Author Topic: Comparing DA 2013 & G400  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Emospence

Comparing DA 2013 & G400
« on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 03:16:11 »
So from the dimensions, their size is roughly the same..

How about shape?
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: Comparing DA 2013 & G400
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 03:28:27 »
So from the dimensions, their size is roughly the same..

How about shape?

When you do compare them side by side, they are almost exact in size although the DA2013 is cheap rubbish compared to the humble G400.

Also don't forget the weight issue here, if you are a limp-wristed baby, needing the absolute lightest mouse from these two - then the DA2013 wins as the most anorexic.  But truthfully the G400 is better 'weighted' (if there's such a word) as you manipulate the beggar around your mouse pad.

The thing also affecting the movement of these rodents is the issue of cable interference. When I use the DA2013 it sometimes refuses to stay in a position due to the cable being caught elsewhere along the line, hence it basically moves when you step away from your setup.  The G400 stays in position no matter were you leave it on your mouse pad because it has enough weight to cope with the cable trail that is left behind.

The other difference between these two rodents is the way you pick them up, the DA2013 is easier, because it basically is a direct rip-off of Microsoft's Earlier Shaped Mice (the best ever).  But the G400 has it's own shape that you need to pay attention to, if you like lifting the thing up in the air and transferring it about your pad which might affect how you like manipulating this rodent.

One more thing is the position of your finger tips, they rest comfortably on the DA2013 whilst on the G400 they almost hang off the edge of it's shape, no biggie for me since I will palm the G400 easily.  If you have a huge hand (like me) then the G400 might cause problems for you, but the size and weight of it suits me far better than the "Cheapie quality" DA2013.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2013, 03:36:03 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 04:39:44 »
G400 shape has good support on the right side, for a pure palm grip I would say it is better suited, but for anyone who finds themselves using a palm/claw hybrid grip then the DA is easily the best shape for it, although I'd say the Lachesis is even better for that grip provided ambidextrous shape isn't an issue.

Weight and build quality is pretty much the same, they both have good optical sensors with the exception of earlier G400 models, which had hw prediction. It all comes down to grip and, like Elrick said, lifting.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 21:31:51 »
Hand size is also a huge factor. I have fairly large hands, so when I use the G400 the right side of my palm tends to cramp after a while. I don't have that problem with the DA2013, but it sits lower, so I can't full-palm it.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 23:43:23 »

When you do compare them side by side, they are almost exact in size although the DA2013 is cheap rubbish compared to the humble G400.

Also don't forget the weight issue here, if you are a limp-wristed baby, needing the absolute lightest mouse from these two - then the DA2013 wins as the most anorexic.  But truthfully the G400 is better 'weighted' (if there's such a word) as you manipulate the beggar around your mouse pad.

The thing also affecting the movement of these rodents is the issue of cable interference. When I use the DA2013 it sometimes refuses to stay in a position due to the cable being caught elsewhere along the line, hence it basically moves when you step away from your setup.  The G400 stays in position no matter were you leave it on your mouse pad because it has enough weight to cope with the cable trail that is left behind.

The other difference between these two rodents is the way you pick them up, the DA2013 is easier, because it basically is a direct rip-off of Microsoft's Earlier Shaped Mice (the best ever).  But the G400 has it's own shape that you need to pay attention to, if you like lifting the thing up in the air and transferring it about your pad which might affect how you like manipulating this rodent.

One more thing is the position of your finger tips, they rest comfortably on the DA2013 whilst on the G400 they almost hang off the edge of it's shape, no biggie for me since I will palm the G400 easily.  If you have a huge hand (like me) then the G400 might cause problems for you, but the size and weight of it suits me far better than the "Cheapie quality" DA2013.

Calm yourself. This is a forum where the OP asked for a comparison, not mudslinging.
OT: The shapes are similar, but the side keys on the DA don't feel very good to me; they're plastic. I do prefer the actual shape of the DA, especially the rubber hexagon finish, which gives good grip and the sculpt of the mouse is better in my hands, as it lets my hand lie flatter and more relaxed. Mouse wheel is steady, etc. Haven't had experience with the G400 in particular, but I'm taking my opinions from some reviews. Also will probably have less software issues with the G400, Synapse sucks.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 00:00:01 »
Calm yourself. This is a forum where the OP asked for a comparison, not mudslinging.
 Haven't had experience with the G400 in particular, but I'm taking my opinions from some reviews. Also will probably have less software issues with the G400, Synapse sucks.

If you haven't had experience with the G400 then why are you posting here?

He wanted to know from ANYONE who actually has BOTH of these rodents, because he can Google (false advertising/reviews) all he wants (like you) about either mouse.  Hence from my own experience he gets the full info - no favouritism. 

