Author Topic: Click Clacks  (Read 7201 times)

Offline dragonxx21

Click Clacks
« on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:52:23 »
...Why? What makes these caps so desirable? Why is almost every thread in the classifieds section trade only, and even the trades have to be for other clacks? How do I get into this elite group...
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Click Clacks
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:53:13 »
...Why? What makes these caps so desirable? Why is almost every thread in the classifieds section trade only, and even the trades have to be for other clacks? How do I get into this elite group...
Here we go again

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:53:55 »
Here we go again
Unveil your secrets to me.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:56:55 »
They look nice and sales for them come up only a few times a year. It probably seems dumb and pointless right now but spend a few months on here and you'll need them.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 00:58:49 »
They look nice and sales for them come up only a few times a year. It probably seems dumb and pointless right now but spend a few months on here and you'll need them.
So rarity and looks. How much do they usually go for during the times that they are being sold? How hard is it to actually acquire one from a sale, or are there too many hoarders to even bother trying?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 01:03:20 »
I literally cant believe how many times this exact same thread has been made.

It seriously appalls me.

Also, to answer your questions, they sell from CC for about 8-30 bucks a pop depending on the clack.

Second hand, they can sell between 60-400, it just depends on the rarity.

Kangaroo~
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 01:12:59 by KangarooZombies »
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 01:18:50 »
Thank you Rowdy,

I was too lazy to go fish em up, but this thread can die now.

Peace.
Kangaroo~
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 01:44:10 »
There are more - I just happened to remember one very recently.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 05:31:35 »
Riffraff, clickclack
I spend large amounts on that
If only they'd look closer
Would they see a poor skull? No, siree
They'd find out
There's so much more to me

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 05:58:32 »
what are those so called "click clacks"? never heared of them

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 06:28:21 »
what are those so called "click clacks"? never heared of them

denial bro.....it's not healthy ;)

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:37:48 »

this is just plain silly. If you don't know what makes them desirable then why do you want get into the group?

HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:50:58 »

this is just plain silly. If you don't know what makes them desirable then why do you want get into the group?
I personally think they look nice, I just simply didn't know why they were so desired.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:53:10 »
supply and demand
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:54:47 »
Clack Clarks are desirable because they're soft. When I rub them against my nude body, they don't scratch like other caps. Especially those rough PBT caps. This is also why I prefer Cherry's doubleshot ABS caps.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:56:37 »
Well. Here's a story...

Once upon a time, tp4tissue...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:00:20 »
Well. Here's a story...

I'm sorry? All I read was 'ErgoDox'
Keyboards Owned:

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:04:08 »
Well. Here's a story...

You need to read between the lines, you'll see a few 120mm fans there.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:07:43 »
Clack Clarks are desirable because they're soft. When I rub them against my nude body, they don't scratch like other caps. Especially those rough PBT caps. This is also why I prefer Cherry's doubleshot ABS caps.

So that's where shiny key caps come from :o

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:07:55 »
Well. Here's a story...

You need to read between the lines, you'll see a few 120mm fans there.

And routers without cases.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 17:23:02 »
Well. Here's a story...

Pls stroke his peen more.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 17:59:33 »

It seriously appalls me.

Also, to answer your questions, they sell from CC for about 8-30 bucks a pop depending on the clack.

Kangaroo~

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 21:33:49 »

Because by some people math numbers make more sense to spend $500-$600 on couple " Very rare, very unique, earth shattering beauty" skull keycaps, that's right 2 phucking keycaps!!! instead of this, a unique full body, full layout, all aluminum, rear end better than the SE, simply amazing keyboard, its the logic here at GH: there is more tech innovation, more electronics involved, more software programing in 5 grams of 2 plastic keycaps instead of this full metal Korean keyboard.

Honestly I go trough mental fapping when I see someone paying for a skull + WASD set for $300+ and he is overwhelmed with joy thinking that he just landed on the greatest deal, while the original buyer spend $50.....

Its the common logic here at GH, welcome, enjoy the ride and if you stick around long enough gets some lube for your wallet ;)

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 21:43:05 »

Because by some people math numbers make more sense to spend $500-$600 on couple " Very rare, very unique, earth shattering beauty" skull keycaps, that's right 2 phucking keycaps!!! instead of this, a unique full body, full layout, all aluminum, rear end better than the SE, simply amazing keyboard, its the logic here at GH: there is more tech innovation, more electronics involved, more software programing in 5 grams of 2 plastic keycaps instead of this full metal Korean keyboard.

Honestly I go trough mental fapping when I see someone paying for a skull + WASD set for $300+ and he is overwhelmed with joy thinking that he just landed on the greatest deal, while the original buyer spend $50.....

Its the common logic here at GH, welcome, enjoy the ride and if you stick around long enough gets some lube for your wallet ;)

My wallet has already left me... I now walk around with a wad of cash held together by a rubber band.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 21:54:48 »
that rubber band will soon divorce you also, but if you gonna slam big money on something, slam on something that's worth the money, I did slammed around 600 for the Korean board included switches and stabs, but if ever comes time to sell it, which I doubt, wont be letting it go for less than 1K.... maeby 30-35 made at the most and they are all scattered trough out the world ;)
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 02:46:40 »

It seriously appalls me.

Kangaroo~
Show Image

Last time I checked the definition of literally has been expanded to involve uses where it does not actually mean literally.
So no, it is no longer misuse by any stretch, language evolves and dictionaries can only try to represent current meanings of a word, it is not a rulebook which we should all play by.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 04:01:33 »
There's no secret. Just a club where everyone stands in a circle and reaches to the left.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 05:46:04 »
Click clack

The magical currency of geekhack

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3