Author Topic: Hello my name is Slobo  (Read 2465 times)

Offline slobo

• Overly shy, Trackball enthousiast
Hello my name is Slobo
« on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 08:35:03 »
Hello,

I've been reading some posts since last week and decided to register. The topics I enjoy the most are "unicorn vomit" and "post your keycaps". I am new to the whole new world of mechanical keyboards. I wasn't even aware that you can change you keycaps, now I want a colorful and unreadable keyboard :).

I've watched some videos. For work (computer related) I think for me brown Cherry MX are the best choice for me. If I can ask some questions here, do you know a (not expensive) AZERTY mechanical keyboard with brown switches? Currently, I've seen that the Filco majestouch 2 would fill my needs but I am open to other brands.

Thank you for your recommendations and welcoming :).

Note: I'm a non-native English, my syntax might be horrible, please excuse me for the inconvenience.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Hello my name is Slobo
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 08:39:40 »
Your English syntax is better than some native speakers...

Oh, and:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline slobo

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 08:58:00 »
Nice welcoming picture :)

Some stuff about me:
-I was intriged by a colleague's keyboard with blank keycaps (a Leopold otaku tenkeyless brown). After the introduction, he  let me test it for half an hour and I decided that I loved it! The tactile feel is incomparable to the 5$ crappy keyboard given by work.

-I am also a convinced trackball lover since many months. I have an old Logiech model, not fancy or what but does the job. Will give a look at the trackball forum section after i found my mechanical keyboard.

(Internet translation helps a lot btw  ;D)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 09:02:35 »
Welcome, Slobo. Where are you from?

If you're interested in trackballs, I would highly recommend taking a look at these three: Kensington Slimblade, Kensington Expert, and the L-Trac.

Offline slobo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 09:37:31 »
I am from France (omelette du fromage).

I have seen some pictures of the L-Trac, it seems to be a very nice trackball. I will give a look to the tow Kensignton model you mentioned, thank you for the suggestion ^^.

Offline slobo

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 04:23:27 »
Would it be okay to ask for help choosing a keyboard in the geekhack community/keyboard section?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:30:17 »
Would it be okay to ask for help choosing a keyboard in the geekhack community/keyboard section?

Yes, I believe that's where most users ask. Try to be specific so it narrows the options when other users look for what you might like.

Offline slobo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:54:00 »
I have been using a KBT Pure Pro since my last post. What a great keyboard to work with  :D

Unfortunately it cannot be found anywhere. Has KBT discontinued its products? I will try to post in the classified section to see if someone WTS.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 03:34:21 »
Your last post was more than two years ago :eek:

The pure Pro was on Massdrop, and many people have requested that the drop run again.  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kbt-pure-pro

Perhaps you could add your voice to the masses.

Or maybe you could consider a Pok3r - another very popular 60% keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