I do not grease up any manufacturers hole because they sponsored me, give me anything or provided me with any type of gratuity, hence he gets both barrels when it comes actual usage of various mice.   My ardent hatred is only reserved for lazy-arse manufacturers who depend upon false advertising to help masquerade rubbish as a decent mouse for the money paid.  I said it before and I'll repeat myself here for you - the DA2013 would get my seal of approval if it was retailing for $10.00USD it's true worth.

That's it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 00:05:06 by Elrick »

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 00:34:58 »
If you haven't had experience with the G400 then why are you posting here?

He wanted to know from ANYONE who actually has BOTH of these rodents, because he can Google (false advertising/reviews) all he wants (like you) about either mouse.  Hence from my own experience he gets the full info - no favouritism. 

I do not grease up any manufacturers hole because they sponsored me, give me anything or provided me with any type of gratuity, hence he gets both barrels when it comes actual usage of various mice.   My ardent hatred is only reserved for lazy-arse manufacturers who depend upon false advertising to help masquerade rubbish as a decent mouse for the money paid.  I said it before and I'll repeat myself here for you - the DA2013 would get my seal of approval if it was retailing for $10.00USD it's true worth.

That's it.

I thought that the time when people hid behind their keyboards and attempted to satisfy their inflated self-worth was for the under-ten category, not the teenager.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 01:16:39 »
I thought that the time when people hid behind their keyboards and attempted to satisfy their inflated self-worth was for the under-ten category, not the teenager.

Hey why don't you fly down here to Perth, Western Australia - I'll meet you at the International Airport, then you can really see what I look like up close.  Don't ever confuse my reviews with yours.  I don't hold back because I get sick and tired of scam artists posing as so-called users here on Geekhack, inflating certain companies crap-gear as something extraordinary.

Besides you can always tell me when you see me up close - at the Airport.

If you don't want the truth then why get all flustered and start with the name calling.  Again you can save your rhetoric of me and what you think simply by stopping on by and letting me know personally......  you're right, lets not hide behind our keyboards  :thumb: .

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 01:26:20 »
Seriously bro, calm down. The issue is that when you start trash-talking one product the way you did the DA2013, you start to lose credibility and people stop listening to what you have to say. There are better and more intelligent ways to express your viewpoints and dislikes of a specific item than just blatant badmouthing.

I own both of these mice, and love both of them. Neither is perfect, and I would agree that the DA shouldn't cost $80. If it was priced the same as the G400 that would be much more reasonable.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 01:57:14 »
I own both of these mice, and love both of them. Neither is perfect, and I would agree that the DA shouldn't cost $80. If it was priced the same as the G400 that would be much more reasonable.

Actually it retails via Ebay Stores here in Australia around the $69.00 on average and you'll have some selling it at a lower price to around $59.00 AUD (still too high).

Having the DA2013 cost about the same as a G400 is too generous but from the finish of the current Razer Mouse, it's still worth no more than an exact AJAZZ copy sold on Ebay for around $12.00 USD (the AJAZZ is the exact copy and is actually better than the name brand from which it is based).  I get the feeling that Razer doesn't actually have a manufacturing plant under it's control, instead they farm out manufacturing with bidding which is common in China.  Razer then selects the lowest bid from a maker, then the deal goes ahead.  That is why some versions of the same model are drastically different with finish and execution due to this type of manufacturing.

Razer should actually show the company to which it's name brand is being made like what Apple does.  Although even Apple is having problems with their current products as well.  It's a shame there is no permanent manufacturer based in China that only makes that companies products and nothing else - but unfortunately this maybe the future for all Companies residing in the West.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:55:30 »

Actually it retails via Ebay Stores here in Australia around the $69.00 on average and you'll have some selling it at a lower price to around $59.00 AUD (still too high).

Having the DA2013 cost about the same as a G400 is too generous but from the finish of the current Razer Mouse, it's still worth no more than an exact AJAZZ copy sold on Ebay for around $12.00 USD (the AJAZZ is the exact copy and is actually better than the name brand from which it is based).  I get the feeling that Razer doesn't actually have a manufacturing plant under it's control, instead they farm out manufacturing with bidding which is common in China.  Razer then selects the lowest bid from a maker, then the deal goes ahead.  That is why some versions of the same model are drastically different with finish and execution due to this type of manufacturing.

Razer should actually show the company to which it's name brand is being made like what Apple does.  Although even Apple is having problems with their current products as well.  It's a shame there is no permanent manufacturer based in China that only makes that companies products and nothing else - but unfortunately this maybe the future for all Companies residing in the West.

The thing is; you seem to have gotten a bad unit(seriously, mine doesn't squeak no matter how hard I squeeze and the finish is great and even, nor has anyone else reported any of these issues that I've seen). This happens to pretty much every manufacturer of consumer goods, and basing your view of the product and the manufacturer on receiving a bad product is a bit daft. I don't think Razer's QC is very good, although that's just an assumption, but even with good QC there'd still be a few duds considering that Razer products are hugely popular and they sell quite a bit.

But yeah, like daerid said, it's a bit overpriced and the build quality could be slightly better.