Author Topic: FS: Murdered LZ-GH  (Read 8592 times)

Offline emptythecache

• Trade Count: (0)
  • out.
FS: Murdered LZ-GH
« on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:55:35 »
I was the seller of the LZ-GH that was murdered by China Post. Paypal refunded the buyer, even though frankly that **** wasn't my fault. He never told me it was even going to China, he just said "not USA," and he should've arranged insurance for it with his proxy if he knew China Post was likely to **** it up. Either way, Paypal told me to go **** myself, so now I have a bent $500 keyboard sitting in my apartment. Does anyone want it for cheap? Maybe you can find a metal shop that can bend it back into shape, or at the very least you can salvage the lubed and stickered 62g vintages blacks and trik pcb (I tested that it's still 100% functional, just bent).

Someone make me an offer. Believe me when I say all offers will be considered. I just want the damn thing out of my apartment because looking at it makes me want to damage the other nice things I own.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: FS: Murdered LZ-GH
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:58:38 »
PM'd. to indicate interest. I'd give it a good home :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:23:11 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:59:07 »
Wow that dude is an *******.  Sorry bout your luck bro.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 14:59:43 »
GLWS. That's unfortunate that that happened. Someone will probably want it and salvage it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:05:25 »
The guy requested a refund? What a twat.

His own fault for not being specific about what shipping he wanted or choosing a cheap & ****ty shipping service.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:07:56 »
I was the seller of the LZ-GH that was murdered by China Post. Paypal refunded the buyer, even though frankly that **** wasn't my fault. He never told me it was even going to China, he just said "not USA," and he should've arranged insurance for it with his proxy if he knew China Post was likely to **** it up. Either way, Paypal told me to go **** myself, so now I have a bent $500 keyboard sitting in my apartment. Does anyone want it for cheap? Maybe you can find a metal shop that can bend it back into shape, or at the very least you can salvage the lubed and stickered 62g vintages blacks and trik pcb (I tested that it's still 100% functional, just bent).

Someone make me an offer. Believe me when I say all offers will be considered. I just want the damn thing out of my apartment because looking at it makes me want to damage the other nice things I own.

So you sold to a guy and his proxy shipped it to him and it was damaged? How is that your fault so long as it got to the proxy ok?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:08:17 »
$10 + postage cost to UK?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:10:06 »
As someone who had nothing but a great experience buying an LZ from you...

#****paypal
#****thatguy

I love Elzy

Offline r3n_uneducated

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:11:27 »
WOw
Poor the Kb :(
GLWS
Own: Rosewill 9000 Vintage Black

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:12:35 »
Sadly, as I've now learned, the only way to save yourself as a seller is to take a couple precautions and force the buyer to pay for everything they need to make sure you're covered. That essentially means you can't sell things to someone who will only pay for the cheapest shipping option without putting yourself at risk of something like this.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:14:52 »

So you sold to a guy and his proxy shipped it to him and it was damaged? How is that your fault so long as it got to the proxy ok?

That's my thought too.  I though the job of a proxy was to make sure everything was packed properly for the trip to wherever they're forwarding it to.

I guess the takeaway lesson from this is to always get the proxy to make the payment instead of the buyer so if you get screwed by the proxy's shipping, your money is safe.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:19:00 »

that's what i told paypal, they didn't give a ****.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 15:46:21 »
Oh dear. glws tho.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:20:54 »
I feel so sad about that beautiful keyboard. PMed.
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Time
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:29:40 »

zero self control
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:31:03 »
**** PayPal, helping douchebags scam and rip good folks off all the time.

Hope you can sell this off to someone to help you out.

*wizbro hug*

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 16:38:09 »

zero self control

You know me.  ;)
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:38:26 »

His own fault for not being specific about what shipping he wanted or choosing a cheap & ****ty shipping service.

Are you alright photeq?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:46:02 »

Are you alright photeq?
i've been ill for the past few days actually. do you disagree with my statements?
github

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:51:04 »
paypal doesnt give a flying **** about sellers.

and **** that guy for asking for a refund when you had nothing to do with it.

this is exactly why i dont ship anything overseas. the amount of money stuff costs on this isn't worth the trouble. **** proxies and selling overseas.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 20:29:25 »
PM'ed. I can see if resurrection is possible!  I've done it with people but that keyboard looks rough!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 20:30:46 »

Are you alright photeq?
do you disagree with my statements?

yup

Did you even read the post?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 20:34:06 »
This is BS. I say we hold a fundraiser or something, ETC shouldn't be out of pocket because of that prick.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 20:37:50 »
yup

of course i read the post. i might be ill but i'm not blind. what do you disagree with? :

1. i488 is a twat because he asked for a refund despite the fact it was not OPs fault.
2. OP shouldn't be blamed since the board was broken because i488 and his proxy chose a cheap and crappy delivery service and/or i488s proxy did not package the keyboard correctly
github

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 21:18:14 »
I don't want to put all the blame (on a moral level or whatever) on i488. He said to package it securely because the proxy wasn't going to repackage it. You could argue I did underestimate that need. But at the same time, if you are going to use a proxy, getting it from them to you shouldn't be the seller's responsibility. I'm only pissed off because I lost a bunch of money.

