Author Topic: Mice similar to DeathAdder's size  (Read 5332 times)

Offline vasouv

Mice similar to DeathAdder's size
« on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:49:05 »
Hello ladies and gentlemen! My 2-2,5 years old Razer DeathAdder is derping up quite a lot lately and I'm thinking of getting a new mouse. Perhaps the people with large collections of mice can help me with this...

I don't necessarily have to get a gaming mouse this time also, I hardly ever use features like acceleration, dpi etc. Plus, they're quite expensive. BUT I really like the size of the DeathAdder, it fits my palm perfectly and it's a joy to use.

I'm giving you links to some mice I got my eyes on, they're in the price range I've set but if you could say whether they're similar size to the DeathAdder, I'd be a happy dude :) Yeah I know, it's crazy to expect from people to know the exact measures of all the mice around; I've seen some photos though with people having many mice, someone might know :P

Logitech M500
Razer Abyssus
Logitech G300

Offline Biased opinion

Re: Mice similar to DeathAdder's size
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 08:01:44 »
Seeing as the death adder 2013 is the current model you could try and pick up a 3.5g or black edition death adder for cheap on eBay. There are also steel series mice that are worth looking at.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 08:41:40 »
See if you can get a MS IME 3.0, it's almost the exact same shape as the DA and should be quite a bit cheaper.
You could also try finding an old DA or DA Black used or on sale.

Of the ones you've listed only the M500 is really close to the DA, the G300 and Abyssus are ambitextrous and, at least the Abyssus, quite a bit smaller. The G300 might be similar size, I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was smaller than the DA.

edit:
you could also click the link in my sig and see if any of the info there is any help

Offline Emospence

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 21:53:54 »
Just received my EC1 eVo. Liking it a lot.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline vasouv

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 02:26:33 »
Well, in an act of total impatience and impulsiveness I got the M500. "Meeeeeh" is what I think about it, feels a lot cheaper than my DA (well it should be, DA's about 60euro when the M500 about 25). It is of similar size though and to be honest the M500 might be a little better on my hand 'cause of the tilt it has.

BUT it turns out my DA is fine (I thought it derped but it was some program's settings) and I didn't need to get the M500 after all. Sucks to be me. I guess I'll be using it on my laptop and keep my Roccat Lua (which I got specifically for my laptop for mobility since it's smaller) when I'm out of the house...

Man I REALLY hate these random impulsive purchases of mine...

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 05:18:59 »
Well, in an act of total impatience and impulsiveness I got the M500. "Meeeeeh" is what I think about it, feels a lot cheaper than my DA (well it should be, DA's about 60euro when the M500 about 25). It is of similar size though and to be honest the M500 might be a little better on my hand 'cause of the tilt it has.

BUT it turns out my DA is fine (I thought it derped but it was some program's settings) and I didn't need to get the M500 after all. Sucks to be me. I guess I'll be using it on my laptop and keep my Roccat Lua (which I got specifically for my laptop for mobility since it's smaller) when I'm out of the house...

Man I REALLY hate these random impulsive purchases of mine...

I feel you man. A sizeable part of my collection were impulse purchases.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 07:25:27 »
I feel you man. A sizeable part of my collection were impulse purchases.

Yes, purchases without thought or patience.  Just following the capitalistic dream of trying to own everything within my life time  :thumb: .

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:11:59 »
I think I'm in the same market as you. Love the DeathAdder, but every now and then the scroll wheel gets wonky/jumpy. Had another where one of the side buttons completely stopped responding. That same one stopped working one day when one of the caps inside fell off from a cold solder joint, from the factory.

For its price I feel like it should last...forever, and not have weird quality control issues like caps falling off, but I guess not.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:19:14 »
You can try the Roccat Kone XTD ;)

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 22:58:58 »
You can try the Roccat Kone XTD ;)

Looks cool but the back/forward buttons on the side don't look as easily hittable as on the DA. And don't really need all those other extra buttons (or do I?) I don't game much.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 03:59:39 »
I think I'm in the same market as you. Love the DeathAdder, but every now and then the scroll wheel gets wonky/jumpy. Had another where one of the side buttons completely stopped responding. That same one stopped working one day when one of the caps inside fell off from a cold solder joint, from the factory.

For its price I feel like it should last...forever, and not have weird quality control issues like caps falling off, but I guess not.

Wait and see how the new CM mouse turns out, it's based off of the IME 3.0 which is the same mouse the DA is based on.

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:22:32 »

Wait and see how the new CM mouse turns out, it's based off of the IME 3.0 which is the same mouse the DA is based on.

Nice, is there a name for it that I should be looking for?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:25:05 »

No name has been revealed, but you'll see it mentioned in this subforum once it's out, I can tell you that much.

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:25:47 »

No name has been revealed, but you'll see it mentioned in this subforum once it's out, I can tell you that much.

Gotcha, thanks!