Author Topic: Razer Deathadder 2013 vs Zowie EC1 eVo  (Read 15620 times)

Offline Emospence

Razer Deathadder 2013 vs Zowie EC1 eVo
« on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 20:51:58 »
Anyone who's used both able to compare them in terms of button feel, scroll wheel and build quality?

Perhaps also compare to the Zowie FK for the buttons and scroll?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 20:53:46 by Emospence »
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: Razer Deathadder 2013 vs Zowie EC1 eVo
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 21:08:56 »
Anyone who's used both able to compare them in terms of button feel, scroll wheel and build quality?

Perhaps also compare to the Zowie FK for the buttons and scroll?

Have not purchased a Zowie Product but this Russian Guy has both and has done a full review.  Down side you need to know what he says (aka fluent in Ruskie).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xs1PRbRPN4

At least see the video (phone video camera - poor rez) and look at the images to see their shape compared to one another.  Sorry I can't help you with any detailed insights here.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 03:24:07 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 03:28:56 »

Have just bought one Zowie EC1 EVO rodent ( seems to be the largest Zowie Mouse in their current range ) so when it comes in I'll give a brief review with regards to quality/finish of the housing, buttons, and scroll wheel.

Besides I never owned a Zowie product before so am interested in finding out if it's worth the money.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:43:30 by Elrick »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:56:44 »

Have just bought one Zowie EC1 EVO rodent ( seems to be the largest Zowie Mouse in their current range ) so when it comes in I'll give a breath review with regards to quality/finish of the housing, buttons, and scroll wheel.

Besides I never owned a Zowie product before so am interested in finding out if it's worth the money.

Cool, thanks! Would like to know your thoughts

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 11:52:54 »
I think most of the internet will say the DeathAdder is the best mouse ever made. I agree with that.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Emospence

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:36:57 »
I feel like the right side of the DA "tapers off", would really prefer it to have a more \///// shape as compared to the \\\\\\\ which I feel like it is.. The right side seems kind of low.

Is the EC1 eVo better in this regard?

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 14:23:33 »
I had exactly the same concerns as you before purchasing the Deathadder, but... after using it a while, and getting used to its shape, it's not a problem for me anymore.

Also, this is a video I made on holding the Deathadder:

I have never used a Zowie EC1/2 before, so, I can't compare the two.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 14:42:56 »
The new deathadder 2013 is not the best mouse ever, BUT it has the best shape I have tried yet and the sensor is VERY good. I also like the grip on the 2013 edition, but I cant compare it to other versions.

But since for me the shape and sensor are the most important features of a mouse, even if it's not necessarily the most well built mouse ever and the scroll wheel is ok but could be improved, it is still my favorite mouse yet because it's super comfortable to use and very precise.

So in the end, even if it's not the best mouse ever made, it's still the best mouse I ever tried because it's the one I most enjoy using. The hard thing with mouses is that it's hard to know if you will like it or not without trying it. So if you hesitate between these 2 mice, try the one that interest you most and then you will see if you made the right choice!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Emospence

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:08:57 »
The new deathadder 2013 is not the best mouse ever, BUT it has the best shape I have tried yet and the sensor is VERY good. I also like the grip on the 2013 edition, but I cant compare it to other versions.

But since for me the shape and sensor are the most important features of a mouse, even if it's not necessarily the most well built mouse ever and the scroll wheel is ok but could be improved, it is still my favorite mouse yet because it's super comfortable to use and very precise.

So in the end, even if it's not the best mouse ever made, it's still the best mouse I ever tried because it's the one I most enjoy using. The hard thing with mouses is that it's hard to know if you will like it or not without trying it. So if you hesitate between these 2 mice, try the one that interest you most and then you will see if you made the right choice!

Agreed. Just feeling it in a shop isn't enough either, I have to bring it home and really use it..

Pretty keen on the EC1 eVo due to what I previously mentioned about the DA's shape as well as its slightly overly soft buttons, but I keep reading things about its scroll wheel skipping :(

Offline mauri

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 09:39:10 »

Agreed. Just feeling it in a shop isn't enough either, I have to bring it home and really use it..