For people asking, I can understand that it's hard to value something in this state. The highest offer I've gotten is $200.

Don't do a fundraiser for this.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 21:23:15 »
Sorry to hear this again....good luck cache.....

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 21:25:00 »
I don't want to put all the blame (on a moral level or whatever) on i488. He said to package it securely because the proxy wasn't going to repackage it. You could argue I did underestimate that need. But at the same time, if you are going to use a proxy, getting it from them to you shouldn't be the seller's responsibility. I'm only pissed off because I lost a bunch of money.

For people asking, I can understand that it's hard to value something in this state. The highest offer I've gotten is $200.

Don't do a fundraiser for this.

I think people are more on his case for doing a charge-back. If the keyboard arrived in one piece to the proxy your job is done.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 21:38:38 »
He just didn't want to be out $500 either, go easy on him. It's just a ****ty situation.

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 23:31:58 »
He just didn't want to be out $500 either, go easy on him. It's just a ****ty situation.

Well i feel bad for you, so send me your paypal address and i will send you $20 to help out.
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline i488

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 01:49:39 »

i told the seller that his package will come to me through proxy shipping in the exact package he sent to the proxy address.

He is aware of it and promised to pack it firmly.

after my damaged keyboard arrived I contacted the seller via GH.

1 week he didnt reply. So I go paypal, asked 200usd back. seller declined.

paypal come in and looked at the case. they decided 500usd full refund.

why am I the one to be blamed?

Offline Forever

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 01:54:56 »
sadly, paypal is always on buyer's side. But if its like i488 said, it is also ur fault cause u didnt pack the keyboard carefully.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 01:57:38 by Forever »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:04:01 »
sadly, paypal is always on buyer's side. But if its like i488 said, it is also ur fault cause u didnt pack the keyboard carefully.

Or at the very least purchase insurance..
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:05:12 »

If the keyboard made it to the proxy's house he did his job just fine. No amount of packaging would have saved that parcel, OP should have bought insurance.

Offline i488

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:09:42 »

If the keyboard made it to the proxy's house he did his job just fine. No amount of packaging would have saved that parcel, OP should have bought insurance.
FYI
I had insurance. And I tried to solve it with insurance 1st. And it turns out that only valid prove is invoice or eBay transaction record which I don't have   

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:13:04 »

FYI
I had insurance. And I tried to solve it with insurance 1st. And it turns out that only valid prove is invoice or eBay transaction record which I don't have   

Could you have filed a claim with whatever company issued the insurance?

Offline mauri

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:13:53 »
If only you two communicated both would've been happy, now both disappointed..
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Ryan Uber

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:30:34 »
If the original price was ~500 and the buyer got a full refund, maybe ~250 could find its way back to the seller, and no one is hung out to dry.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:41:54 »
I think it is fairest for emptythecache to sell the keyboard for the best price he can, and then emptythecache and i488 can share the loss (Difference between 500 and the selling price).

No love lost and fair for everyone.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:42:17 »
FYI

You have your paypal invoice..plus you could have asked for one and the seller could've made one up.  The problem is, you didn't wait to try to resolve this...and the reality is, the sellers responsibility ended when it got to your proxy.  The fact that it got damaged from your proxy to you is YOUR fault...not his. 

Instead you didn't want to be out..even though where the keyboard got dumped was after your representative had already received the good.  Congratulations, you've made it so no one will do business with you and people will think twice or thrice about dealing w/ a proxy. 

Offline Ryan Uber

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 02:43:58 »
I think it is fairest for emptythecache to sell the keyboard for the best price he can, and then emptythecache and i488 can share the loss (Difference between 500 and the selling price).

No love lost and fair for everyone.

Good call - didn't consider funds from salvage keyboard sale.

