Author Topic: IBM Model AT F (was $95 shipped) :P  (Read 2083 times)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2013, 21:10:53 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: IBM Model AT F ($95 shipped)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:50:51 »
Wow, was gonna BIN and someone ruined it by bidding...

WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS IT??? :))
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:51:29 »

Sorry...
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:52:06 »
^smh
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:52:20 »

Sorry...

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:52:34 »

Sorry...

Lolz, that's too funny... probably for the best as I would have regretted making such an impulsive purchase.

Let the bidding wars commence...
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:55:00 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:56:34 »
Sorry I put down $12.65 to get the party starting

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:57:48 »
I must have this.

Logic shall prevail.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:27:13 »
As an ebay seller, I must say that I would love it if a knowledgeable buyer took an action that all but guaranteed me a greater profit.

However, screwing a legitimate buyer out of an opportunity to get a nice item at a very fair price is a genuinely rude and cruel thing to do.

Obviously, the bid was placed solely to short-circuit the Buy-It-Now opportunity. If the seller had actually wanted the item, he would have bought it. This is not a case where the end price is likely to be significantly below the Buy-It-Now price, and it may well be significantly higher.

Shame on you, *******!

The other reason to do Buy-It-Now at a fair price is to make a quick sale and get your money immediately. Tossing the process into auction mode ensures that the process will have to run its entire course and the seller will not see any money for a full week.

This is the reason that I will do auctions, or Buy-It-Nows, but never both at the same time.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:32:54 »
As an ebay seller, I must say that I would love it if a knowledgeable buyer took an action that all but guaranteed me a greater profit.

However, screwing a legitimate buyer out of an opportunity to get a nice item at a very fair price is a genuinely rude and cruel thing to do.

Obviously, the bid was placed solely to short-circuit the Buy-It-Now opportunity. If the seller had actually wanted the item, he would have bought it. This is not a case where the end price is likely to be significantly below the Buy-It-Now price, and it may well be significantly higher.

Shame on you, *******!

The other reason to do Buy-It-Now at a fair price is to make a quick sale and get your money immediately. Tossing the process into auction mode ensures that the process will have to run its entire course and the seller will not see any money for a full week.

This is the reason that I will do auctions, or Buy-It-Nows, but never both at the same time.

Didn't know that if you Bid on a BIN Auction, then it permanently goes into auction. Thought that the BIN is always there until the Auction price goes over the BIN price

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:36:06 »

Shame on you, *******!

Didn't know that if you Bid on a BIN Auction, then it permanently goes into auction. Thought that the BIN is always there until the Auction price goes over the BIN price

Take it you don't eBay much...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:39:21 »
Buy-It-Now evaporates as soon as any legitimate bid comes in.

If you are willing to pay $75, then put in a snipe at $75. At the end of the auction period, if the current bid is $50, you will win at $51. If the current bid is $76, they will win it at $76. If there are no other bids, you will win at $0.99.

But don't deprive the seller of the opportunity to receive $95 tonight and have everybody be happy.
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:43:55 »

Shame on you, *******!

Take it you don't eBay much...

I used to sell a ton on ebay, and bid a little bit. But when I sold, I never did auction+BIN because it cost more, and doing just a BIN would suffice as the period of time was longer and won't expire as quickly

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:53:04 »
This isn't directed at you Pac, rather everyone who uses eBay. PLEASE READ THIS

How to Search and Save on Ebay and maybe win

There would be a lot less confusion here if everyone read this before bidding.  :thumb:
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 21:14:27 »
This isn't directed at you Pac, rather everyone who uses eBay. PLEASE READ THIS

How to Search and Save on Ebay and maybe win

There would be a lot less confusion here if everyone read this before bidding.  :thumb:

That's on my list of things to read

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: IBM Model AT F (was $95 shipped) :P
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:25:07 »
I wasn't too upset about this thing yesterday, but now I'm beginning to get frustrated...

Could have had myself an AT Model F (which I have wanted for several years now) at a reasonable price, and it could have been shipped by Saturday, and could have gotten it next week, written a nice Model F review, expressing my sudden desire to buy more Model F's... 

But no. I guess I'm not supposed to have nice things...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:46:21 »
I wasn't too upset about this thing yesterday, but now I'm beginning to get frustrated...

Could have had myself an AT Model F (which I have wanted for several years now) at a reasonable price, and it could have been shipped by Saturday, and could have gotten it next week, written a nice Model F review, expressing my sudden desire to buy more Model F's... 

But no. I guess I'm not supposed to have nice things...

Yep.  There is zero flipping reason to lowball a BIN/auction listing (at least not until the last day of the auction) except to make buying it more difficult for everyone involved.  If the seller wouldn't have been happy with the BIN price they wouldn't have listed it as such.

As it is, the listing is now right back at the BIN price.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:48:35 »

Yep, somebody is going to pay $20-50 more than they would have if they had just bought the damn thing outright. And wait an extra week to get it.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:50:30 »
At least the seller will be happy...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 17:51:14 »
totally forgot I posted here. I wasn't the one that bid on it just so you know P:
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell