Author Topic: Pax Prime 2013 Pics!  (Read 9360 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Pax Prime 2013 Pics!
« on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:39:40 »
I've uploaded them into an album, I'll be getting more pics but will have to wait to get them from people in my group.

First bunch of pics is all the Pax swag that I got, including a Intel ivy bridge limited edition dragon nuc w/ 180gb mini ssd + Logitech G400S that I won from raffles :)

Second to last pic is of me with Rajiv (left) and Carter(right) from the Cooler Master booth and the last pic is of CM's new switch tester.

And yeah, I got a pic with Jwong and Suppy :P

http://imgur.com/a/yBMfD
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:43:48 by missalaire »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline dante

Re: Pax Prime 2013 Pics!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:41:46 »
Damn... I feel old..

Offline Winther

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:43:32 »
Those astro headphones looks really nice, they deff have the design part down imo.. :P

And I think its really nice that CM storm made that key-sample thingie.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:08:17 »
What is that CM pad? A shortcut thingie, or just a promo?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:08:43 »
Jwong and Suppy are too handsome.

Offline Winther

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:09:37 »
Jwong and Suppy are too handsome.

its just a sample for people to try out the differnet MX switches..

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:13:14 »
Hey, awesome swag you got.

What badge is that you're wearing?

Maybe next time, mkawa can grant you official ambassador status, and you can go to the next PAX as an official representative of geekhack.org.  So next time you can wear a geekhack.org badge?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:24:03 »

Maybe next time, mkawa can grant you official ambassador status, and you can go to the next PAX as an official representative of geekhack.org.  So next time you can wear a geekhack.org badge?

Just the Pax badges that are required for entry, nothing special lol. You only get special badges if you are part of an exhibit/booth or are media, etc.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:25:45 »

Just the Pax badges that are required for entry, nothing special lol. You only get special badges if you are part of an exhibit/booth or are media, etc.

Yeah, well I think mkawa can approve an official geekhack.org badge for you.  You could say you are covering the event for GH, which would be like a media person.  PM mkawa and ask him to do it.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:32:02 »
So jealous!  Noticed only junglers signed your keyboard :p  I thought you played adc or something though. 

And that c9/tsm sponsorship must be working if you bought some astros.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline missalaire

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:34:26 »

Yeah, well I think mkawa can approve an official geekhack.org badge for you.  You could say you are covering the event for GH, which would be like a media person.  PM mkawa and ask him to do it.

That would only work if mkawa worked it out with actual Pax event organizers/officials... and tbh that would require me to do work while I'm there which is not something that I'm really interested in, sorry. I just go to have fun and relax with friends :)

So jealous!  Noticed only junglers signed your keyboard :p  I thought you played adc or something though. 

And that c9/tsm sponsorship must be working if you bought some astros.

Yeah, I'm an ADC main but Meteos and Snoopeh are probably my favorite individual players regardless of role. That and they are just too handsome!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:37:05 by missalaire »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:37:40 »
So what does one do at these conventions? I've never been to anything like it. Do you just meet other people that play the same video game as you? Or is it like a LAN where you all play the same thing? SOMEBODY TELL MEEE
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:40:50 »
So what does one do at these conventions? I've never been to anything like it. Do you just meet other people that play the same video game as you? Or is it like a LAN where you all play the same thing? SOMEBODY TELL MEEE
All the players in the industry have booths.  You get previews of up and coming stuff, get to play some demos.  Lots of people go to cosplay (most have contests) or just socialize.  Also Riot held the LoL NA Regionals at PAX Prime this year so that was pretty huge.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:42:01 »
Oh so it's not just LoL?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:44:08 »
Oh so it's not just LoL?
No, PAX stands for Penny Arcade Expo.  Its basically just a huge gaming, anime, and technology convention.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:44:34 »
Got it. Thanks mk

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:44:41 »
She got a picture with Suppy and jwong. Justin Wong is a NASTY fighting game player and Suppy is one of my favorite American StarCraft 2 players. So no, it's not just LoL.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:46:27 »
http://i.imgur.com/x6Xk7Jmh.jpg

Is that Pooksie or Gnomesayin?

Offline missalaire

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:49:58 »

It's Pooksie lol. Pooksie is dating Voyboy. Gnomesayin is affiliated with Team VULCUN.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:53:36 »
She got a picture with Suppy and jwong. Justin Wong is a NASTY fighting game player and Suppy is one of my favorite American StarCraft 2 players. So no, it's not just LoL.

I wanted to see the jwong runback at evo so badly.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 16:58:41 »
"That would only work if mkawa worked it out with actual Pax event organizers/officials... and tbh that would require me to do work while I'm there which is not something that I'm really interested in, sorry. I just go to have fun and relax with friends :)"

Well, nobody does any real work at those conventions.  So I wouldn't worry too much about that.  They are called corporate boondoggle's for a reason.  Most industry people go to conventions with hopes of getting drunk and hooking up with a stranger.  [lol.  I'm not suggesting that you should be doing that, 'cuz it's kind of gross.]

I just though it would be nice to have somebody represent geekhack.org at the next PAX.  Maybe you could get even better swag?  And technically you should get in free as a media person, I think.  And you could get a cool black and orange badge to wear.  W/e, if you don't want to do it, okay, but don't worry about doing any actual work.   :))   :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:02:08 »

I wanted to see the jwong runback at evo so badly.

