Author Topic: Question for a newbie  (Read 1332 times)

Offline reggalicious

Question for a newbie
« on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 17:19:04 »
I got my first mechanical keyboard about 8 months ago, I'm totally hooked.

Right now I have a custom WASD with blues, and a newly acquired DAS Ultimate with blues as well, but I'm looking to try something a little more unconventional.  To help lessen the blow to the wallet, I thought I'd look to using the classifieds here.  A while ago I found an old Focus 2000 (AT connector, white ALPS) at the thrift store for a dollar.  I bought it, took it home and gave it some love, it is 100% functional.  I have no idea what a fair asking price of this thing would be, or if it's even worth anything, so I figured I'd try my first post.

Here is the imgur album for pictures.  I forgot to include one with the keys all back on.

http://imgur.com/a/ypodV

Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Linkbane

Re: Question for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:29:31 »
Probably not too much. Someone accepted my offer for $30 of a Focus, which was in unused condition.
I think the main reason that people get them is to look for the Complicated Blues/Whites. Yours actually might have them, as there aren't any windows keys.
If they are complicated, I know they would cost more, but I still don't know the price.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:43:13 »
My Focus has simplified white Alps.  I bought it for $35 new in box.  $1 is definitely a good get for that nice old clicky keyboard.  It's not going to make you rich, though

Offline reggalicious

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 19:12:45 »
Probably not too much. Someone accepted my offer for $30 of a Focus, which was in unused condition.
I think the main reason that people get them is to look for the Complicated Blues/Whites. Yours actually might have them, as there aren't any windows keys.
If they are complicated, I know they would cost more, but I still don't know the price.

Still new to this, how do I tell if the ALPS switches complicated or not?

Thanks for the reply!