Pretty keen on the EC1 eVo due to what I previously mentioned about the DA's shape as well as its slightly overly soft buttons, but I keep reading things about its scroll wheel skipping :(

It does skip, not sure whether they at zowie consider it as a property or what but I absolutely hate it, it's fine for surfing internet but there sometimes isn't any feedback when you scroll a notch. Didn't fancy deathadders scroll wheel either tho. Steelseries imo does the best job on scroll wheels, there's always a distinct notch all around.

If the scroll isn't an issue then I can wholeheartedly recommend the ec series, great mice. I like my ec2.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Emospence

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:34:36 »
It does skip, not sure whether they at zowie consider it as a property or what but I absolutely hate it, it's fine for surfing internet but there sometimes isn't any feedback when you scroll a notch. Didn't fancy deathadders scroll wheel either tho. Steelseries imo does the best job on scroll wheels, there's always a distinct notch all around.

If the scroll isn't an issue then I can wholeheartedly recommend the ec series, great mice. I like my ec2.

That doesn't sound very wholehearted :(

Offline mauri

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:28:39 »

That doesn't sound very wholehearted :(

Well the mouse is perfect in every other aspect and the scroll doesn't bother me as much as it used to when I played games competitively, and even then it was just a silly OCD manner.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Emospence

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 22:16:56 »
Well the mouse is perfect in every other aspect and the scroll doesn't bother me as much as it used to when I played games competitively, and even then it was just a silly OCD manner.

Took the dive and ordered EC1 eVo. Fingers crossed!

Offline SNF

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:33:20 »

Took the dive and ordered EC1 eVo. Fingers crossed!

Let us know how it is!

Im debating between a Zowie fk or am.....

Still loyal to my WMO 1.1  :cool:

Offline Calcifar

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:19:23 »
I used to own a Deathadder. For 2 days.

Then I returned it, as I could not get over the uneven resistances on the mouse buttons but I also prefer claw grip mice, so there is that.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 19:20:21 »

Then I returned it, as I could not get over the uneven resistances on the mouse buttons but I also prefer claw grip mice, so there is that.

I got rid of mine too, can't stand the side buttons being tactile but the top buttons so mushy. They coating isn't that great either

But the EC sometimes squeaks when I scroll up now, so I ordered a CL :s hopefully the new scroll wheel will be better

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:08:31 »
I got rid of mine too, can't stand the side buttons being tactile but the top buttons so mushy. They coating isn't that great either

But the EC sometimes squeaks when I scroll up now, so I ordered a CL :s hopefully the new scroll wheel will be better

I have taken my DA2013 apart to see why the housing was making so much noise when I used it.  All I did was pour some lubricant between the top and lower external sections where they meet and now the rodent is quiet when moved on my pad.

In fact it now is working like my Zowie EC1 with no noise whatsoever.  Who would think that applying a little lube would calm/quiet the mouse to this extent.

Emospence, where did you buy/order your new Zowie CL from?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:55:38 »

I wanna know this too! Zowie told me it was coming out in December.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:56:31 »
I have taken my DA2013 apart to see why the housing was making so much noise when I used it.  All I did was pour some lubricant between the top and lower external sections where they meet and now the rodent is quiet when moved on my pad.

In fact it now is working like my Zowie EC1 with no noise whatsoever.  Who would think that applying a little lube would calm/quiet the mouse to this extent.

Recommended official retailer for my region

http://www.extremegear.com.my/default.aspx

OOS already lol. They had some customs issue though, and will ship latest on the 22nd

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 02:02:34 »

The coating is junk. My deathadder looks awful after 3 years, and it didn't actually take long for it to start wearing from what I recall.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 19:17:42 »
The coating is junk. My deathadder looks awful after 3 years, and it didn't actually take long for it to start wearing from what I recall.

I'm just thankful I didn't keep mine long enough to see that happen

Patiently awaiting my EC1 eVo CLs!

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 19:25:28 »
Would someone that liked the EC1 Evo and Rival's shape size like the FK1 ?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 21:01:29 »
it's a lot smaller. I like it, but I hate the Rival's shape. so maybe not? :(

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:17:04 »
This is a good video for Rival vs. FK1 talk.