Author Topic: Introduced to the mech keyboard world by a trashed keyboard  (Read 1503 times)

Offline eka

• FC660M Cherry Brown / Poker 2 Cherry Brown
    • Personal Website
Introduced to the mech keyboard world by a trashed keyboard
« on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:46:23 »
Hi there, I'm Esteban (Eka) From Argentina, currently living in Lima Peru and work as a Software Developer.

In June I preordered a Matias Mini Tactile Pro that took 2 1/2 months to arrive. After 2 weeks or so of use I spilled orange juice on it making it useless  :(  :-[ I was so happy with it, being the apple wireless keyboard my previous one. Having a tactile keyboard makes my typing better, since the apple wireless keys are flat and so easy to miss.

Since that I've been wandering around mech keyboards forums to see how to save it, with no avail since it wont resurrect.

After reading a lot about switches I decide to try Cherry MX brown. The ALPS matias was very, very loud and I have 2 kids that sleep in the morning  :D

So now after reviewing many keyboards like poker 2, ducky, QFR, and WASD, I decided to go for the WASD keyboard 87 keys with Cherry MX Brow, for various reasons but the main is that it supports mac and seems to be very heavy duty.

Sorry for my bad english.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Re: Introduced to the mech keyboard world by a trashed keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:51:27 »
Welcome to GH :)

The WASD seems to be a very nice keyboard. Also, you can add o-rings to make the sound not so loud.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:54:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline abdulmuhsee

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 10:57:35 »
After reading a lot about switches I decide to try Cherry MX brown. The ALPS matias was very, very loud and I have 2 kids that sleep in the morning  :D

It's a shame that Matias only offers their Quiet Pro for the PC and their Tactile Pro for the Mac; sounds like the former would've been perfect for you.

Also, I could've been fooled into thinking that English is your first language if you didn't say anything; I don't think anyone will have trouble understanding you.

Offline devilockz

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 12:24:36 »
welcome to GeekHack... :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 12:28:37 »
It's a shame that Matias only offers their Quiet Pro for the PC and their Tactile Pro for the Mac; sounds like the former would've been perfect for you.

You and the OP can always buy loose Matias Quiet switches and put them into an Alps compatible PCB. That's what I plan on doing.