Offline SNF

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 03:57:44 »
Someone help the man out and buy the keyboard and save it/revive it/salvage it/something

It's hurts me to see a keyboard like this  :p

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 04:11:41 »
Plus, the way it's bent, it's kinda ergo?
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 05:46:15 »

i told the seller that his package will come to me through proxy shipping in the exact package he sent to the proxy address.

you didn't say china. I had no idea china post had a reputation for being rough with packages, and it's not my responsibility to, considering where I shipped it was California. my packaging was perfectly fine for any reasonable parcel service. As people in the other thread said, the way it was damaged would've happened no matter how I packed it. your pm after it arrived didn't ask me for anything, just impugned my packing skills. I felt bad that it happened, but not guilty about my end of the transaction, and certainly not guilty enough to refund you hundreds of dollars for something that wasn't my fault. most importantly, it doesn't matter whether my packaging wasn't good enough for china. if it made it to the proxy, my responsibility as the seller is over. you should've arranged for them to insure it, and if necessary repack it if my packaging was so neglectful.

edit: wouldn't your proof to the insurance company be the receipt from purchasing insurance?
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 05:56:39 by emptythecache »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 05:55:17 »

you didn't say china. I had no idea china post had a reputation for being rough with packages, and it's not my responsibility to, considering where I shipped it was California. my packaging was perfectly fine for any reasonable parcel service. As people in the other thread said, the way it was damaged would've happened no matter how I packed it. your pm after it arrived didn't ask me for anything, just impugned my packing skills. I felt bad that it happened, but not guilty about my end of the transaction, and certainly not guilty enough to refund you hundreds of dollars for something that wasn't my fault. most importantly, it doesn't matter whether my packaging wasn't good enough for china. if it made it to the proxy, my responsibility as the seller is over. you should've arranged for them to insure it, and if necessary repack it if my packaging was so neglectful.

And the full story comes out. No sympathy for the buyer of the keyboard, you're an idiot.

So sorry that you've had to foot the bill for him being a dumbass ETC.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 05:59:45 by bueller »

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 06:19:03 »
Yeah, I agree.
You paid the seller here to send the package to a destination.
He did. It made it safely to it's destination, California.

YOU arranged for it to be shipped again from there, that is YOUR responsibility. He can only insure the package to the proxy, what in HELL do you expect him to do outside of that? This is your own fault i488.

This is why I hate shipping to proxies. Because I lose control over the package, and I lose the ability to guarantee that the damn thing will even show up, let alone showing up in one piece. You asked him for the favor of sending to a proxy.

Hold the phone, guys. Let me EXPLAIN WHAT PROXY MEANS.

Straight from Mirriam-Webster's website:
Proxy - power or authority that is given to allow a person to act for someone else

You have asked the seller in question to send YOUR package, to someone ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF. Any single thing that happens after that package arrives at your proxy, is the responsibility of that proxy. The proxy is someone you have given authority to act on your behalf, meaning that HE DELIVERED THE PACKAGE TO YOUR AGENT. PERIOD. The transaction is complete at this point. He has completed delivery as discussed, and can in no way (except in paypal's ****ed up world) be held accountable for any action that your proxy takes.

I cannot believe people sometimes.

Emptythecache. I really wish I could buy this and try and help you out, but I can't afford to pay you enough to make it worth your while. Hopefully somebody can help make up for this buyer's willful ignorance and dedication to innocence.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 06:22:58 »
Emptythecache. If the buyer used the term "Proxy" in your discussion and agreement, and you have record of the buyer stating that the package arrived to the proxy in good health, I would contact paypal. Because they might just, one in a million, stick up for the seller.

He asked you to send it someplace, and you did, and it showed up in perfect condition. Anything beyond that is by no stretch of the imagination your responsibility.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 07:17:02 »
I told paypal that, they didn't care.

I've gotten an offer I'm going to accept if he's still willing to pay it. I'm going to close the thread later today and ask the mods to delete it because I don't want to bring hell's wrath down on i488. Maybe he screwed up, maybe I screwed up, who knows, but its done now. Don't blackball i488, just be aware that he's in China, and take the precautions to make this not an issue in the future.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 07:47:22 »
Was the proxy's address the one listed on the PayPal invoice, and did it say "OK to ship" when you received payment? If so, and PayPal is still siding with the buyer, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of San Jose as well as the FTC.

Now if you were paid as a gift or there was no address listed on the invoice, then I'm afraid you are out of luck.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 08:29:01 »
yup

of course i read the post. i might be ill but i'm not blind. what do you disagree with? :

1. i488 is a twat because he asked for a refund despite the fact it was not OPs fault.
2. OP shouldn't be blamed since the board was broken because i488 and his proxy chose a cheap and crappy delivery service and/or i488s proxy did not package the keyboard correctly

OH! I thought that you meant that the OP was at fault for choosing an awful shipping service. I agree with you in that case.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline YongJK

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 08:31:20 »
I am afraid to tell that the packaging is not safe at all.
At least, it does not work in China at all.
All the courier packages in China are handled roughly, as bad as you could imagine.

From my multiple experience of purchasing mechanical keyboards from China,
the seller will pack firstly with bubble wraps. A few rounds of wrap.
Later on two sheets of thick, soft-type Styrofoam to place on top and bottom.
finally the package will only put into a firm box.

Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue