Author Topic: My wallet will hate me because of you guys  (Read 1349 times)

Offline dragonxx21

My wallet will hate me because of you guys
« on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 03:30:32 »
It's a shame that my first post wasn't here, but I guess that goes to show how much I wanted to get straight to posting, haha. Thanks to you guys, in about 3 days, I've gone from wanting a low end mechanical keyboard to an ErgoDox, but I am still unsure. All I know is that I'll probably be browsing the forums a lot from now on, and will have a lot of things that I will have to buy. Hope to see you guys around, and it's great to be here.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: My wallet will hate me because of you guys
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 04:00:02 »
Hello and welcome.

Have a great time here. Do not worry about getting something like an ergodox right away. To me, that is something that you work up to rather than start off with. First find the kind of switch you like and find a keyboard that you enjoy using. Some people here would recommend you to buy an ergodox regardless of what your budget is, what your preferences are and what you are going to use it for. Some of these people are fanatics, but most others are (half)-joking. So take it with a grain of salt.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 06:51:11 »
IF YOU FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE, YOU WON'T HAVE TO SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING AGAIN!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 09:19:36 »
Who needs money anyway, Welcome! :p
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 23:28:37 »
Hello and welcome.

Have a great time here. Do not worry about getting something like an ergodox right away. To me, that is something that you work up to rather than start off with. First find the kind of switch you like and find a keyboard that you enjoy using. Some people here would recommend you to buy an ergodox regardless of what your budget is, what your preferences are and what you are going to use it for. Some of these people are fanatics, but most others are (half)-joking. So take it with a grain of salt.

The ErgoDox seems to be a lot of hype, but I guess that is due to the fact that a lot of people just enjoy it so much. I'd like to acquire a bunch of different boards, but due to the nature of being a student, money is an issue. I'd probably buy one board and stick to it for a while, until I get the urge to buy another, but am not sure what to really start with.

@SeriouSSpotS Yes, who needs money :P I certainly don't, not with the hundreds of keyboards I'll have in a few months! Haha.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell