Author Topic: FS: Murdered LZ-GH  (Read 8591 times)

Offline YongJK

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: FS: Murdered LZ-GH
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 08:32:19 »
I am afraid to tell that the packaging is not safe at all.
At least, it does not work in China at all.
All the courier packages in China are handled roughly, as bad as you could imagine.

From my multiple experience of purchasing mechanical keyboards from China,
the seller will pack firstly with bubble wraps. A few rounds of wrap.
Later on two sheets of thick (1 inch ea), soft-type Styrofoam to place on top and bottom.
finally the package will only put into a firm box.
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 09:03:10 »
Call PayPal and talk to them in person. I really truly suggest doing that. I think it may help your situation if you can talk to a person and explain your situation to them, and let them know you have conversational evidence.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 09:07:22 »
I did. no dice.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 09:39:38 »
PayPal has some serious issues. It's a great idea, but poorly implemented.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 09:49:49 »
PayPal has some serious issues. It's a great idea, but poorly implemented.

I have been scammed before, and I don't agree with this statement. PayPal has a seller protection program. If you follow it, you stay protected. Unfortunately, people want things the cheapest way, and sellers want instant gratification, so are willing to take the risk selling to them in this manner to get the sale.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 09:59:34 »
I have been scammed before, and I don't agree with this statement. PayPal has a seller protection program. If you follow it, you stay protected. Unfortunately, people want things the cheapest way, and sellers want instant gratification, so are willing to take the risk selling to them in this manner to get the sale.

This is why I asked about how the payment was received. If the proxy was listed as the confirmed address, the seller should still be protected. The buyer should not have been given a refund because his protection was voided when the item left the proxy.

Again, this is assuming that the payment was sent for goods rather than as a gift, in which case the seller's protection would be void.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:03:00 »

This is why I asked about how the payment was received. If the proxy was listed as the confirmed address, the seller should still be protected. The buyer should not have been given a refund because his protection was voided when the item left the proxy.

Again, this is assuming that the payment was sent for goods rather than as a gift, in which case the seller's protection would be void.

Yes, I do agree. Which, if everything was up to par on the seller's side in regard to seller protection, means he should fight harder to get his money back.

Offline Sifo

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Illustrious
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:44:58 »

Yes, I do agree. Which, if everything was up to par on the seller's side in regard to seller protection, means he should fight harder to get his money back.

Yes pls justice 4 ETC

#JUSTICE4ETC
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:50:11 »
The person probably getting that case is me.  It's very intimidating, but as soon as I saw that poor case a while ago, I've been wondering how it could be fixed, so I PM'd right away when I saw this thread pop up.  We'll see if I can make it pretty again without completely breaking my already low budget.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:51:03 »
The person probably getting that case is me.  It's very intimidating, but as soon as I saw that poor case a while ago, I've been wondering how it could be fixed, so I PM'd right away when I saw this thread pop up.  We'll see if I can make it pretty again without completely breaking my already low budget.

If you restore it... you are a hero

Should sell it to me afterwards and we'll see if we can re anodized it :D turn this into a GH wide project.

#SAVETHELZ-GH
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:52:32 »
I have some optimistic faith... though that could just be my brain having a mini "you are a damn fool" seizure ;)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 11:54:33 »
I believe!!
I love Elzy

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:03:07 »
I think it's definitely doable, and I think you're far more capable than most at making it work Photo.

Good luck, and bring out the clamps.

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:04:51 »
Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys!  I don't have that much equipment, living in a city apartment, but I've been getting tools gradually as I need them.  We'll see if I can straighten this thing out without resorting to a local body shop's assistance.  I'll definitely post any progress :)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:08:00 »
If you allow yourself to modify it a bit and not restore it to absolute original it will be a lot easier. Milling the edges at the split lines is an easy way to hide imperfections in geometrical tolerances which might cause the gap size to be large and uneven. Drilling larger holes and using larger threads might help minimize gaps as well depending on how it is assembled.

Godspeed Photoelectric

Edit: Without proper tools, I suspect you will have a hard time. Bending aluminum that thick accurately is hard, especially since it will be visible in the split line if they aren't flush. That said, I sincerely hope you succeed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 12:09:36 by damorgue »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 14:34:35 »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 14:53:02 »
this seems to have become a magnet for controversy, and the transaction is complete. closing the thread for decency's sake.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.