Author Topic: Where can one Cherry profile doubleshot modifier key caps?  (Read 2593 times)

Offline hermith

Where can one Cherry profile doubleshot modifier key caps?
« on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:00:21 »
I have a keycap set from an old Cherry keyboard with MY switches I robbed. I want to use these on my Ducky Mini but there are a few issues. It lacks a few modifiers (win, r-win, menu) and the ones that are a part of the set (ctrl, r-ctrl, alt gr) are too wide. The spacebar is also too wide. The caps lock has an off-centre stem so I can't use it either.

Some pictures:

Profile shot, Z

Profile shot, tab

Tab on keyboard

Z on keyboard

The original keyboard only have ctrl, alt, alt gr and r-ctrl. Thus the modifiers are too wide. Shift, l-shift, tab, backspace, enter, caps are all is proper size, so these are usable.

Alt and ctrl compared to a normal size modofier cap

Doubleshot goodness.

The spacebar is too wide as well

The original keyboard, MY switches, horrible to type on.

Any idea where one can find something like these? Preferably in the same style as the original keyboard. This is a ISO board so the right-shift is 1.25x.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 14:24:33 by hermith »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Where can one Cherry profile doubleshot modifier key caps?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:18:08 »
Different colors but same keycaps. I also have some left overs of the keys you need in white/purple from the last buy if it's suitable for you.
Nice find, Norwegian layout is not so common. Another good choice would be to get an older winkeyless ISO MX pcb out of a G80-3000. It's easy and cheap to get a hold of and you can use 100% keycap set you have already.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:25:29 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Where can one Cherry profile doubleshot modifier key caps?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:19:19 »
Essentially, it sounds like you're looking for a black on beige moogle.