Author Topic: New Pink Vortex Double Shot PBT With Inverse Color Mod *Added More Colors*  (Read 40696 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: New Pink Vortex Double Shot PBT With Inverse Color Mod *Added More Colors*
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 07:02:51 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=773

Rowdy is having trouble breathing ...

hhhngnhnghgnghggn

It's a shame about some of their wonky legends.

Aren't they better than the italic font?

Ugh. Teh price and out of stock. They do look nice though.

They should be in stock early this coming week.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 07:23:03 »
Hmm. $30 postage on them. As nice as they are, I am not sure I could even justify that any more  :p :p
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 08:47:02 »
They look neat, but I don't think the price is really that tempting for now :P
;)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 10:28:57 »
the more people who say this the better. I'm sure they could sell in the 30s if they wanted to; it's just a question of whether they want to recoup their tooling costs faster or slower.

With that nicer font, they can afford to take longer to recoup costs, because their keycaps will be in demand for a while. No more crappy font reminiscent of Deck's Disasters.

Hell, I'll happily buy 3 or 4 sets if they were priced like the last time round. So I am also waiting.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 12:36:33 »

It's a shame about some of their wonky legends.

Aren't they better than the italic font?

Better, but still stupid looking, IMO.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 12:39:18 »
At this price, I'd rather get Ivan's dyesub caps than these ones. The legends are a bit weird but not too bad. Cherry legends would be best, and at Ivan's pricing, the chery legend cherry profile pbt dyesub is better. Only problem is dyesub sharpness:(

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 22:40:07 »
Well I don't think it's really that expensive compare to imsto or GMK sets.  But I'm assuming since the last double shot set from Vortex cost $35 so people are expecting similar price to that.

Though I'd admit, the font is better but still not quite right.  But this is the closest at the moment to my ideal keycap so I guess I can't be too picky.  :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 22:48:26 »
Ivan's dyesub cost $75. After shipping, its only slightly over this price. But Ivan's is cherry profile+cherry legends.

But yea, everybody is used to the $33 of the italics set, so putting $74 for another legend is not to be liked

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 00:23:43 »
yup yup. exactly ;D

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 00:26:20 »
It was more like $44 for the people not participating in the GB. Check feng's eBay store for reference.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 00:32:22 »
It was more like $44 for the people not participating in the GB. Check feng's eBay store for reference.

If you liked the legends on the set it was pretty hard to miss buying it.

Feng had one run, and massdrop had two runs. Between those two people had about a month to buy them at $33.

Also if you don't buy through ebay feng gives a 10% discount or something like that

MK.com is pretty much selling their sets at large purchase cost, so its fair to say that there's a big difference

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 00:51:20 »
Special price: $39* - regular price $49. :)

Anyways, these sets have improved legends and have 2tone color schemes. The fact that they cost $30 more is nothing to cry about, in my opinion. $74 for a set of doubleshot, 2tone, thick PBT isn't bad. Can't really compare the prices to the older sets, since these are very different products.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 01:15:45 »

Anyways, these sets have improved legends and have 2tone color schemes. The fact that they cost $30 more is nothing to cry about, in my opinion. $74 for a set of doubleshot, 2tone, thick PBT isn't bad. Can't really compare the prices to the older sets, since these are very different products.

It's not bad, it's just not good. The incentive last time was the price if you ask me, so this time their only advantage is PBT, and while I love PBT, there's other PBT that can be bought elsewhere.
;)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 01:18:28 »
I don't see too many of those specific color schemes flying around (white/orange, white/red, white/blue), nor doubleshot PBT. :p The price was so low because the product was ****ty.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 02:01:01 »

They're been $39 for months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 02:54:55 »
I don't see too many of those specific color schemes flying around (white/orange, white/red, white/blue), nor doubleshot PBT. :p The price was so low because the product was ****ty.

That's true, if you want those colors, I could see that they could be considered worth it.
;)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 11:47:00 »

That's true, if you want those colors, I could see that they could be considered worth it.

^ Pretty much this, it's the ONLY blue/white PBT keycaps in existence so we can't be too picky.  :P

Oh and I think they heard our complaint, I checked the price today and it's lowered to $69 lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 12:19:28 »

The $30 seems a lot when you add on the fact postage alone is $30 to me.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 13:47:18 »
Price is down to $69 it seems.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 21:25:18 »
It's really not that bad, for example here are some keycap set you can get:

$11.50 - Tai Hao ABS Double Shot (Elton's Group Buy, $9 Full Set + $2.50 Spacebar)
$33 - Vortex PBT Double Shot Italicize Fonts (Feng's Groupbuy)
$49.50 - DSA PBT Blanks (Signature Plastics, $21 Base + $19 Mod + $9.50 Tenkey)
$50 - WASD Keyboard ABS Laser Etched
$51 - Ducky Thin PBT Laser Etched
$55 - Imsto Cherry Thick PBT Blank (Groupbuy)
$69 - Vortex PBT Double Shot Bi-Color Version
$75 - Imsto Cherry Thick PBT Dyesub (Groupbuy)
$78 - DCS ABS Double Shot (Signature Plastic, $60 Base + $18 Tenkey)
$85 - BSP PBT Blank (Only 85 Key, No Spacebar, Originative)
$100 - Cherry ABS Double Shot (Originative)
$105 - Raindrop ABS Double Shot (Signature Plastic, $90 Base + $25 Tenkey)
$120 - GMK ABS Double Shot (Ivan's Groupbuy)
$130 - BSP PBT Dyesub (Only 85 Key, No Spacebar, Originative)

It only feel expensive if you compare this to the first Vortex Double Shot PBT set.  But then again that's cheaper than EVERYTHING else except Tai Hao so it's kind of unfair to compare to that.