It was INCREDIBLE. He was like oh yeah I'M JWONG, flipped a switch, and just ran train on kids. It was amazing. I was watching with Binge and missalaire and we were going crazy.

I just though it would be nice to have somebody represent geekhack.org at the next PAX.  Maybe you could get even better swag?  And technically you should get in free as a media person, I think.  And you could get a cool black and orange badge to wear.  W/e, if you don't want to do it, okay, but don't worry about doing any actual work.   :))   :thumb:

I'll volunteer to go to Pax and shmooze. Someone fly me out :D

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:03:14 »
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:04:22 »
@ CPTBadAss.  LOL.  I was thinking you'd be a better Rep. for GH.  If you organize a fundraiser for your trip to PAX, I will make a generous donation.  But you have to take missalaire with you.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:07:19 »
Me and cpt gonna tour murica next year

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:09:56 »
Me and cpt gonna tour murica next year

+1 for this plan.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:14:05 »
"That would only work if mkawa worked it out with actual Pax event organizers/officials... and tbh that would require me to do work while I'm there which is not something that I'm really interested in, sorry. I just go to have fun and relax with friends :)"

Well, nobody does any real work at those conventions.  So I wouldn't worry too much about that.  They are called corporate boondoggle's for a reason.  Most industry people go to conventions with hopes of getting drunk and hooking up with a stranger.  [lol.  I'm not suggesting that you should be doing that, 'cuz it's kind of gross.]

Free entry would be nice, but I don't really know what Pax's guidelines are for media and figured there would be some work involved so it was kind of a turn off. If mkawa wants to get both me and CPT in, that'd be cool though! :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:26:47 »
@ CPTBadAss.  LOL.  I was thinking you'd be a better Rep. for GH.  If you organize a fundraiser for your trip to PAX, I will make a generous donation.  But you have to take missalaire with you.

You're crazy man haha. If this was any other year, I'd happily go and represent but I can't go next year :(

Offline Sniping

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:49:55 »
Do you usually get all this free stuff from going to PAX? May have to go one year now...

Offline missalaire

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 17:51:51 »
Do you usually get all this free stuff from going to PAX? May have to go one year now...

The free random swag, yes. The raffle prizes like the ones I won in the first picture are rare, though your chances are higher if you wanna spend a lot of time trying to game the system by constantly going back to booths for raffle tickets.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 18:17:15 »

It's Pooksie lol. Pooksie is dating Voyboy. Gnomesayin is affiliated with Team VULCUN.
Yeah I knew that.  Awk cause she has a video on the hub.  Think of how many people at PAX have jerked it to Voy's gf.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 18:33:10 »
It goes Dragoncon<PAX<Gamescom<Indiecade<E3<GDC  in terms of level of professionalism and industry presence. The first two are really more geared to fans and are trade shows mostly with some cool informative open panels. Most gamers wouldn't have fun at a GDC summit, unless they were really interested in development and networking.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:00:51 »

Yeah I knew that.  Awk cause she has a video on the hub.  Think of how many people at PAX have jerked it to Voy's gf.

2? 3 maybe? we all know gamers jerk it to hentai!

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:06:34 »
I ****ing hate pooksie.  She seems like such a ***** but maybe shes different in person. 

I remember watching voy's stream once and he was mid game and her dog like jumped up and went across him to eat his sandwich while he was playing and she yelled at voy for letting him do that.  It's her damn dog and then she had the nerve to complain that the dog might get sick.

/end rant

Also, how bad did pax smell?  I've heard stories about how terrible mlg events were because apparently all of us nerds refuse to shower and put on deodorant.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:07:32 »
MLG was surprisingly fine. Definitely a few people who hate to shower but overall, not horrible at the MLGs I went to.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:09:16 »

I remember watching voy's stream once and he was mid game and her dog like jumped up and went across him to eat his sandwich while he was playing and she yelled at voy for letting him do that.  It's her damn dog and then she had the nerve to complain that the dog might get sick.

/end rant

maybe he has a bad habit of letting the dog do whatever it wants and ruins whatever training she has taught him.

my dogs are the perfect dogs around me. but let them get near my parents or my brother and they know they can get away with more stuff with them than me.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:13:41 »
I ****ing hate pooksie.  She seems like such a ***** but maybe shes different in person. 

/end rant

Also, how bad did pax smell?  I've heard stories about how terrible mlg events were because apparently all of us nerds refuse to shower and put on deodorant.

She seemed nice enough. She actually engaged in some conversation when I asked if I could get a picture with her and Voyboy.

And its as bad as you could possibly imagine with hundreds of nerds cramped in a convention center that doesn't allow for a whole lot of elbow space to pass by people. Wish more nerds actually bathed before/during Pax because you could definitely smell it when people who didn't shower were next to you.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:15:18 by missalaire »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:16:48 »
so looking up this pooksie girl apparently she has a strip video and nudes

lol

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:19:30 »
so looking up this pooksie girl apparently she has a strip video and nudes

lol
Yep, thats what mkultra was referring to.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 20:20:17 »
oh yeah i didnt understand any of what he said. thought he meant just because she's attractive.

i r dum

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 18:41:38 »
So regret that I didn't get to check out much of the retailers while I was at PAX--spent most of the time in the Indie gaming sections or hanging out with other Youtubers. Next time I'll be hitting up the hardware booths for sure!