Author Topic: Help! Photoshop Elements 9 Lost its mind and ate my photos  (Read 1441 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Help! Photoshop Elements 9 Lost its mind and ate my photos
« on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 10:26:43 »
This morning I am editing photos for a new F-122 guide I am creating. I open the photos to touch them up, brightness, contrast, crop, whatever, and then "Save As" like I have done tens of thousands of times for years.

After about the 3rd one, (taking a 2MB .jpg to a 200KB .jpg, not that it makes any difference) the screen blinked and the photo was gone. Original, edit, nothing, and although it looks like there is a file in my directory, it is a dead blank file.

Attempting to use "Recently Edited File" brings up the bad one, and the Recycle Bin is empty.

What the heck is this all about? I formatted my computer and re-installed (and re-activated) PE9 a few weeks ago, but it has been working properly until this morning.

Anybody got a clue what this could be?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Help! Photoshop Elements 9 Lost its mind and ate my photos
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 16:29:49 »
Partially solved. Thanks for all the help, guys, Ha Ha.

The "size" somehow set itself to 2 pixels wide (I certainly didn't do it, knowingly, at least).

I still don't know why it destroyed the originals, when I checked out I did not select "Replace Original"

Just in case this happens to anybody else.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 08:12:20 »
adobe products at their finest. they're all crap
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 11:47:41 »
adobe products at their finest. they're all crap

quite true
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013