Author Topic: Want to get a FC660M  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
Want to get a FC660M
« on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:07:36 »
I'm gonna buy a FC660M from Qtan with clears, but I dont like the cherry stabilisers they come with.

There was a mod on Deskthority about cutting the stems from the stabilizer inserts, but Is it possible to do that mod on a plate mount without desoldering all of the switches?

Will the cherry stabilisers have as big of an effect on clears where I wont be bottoming out as much? Since I use the Ducky Shine 3 YOTS with blues and they feel really horrible :(

Thanks in advance.

Offline szymonduzyk

Re: Want to get a FC660M
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:20:41 »
What kind of stabilizers FC600M use?

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:26:46 »
What kind of stabilizers FC600M use?

Cherry, as stated in the post

Offline SNF

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:50:15 »
not a big fan of the cherry stabilizers either, hopefully someone can give you a guide to mod it  :thumb:

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:00:42 »
Can someone confirm the fact that you can take out the cherry stabilisers on a plate mount by pulling on the little retention clip, and then safely reinsert it?

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:23:32 »
Have you ever used Cherry stabs? They arent nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be...at all. Plus its alot easier to switch out key caps, and you dont have to grease them up. I wouldnt let that deter you, unless you have actually used Cherry stabs and noticed something you honestly dont like. In fact, Im touching a Cherry and a Costar stabilizer right at this moment....no big deal.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:26:27 by zoolzoo »
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:07:26 »
I'm typing on a FC660M with clears right now. I don't really see how it feels any different from keyboards I've tried with Costar stabilizers.

Are you talking about this video/post? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34759.0

From reading the comments on that post it seems that you must desolder it first.

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 03:55:31 »
Have you ever used Cherry stabs? They arent nearly as bad as everyone makes them out to be...at all. Plus its alot easier to switch out key caps, and you dont have to grease them up. I wouldnt let that deter you, unless you have actually used Cherry stabs and noticed something you honestly dont like. In fact, Im touching a Cherry and a Costar stabilizer right at this moment....no big deal.

I obviously have typed on cherry Stabs if I made this post. I have a ducky shine 3 with the stabs, and they feel absolutely horrible. It's just personal preference, I'm asking if I can take off the stabs using the little retention clip to do the mod.

Also, I'm gonna spend 99% of my time typing, not switching out large keys.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2013, 03:58:02 by Aliwia »

Offline Aliwia

• WTB Cuprubber
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 03:59:03 »
I'm typing on a FC660M with clears right now. I don't really see how it feels any different from keyboards I've tried with Costar stabilizers.

Are you talking about this video/post? http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34759.0

From reading the comments on that post it seems that you must desolder it first.

That's what I fear. I want to know of I can take them out with the retention clip without desoldering ALL of the switches.