If you just take it for what it is, for a Double Shot PBT I think it's good price.

:)

EDIT:  Fixed BSP PBT price.  Thanks Photoelectric.  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 14:03:31 by Hyde »

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 23:19:40 »

$11.50 - Tai Hao ABS Double Shot (Elton's Group Buy, $9 Full Set + $2.50 Spacebar)
$69 - Vortex PBT Double Shot
$85 - BSP PBT Dyesub (Only 85 Key, No Spacebar, Originative)

It only feel expensive if you compare this to the first Vortex Double Shot PBT set.  But then again that's cheaper than EVERYTHING else except Tai Hao so it's kind of unfair to compare to that.

If you just take it for what it is, for a Double Shot PBT I think it's good price.

This is a really interesting list! It would be cool to be elaborated on :P
;)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 23:25:01 »
The list is mostly for sets without shipping included.  For example, IMSTO's thick PBT in a group buy is actually $75 + $2 group buy fee + ~$5 shipping within the U.S. + paypal fees, which is like ~$85 shipped, roughly.

The Vortex PBT Doubleshots are $69 shipped with all fees included.  So really, assuming ~$5 shipping in a small priority mail box using an average estimation, it's ~$62 before shipping and PayPal fees.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 March 2014, 23:27:11 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tbc

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 05:14:17 »

$69 - Vortex PBT Double Shot
$85 - BSP PBT Dyesub (Only 85 Key, No Spacebar, Originative)

well, we didnlt say it was the ONLY set that was overpriced.  :p

but ya, it's interesting seeing it in a list like that.  you have to add the time and money savings from merging two sets as well
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 12:34:33 »
One more thing for that list: the BSP PBT is only $85 for the blank set.  Dye sub sets are $130.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Hyde

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 14:02:36 »
Fixed !  :D

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 01:15:31 »
It's really not bad. I'd traded my 2 set of italics for a set of these.
That got me thinking, if they were to spend $$$$ for the mold, why not iron out all the kinks before rushing to market? I'm sure all of you would have pointed out the obvious/easy to fix issues if they asked for feedbacks in the IC sub forum.

QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 01:31:05 »
That last pic is the best. F row profile!!!

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 13:35:30 »

QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:29:10 »
Those look amazing!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 15:30:32 »
How well do they fit on the stems, any tightness or loose caps?

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 23:04:28 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 00:24:56 »
Those look amazing!

+1

Better than my ghetto white/blue mix.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 00:33:32 »
How well do you find the new R5 work in practice?

From the picture it looks like it's a lot taller than R4, does it stick out too much from the board?

Otherwise yes those look awesome.  :thumb:

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 01:56:54 »
whoa these are dope. Might have to grab some. Don't love the centered legends but I can deal with it.

Offline Txduck

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 04:07:25 »
Much Excite! (but hoping they could be found for less $$$).
Profile looks to be "OEM".

Are these caps for Cherry MX switches? And are they regular caps  or for backlit?

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 04:27:04 »

Are these caps for Cherry MX switches? And are they regular caps  or for backlit?
They are keycaps for Cherry MX switches and the legends (writing) on them are not clear for backlit keyboards, so your experience with how much light comes through may be not impressive.

Offline Txduck

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 04:41:49 »

They are keycaps for Cherry MX switches and the legends (writing) on them are not clear for backlit keyboards, so your experience with how much light comes through may be not impressive.

Actually that's what I was looking for, cherry switches and no backlit. Thanks MissMurd!
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 March 2014, 04:43:36 by Txduck »

Offline jebbs

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 06:06:24 »
Hopefully these get released soon, I really want in on that black set.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 06:30:17 »
mechanicalkeyboards.com has them in stock now.
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?pg=2&l=product_list&c=40

Offline jebbs

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 20:47:20 »

When did they come in? Last time I checked their site there was no ETA on them?

Well anyways, thanks for letting me know!  :)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 20:50:26 »
Anybody got a review of these?

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:10:32 »

When did they come in? Last time I checked their site there was no ETA on them?

Well anyways, thanks for letting me know!  :)

The other day. There's a thread in the mechanicalkeyboards.com subforum about them.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:12:33 »
Oh **** I kinda want the blue and pink sets... the right aligned font is kinda irritating though. Might just be the pictures?
I love Elzy

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:18:06 »
Is it to the right? Hard to tell. Looks centered to me. Maybe a hair to the right.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:19:35 »
Naw I swear it's off centered to the right and it's bothering me :P

Either way I'm not a fan of the legends :( maybe in the future if they fix it I'll consider picking up the sets I want.
I love Elzy

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:25:03 »
It looks like a cheap cherry knock off to me. It's fairly similar. I don't mind them personally. Debating pulling the trigger on a set.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:25:24 »
Yup, it's definitely slightly off center and to the right. There are other issues with the legends too, like the Alt, Win, Control and just all kinds of weird things with the alignment.

Offline IAmTheGuy

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 01:48:10 »
Woah those look spectacular.

Offline Txduck

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 19:40:11 »
I have a set of the blacks coming, should be here in 2 or 3 days.
I've looked at those photos and I don't see anything that looks off center. I think they look great, but I'll know for sure in a few days when my order comes in. I can't hardly wait, I think these are going to be some great keycaps. Well, I hope so anyway!  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 March 2014, 19:45:12 by Txduck »