Author Topic: Trackball sensitivity  (Read 4787 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Trackball sensitivity
« on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 02:51:06 »
Just hoping someone can chime in with some tips on getting my trackball set up, recently I got a Logitech Trackball (T-BB18) off eBay but I just cant seem to get it dialed in properly. With my G400 I usually have it set around 1800 DPI with Windows mouse sensitivity at maximum but when I try and replicate these settings on the trackball I find I it's either way too sensitive and I cant click on small links or its not sensitive enough and my thumb wears out after 5 minutes.

Anyone else had this experience?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tanilolli

• ಠ_ಠ
    • The Tech Zone Live
Re: Trackball sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:31:20 »
I've experienced this in the past with the switch from a regular mouse to a trackball. I tried tuning it as close as possible, and after a week or two it gets a lot easier to accurately point.
Leopold FC200RT/AB Cherry MX Browns

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 06:08:01 »
I love my BB18.

Here's my recommendations to getting used to it.  First, get rid of any options you had set for your mouse.  This is a completely different animal.

Once your thumb is used to the default settings, then start to tweak things as need be.  I actually 'roll' the ball with my thumb, taking my thumb off of it, and then back down to stop the pointer when I want to get around the screen quickly.  You'll get used to it, and I'm sure your shoulder and arm will thank you as mine do for dropping a mouse.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:21:34 »
so how's that coming along Bueller?

I hope you're used to your trackball by now. Because it's really a question of precise finger control, something that you have to get used to. Once you have that down pat, I think you will find trackballs better simply because you have to move so much less!

Just hoping someone can chime in with some tips on getting my trackball set up, recently I got a Logitech Trackball (T-BB18) off eBay but I just cant seem to get it dialed in properly. With my G400 I usually have it set around 1800 DPI with Windows mouse sensitivity at maximum but when I try and replicate these settings on the trackball I find I it's either way too sensitive and I cant click on small links or its not sensitive enough and my thumb wears out after 5 minutes.

Anyone else had this experience?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.