Author Topic: Duckmini V2 F/W and tool kit  (Read 3049 times)

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
Duckmini V2 F/W and tool kit
« on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 09:49:23 »
Hi!

I am opening a new threand here for Duckmini V2 F/W and tool kit, but i am not sure if i can use this section.
If this is wrong place, please let me know.

When you unzip the attached file you can see many files, but you only use two files they are TrueCustomKeyMap.XML and DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.EXE.

TrueCustomKeyMap.XML is the place where you are mapping keys. After you remap all keys you should run DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.EXE file. The file covert your XML to HEX file. Once you generate your HEX file, you can use FLIP application(http://www.atmel.com/Images/JRE%20-%20Flip%20Installer%20-%203.4.7.112.exe) to download your HEX file to your PCB.

When you download your HEX file, you should unplug USB cable and plug USB cable during Capslock key pressed.
You may install FLIP dirver if you do this process first time. You may find FLIP driver here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb", but the place may be different.

After launch FLIP, choose "Device -> Select -> ATmega32U4" and "Setting -> Communication -> USB".
Next, Choose your Hex file from "File -> Load Hex File".
Finally, Press "RUN' on the main screen.

If you don't see any "Red light" on Erase, Black Check, Program and Verify on the main menu Please unplug and plug USB cable.
Now, your HEX file is in you PCB.

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 10:08:27 by TrueCustom »

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
Re: Duckmini V2 F/W and tool kit
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 10:14:25 »
I attached information for Duckmini V2 basic keymap.
This is the binary when you get your PCB.

36315-0

36317-1

* duckmini v2-final-by duck0113.hex (56.57 kB - downloaded 103 times.)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 10:19:12 »
Thanks for the firmware. I've tried pressing the FN key and LED toggle to turn on the LEDs, but to no avail.  I guess I need to download the firmware and configure it before it can work?

Or have I installed them the wrong way? Lol will you be able to help me if I lend you my soldering station?

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 10:38:30 »
Thanks for the firmware. I've tried pressing the FN key and LED toggle to turn on the LEDs, but to no avail.  I guess I need to download the firmware and configure it before it can work?

Or have I installed them the wrong way? Lol will you be able to help me if I lend you my soldering station?

No you don't need to download F/W again.

Can you just switch a LED and test it again, also you may press LED key couple of times to turn on LEDs.

Sure, I can help you. Please send me a PM and let's arrange a date.

Thanks!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 11:14:53 »
I'm new to updating keyboard firmware and hex files. As a Mac user, is there particular software I should be using instead of the .exe, or is this a Windows only thing?

FWIW, Linux based tools are often an option for Mac users who aren't afraid of the command line.  :cool:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 11:35:18 »
FLIP is available for linux ( http://www.atmel.com/tools/FLIP.aspx ) and I think that you can also use the dfu programmer ( http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/ ).

The problem is the DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.EXE, which compiles the XML to HEX. If truecustom releases the code maybe we can try to make a linux or mac version.

EDIT: of course the easiest is to compile with DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.exe in a virtual machine and then burn the firmware from anywhere you want (firmware burning from virtual machine is sometimes problematic)
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 11:39:11 by Matt3o »

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 14:13:55 »
FLIP is available for linux ( http://www.atmel.com/tools/FLIP.aspx ) and I think that you can also use the dfu programmer ( http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/ ).

The problem is the DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.EXE, which compiles the XML to HEX. If truecustom releases the code maybe we can try to make a linux or mac version.

EDIT: of course the easiest is to compile with DuckminiV2BinaryEncoder.exe in a virtual machine and then burn the firmware from anywhere you want (firmware burning from virtual machine is sometimes problematic)

Matt3o is right and i also agree that it is better to use Vitual Machine.
I recommend you VitualBox. It is free and doing it job well.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:15:04 »
Don't even have the keyboard yet, so I'm getting ahead of myself anyway. I have Win7 in Parallels, so that's always an option, but figured I'd ask the question in case there are other Mac users out there.

Thanks guys!

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 04:29:36 »
I have downloaded the file, extracted to C Drive, run the exe file as admin and nothing came out.

Can I use the KMAC Happy keymapping program for this? Since I see they are using the identical PCB and also controller.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD