Author Topic: Hellos  (Read 1233 times)

Offline csmith1991

Hellos
« on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 09:08:08 »
I'm new, but plan on staying, at least for a little while. Figured I might as well introduce myself.

My primary interest that got me here was having seen a HHKB somewhere on the internets I thought the layout was genius or awesome... probably both. Either way, went on my merry way to find one... and it's a bit to much keyboard for me. That said, I was still curious in other 60% layout keyboards, and looked at the Poker 2 and Pure, neither of which I've been able to convince myself are for me.

Then I read about the GH60, and I think it'll be worth waiting around for. So here I am. :)

That said, I'm not a total foreigner to mechanical keyboards, but the only one I've ever bought was a Rosewill RK-9000RE that I was very happy with while I used it. The USB port worked just fine for me, but I did start to notice every now and then the leds would blink as though it just go plugged in. I currently don't use it anymore because I'm limited to my laptop for the foreseeable future, and its just to bulky to bring it along.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Hellos
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 09:27:49 »
Welcome to GH!

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 10:11:21 »
Welcome :D
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 19:52:09 »
I'm new, but plan on staying, at least for a little while. Figured I might as well introduce myself.

My primary interest that got me here was having seen a HHKB somewhere on the internets I thought the layout was genius or awesome... probably both. Either way, went on my merry way to find one... and it's a bit to much keyboard for me. That said, I was still curious in other 60% layout keyboards, and looked at the Poker 2 and Pure, neither of which I've been able to convince myself are for me.

Then I read about the GH60, and I think it'll be worth waiting around for. So here I am. :)

That said, I'm not a total foreigner to mechanical keyboards, but the only one I've ever bought was a Rosewill RK-9000RE that I was very happy with while I used it. The USB port worked just fine for me, but I did start to notice every now and then the leds would blink as though it just go plugged in. I currently don't use it anymore because I'm limited to my laptop for the foreseeable future, and its just to bulky to bring it along.

Hmmm, well i don't think the HHKB Pro 2 is too much keyboard for anyone.  The price may seem steep at first, but it's actually worth it.  I have a lot of keyboards, and the HHKB Pro 2 will not disappoint you in any way.  The Type-S is even nicer.  But at $400, I know you are apprehensive.  All I can tell you is that ater you have been in this hobby for a while, you will realize what a bargain that $400 really is, considering you get silenced Topre switches and PBT keycaps.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.