Author Topic: [IC] detachable cable for USB passthrough NO daughter board.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
[IC] detachable cable for USB passthrough NO daughter board.
« on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 06:31:57 »
Would anyone be interested in a kit that would include all parts (excluding soldering equipment and consumables) but build their own cable in a similar style to the one I have built for my Brushed Behemoth project that would give USB passthrough to the keyboard without the use for any sort of daughter board?  Basically what it would boil down to is a USB cord as a core, receptacles, PCI card with connectors to hook into motherboard headers, different connectors with either 8 pins for a single USB port, or 12 pins for dual usb ports, wire, music wire for sleeving the individual wires, and a website link with very good instructions including variations for different color patterns.  The extra wires can also be used for headphone/mic I/O, HDD activity LED, or hardwired power and reset switches.

Questions comments suggestions?

Melvang
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich