Author Topic: recommend me a tv for gaming  (Read 1286 times)

Offline gameaholic

recommend me a tv for gaming
« on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 17:35:59 »
I am in the market for a tv.  I will eventually get a PS4 and like my first persion shooters.  Right now I am considering the LG 47LA6200.  I am really interested in the LG brand because of the passive 3D and Dual Play.  I am looking at the 47 inch because it is for a bedroom (I had a 52 inch in my bedroom before and along with my pc the heat was too much), it's cheaper than a 55 inch, and I read somewhere that the pixel density on a 47 inch is better than a 55 inch and therefore results in a sharper picture.  I have also read that the input lag on this tv in game mode is acceptable.  Does anyone have any experience with this TV or other LG models?  Is there another tv I should be considering?  Should I spend a little more and get a 55 inch?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: recommend me a tv for gaming
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:47:18 »
A good 30 something inch computer monitor would be a better buy because it will be able to display the much higher resolutions that the next gen systems will be capable of. If it's size you're after, then I don't really know much about televisions, sorry.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: recommend me a tv for gaming
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 18:17:15 »
We have the SONY Bravia 46" from like 6 Years ago and it works amazing for PS3 and 360!