Author Topic: Windows 8 hate?  (Read 27302 times)

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
Re: Windows 8 hate?
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 04:33:08 »
if i have chance i will trying set up windows 8
But window 8 is too expensive in here.

I think only have money problems..
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 10:15:25 »
You can always check out the Windows 8.1 evaluation for free.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:09:51 »
90 day evaluation.  Download commenced.  And actually nearly finished now, I am still surprised how fast my new internet connection is some times.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:14:31 »
LOL, Windows 8.

Yes I have it, because I thought "hey this is the future and I am a nerd!"-- it was a mistake (coming from Win7 Pro 64)

I would say Windows 8 is usable. I wouldn't have it if I cared at all about productivity...

The stock desktop is quite awful and I would recommend an addon like DisplayFusion to make it suck less.

No way I'm using the tiles. They work well as desktop-type icons-- of course nothing is added automatically though and good luck finding any app in the menus!

Worst part: needing a Microsoft account to do anything with the tiles/store. I hate that!!! Making me sign into a web account to use my own computer?? Heck no!! Everything in the store gets crap reviews anyways... you also have to have the annoying as heck "UAC" enabled to use the interactive tiles... sigh...

Did they update the search functionality in 8.1? So I can find applications easier

EDIT: Seeing they updated the search from the other thread. Though I'm wondering if I can install without the store (since I disabled the crap out of it, haha).
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:16:46 by MsYutai »
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 17:40:10 »
Worst part: needing a Microsoft account to do anything with the tiles/store. I hate that!!! Making me sign into a web account to use my own computer?? Heck no!! Everything in the store gets crap reviews anyways... you also have to have the annoying as heck "UAC" enabled to use the interactive tiles... sigh...

Did they update the search functionality in 8.1? So I can find applications easier

EDIT: Seeing they updated the search from the other thread. Though I'm wondering if I can install without the store (since I disabled the crap out of it, haha).

YES, the unmitigated FORCED, integration of their foul microsoft account (which I will never use in a 1000 years).

That is why I still use and support Windows 7 x64.  Still their best yet  :thumb: .

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:13:16 »
But if you're not using the Metro interface, you don't need to use a Microsoft account to log in...
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 22:22:46 »
But if you're not using the Metro interface, you don't need to use a Microsoft account to log in...

Try installing 8.1 without their Microsoft Account?  To be on the safe side with 8, I always disconnect the internet when installing their crummy OS.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:04:28 »

Try installing 8.1 without their Microsoft Account?  To be on the safe side with 8, I always disconnect the internet when installing their crummy OS.

Yeah I did exactly that - installed Windows 8.1 without a Microsoft Account.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:55:02 »

Treating your customers like idiots or thieves.

Nice one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 23:12:11 »
Still don't know what all the *****ing is about. I've been running 8 since RC hit MSDN in early August last year. Never setup a Live account, never used any Metro apps. Not a hitch. Yeah, you have to read the prompts a little carefully to get the desired result, but that's nothing new.

Offline Neal

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 04:29:25 »
Still don't know what all the *****ing is about. I've been running 8 since RC hit MSDN in early August last year. Never setup a Live account, never used any Metro apps. Not a hitch. Yeah, you have to read the prompts a little carefully to get the desired result, but that's nothing new.
Same here, I have very little if anything against W8. Same with W7, They're the same to me.

I just like W8 a bit better because of some fancy stuff, like the task manager etc.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:41:03 »

Treating your customers like idiots or thieves.

Nice one.

How is promoting use of a Microsoft Live account treating customers like thieves?

also, how is it treating them like idiots?

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 07:42:21 »

The *****ing, from what I can see, generally goes like this:

"Herp! Tha Windos stert boxy majig! where it go?! ****in magnets, how do dey werk?"

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:07:38 »
Hehe. Installed Windows 8.1 last night then had to spend 30 minutes fixing the thing... didn't have permissions to my own folders despite EVERYONE being set to full control. I think it was all confused because I had signed in with the Microsoft Account to install the thing. Sigh, what a pita.

I am glad though because they fixed the search and I also got a new slick version of Avast! yayy..?
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline nogamesplayed

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:19:13 »
I've been running Windows 8 since RTM, and I'm convinced that the people who say they don't like it are the ones who really didn't bother to learn how to use it. Your workflow is partially disrupted for about 2 weeks after you get over the idea that you no longer have a start menu and you use the Charms bar (as one of the many ways) to shut down, but after that you don't have any issues. Windows 8 is significantly faster, and most report better frame rates in games. It takes me ~10 seconds to boot, and I prefer booting to the Start Screen interface because I instantly see my notifications (email, calender, weather, etc).

After learning how to use it you will seriously never understand how you once preferred anything else. It just makes sense. The start menu has been a cluttered cluster**** for years... a hundred different folders and subfolders and subfolders... it's pointless. All of the best bits from the start menu are still available too-- just right click on the start button in Windows 8 and you get this:

Very simple and straight forward.

A lot of people say it's a bad move etc but so far, all of Microsoft's moves have been great (Windows Phone is a great OS, it just lacks apps, the Surface is a great tablet, and Windows 8 is well polished).
--------->[WTB] Radeon HD 7950 or better<---------

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:29:51 »
^^^^ You can also get that by hitting Win+X

Offline Willy

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 00:17:56 »
I use StartIsBack. I don't think I've ever seen the start screen or charms bar since the first 5 minutes of my install (boots to desktop and charms disabled). My windows 8 is pretty much windows 7 with all the benefits of windows 8. I have no reason to go back to Window 7.
QFR - Blues

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 02:47:55 »
My windows 8 is pretty much windows 7 with all the benefits of windows 8. I have no reason to go back to Window 7.

I bought a lot of licenses for Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x64's hence I will continue to get my money's worth.  I still love Win 7 despite paying up for a Win 8 Pro x64 hence for me this will be the last Windows OS purchase for some years to come.

Can never see the need to ever want 8.1, because everything still works perfectly  :thumb: .

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 03:06:25 »
My windows 8 is pretty much windows 7 with all the benefits of windows 8. I have no reason to go back to Window 7.

I bought a lot of licenses for Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x64's hence I will continue to get my money's worth.  I still love Win 7 despite paying up for a Win 8 Pro x64 hence for me this will be the last Windows OS purchase for some years to come.

Can never see the need to ever want 8.1, because everything still works perfectly  :thumb: .

True enough

if it aint broke , dont fix it

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3