Author Topic: Good luck fohat  (Read 1398 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Good luck fohat
« on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 16:05:47 »
Fohat.digs has placed his stealth modded Model F 122 on ebay after he was unable to sell it on geekhack.

Good luck! I"ve always thought that most people on this forum (including me even though I am unsuccessful) prefer to mod our own keyboards, but on ebay most are normal retail people not keyboard geeks. Something already in guaranteed working, perfect condition, attractively modded, should get sold fast!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Good luck fohat
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 16:12:24 »
Holy **** berzerkfan...I thought you were going to tell me fohat.digs was leaving with that title @.@.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:00:23 »
I saw it!  Immediately recognized it must be his by the painted plate in one of the photos :D

Good luck!!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:19:25 »
Here's the link in case anyone else is curious.  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:13:27 »
"Heavily modified" :))

GLWS!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:15:20 »
What exactly does "stealth modded" mean?
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:18:52 »
What exactly does "stealth modded" mean?

chopped by 30% and painted black
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:37:26 »
I thought he was leaving too by reading the title  :))

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:54:24 »
Ah. It has been modified from ISO to ANSI layout!
🍉

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 03:30:57 »
not only that; my worst sin was (once again) forgetting to include the link again for what must be the fifth or sixth time! But since somebody did, I won't bother to modify OP
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I thought he was leaving too by reading the title  :))
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.