am vegetable, prince of all sayians!"

also there used to be an entire thread dedicated to pics of weed and clacks, can't find it though

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 00:12:05 »
I don't understand why TJ is so riled up at tinlong for swearing when he is using swear words himself.

This whole thread is just a **** flinging contest.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 00:13:01 »

also there used to be an entire thread dedicated to pics of weed and clacks, can't find it though

That was DangWang's forum back when regular folk could have their own member forum. It's long gone, but I am sure Dan has kept all of those.

Offline Topre

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 00:36:13 »
you are the weirdest bodyguard EVER.

being weird makes people keep their distance, easier to spot suspicious people getting too close
KangarooZombies is really a genius bodyguard

Just stand there breathing heavily and picking your butthole with your finger, then when anyone comes near put that hand up exclaiming "I am vegetable, prince of all sayians!"

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?27884-NSFW-Post-your-buds!

That thread?