Author Topic: HHKB Wrist Rest Bird Electron by PFU  (Read 4010 times)

Offline sleepy916

HHKB Wrist Rest Bird Electron by PFU
« on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:42:47 »
I've been wanting to buy one from Amazon.jp but I have never bought anything from there. I know you have to register separately from the regular Amazon. I take it my prime would not be usable either.

Anybody have the red leather version? The black looks nice but so does the red.

Link

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: HHKB Wrist Rest Bird Electron by PFU
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:50:13 »
Sent you a PM ^_^

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 23:54:36 »
I've been wanting to buy one from Amazon.jp but I have never bought anything from there. I know you have to register separately from the regular Amazon. I take it my prime would not be usable either.

Anybody have the red leather version? The black looks nice but so does the red.

Link

Nice.  I want a wood color one.  How would I order?  Would I need a proxy?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 01:09:12 »
Looks amazing

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline mattics

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:03:02 »
That looks very very nice. My friends brother can read/write and mostly speak Japanese, I might get him to help me look into purchasing from Amazon JP, Chrome's valiant attempt at translation leaves me feeling I might be missing the point in most instances  :))

But the real reason for posting being that my tired morning eyes thought the title said 'Bird Erection' and I was intrigued...

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:11:42 »
Just tried to buy the red one but they would not ship to my address. Would need a proxy to get a hold of one of these.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:16:58 »
Just tried to buy the red one but they would not ship to my address. Would need a proxy to get a hold of one of these.

Where do you live?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:21:50 »

Where do you live?

California, East Bay.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:44:18 »

Where do you live?

California, East Bay.

Me too.  Maybe we can use the same proxy to save on shipping.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 08:53:45 »
OP check out tenso I have seen them mentioned as a good proxy for amazon.jp

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 17:52:12 »

Thanks Spamray, checking it out now.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 18:40:26 »

I definitely also agree there. I even recall rakuten.co.jp also recommending (I believe) tenso.com as forwarder. There is also a pretty good guide into buying stuff from say for instance from amazon.co.jp on reddit and getting it shipped internationally: http://en.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/18387i/guide_bought_my_hhkb_pro_2_from_amazoncojp/
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 02:47:23 »

I definitely also agree there. I even recall rakuten.co.jp also recommending (I believe) tenso.com as forwarder. There is also a pretty good guide into buying stuff from say for instance from amazon.co.jp on reddit and getting it shipped internationally: http://en.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/18387i/guide_bought_my_hhkb_pro_2_from_amazoncojp/

This new knowledge you posted is very bad for my wallet.  I can only imagine what kind of goodies I might find on amazon.co.jp like this wrist rest.  At least before I was restricted to what I could find in english.  Then again the reddit post says the guy saved a little bit by buying direct.     

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 23:59:48 »

This new knowledge you posted is very bad for my wallet.  I can only imagine what kind of goodies I might find on amazon.co.jp like this wrist rest.  At least before I was restricted to what I could find in english.  Then again the reddit post says the guy saved a little bit by buying direct.   

The idea of being wallet hacked always remains true haha. Even to me I find it a little hard to restrain my wallet, everytime I look at something that I really like I stare at my poor wallet whom is probably thinking,"No, not this again!".

Saving a bit is sometimes better than not saving at all imo. Also the thought of buying stuff directly without any sort of stupid restrictions the sellers may impose really allows one to enjoy it all. This is probably also why proxies/forwarders enjoy the benefits of having more international sellers to fulfil whatever they need from places where they simply won't post it internationally. Just as Japan has forwarders so does U.S. I've seen a fair few ebay listings where the seller wants to keep the item within U.S. though really they're just limiting their horizons like every other sellers who ships within the same country. I'm sure virtually every other countries have proxies/forwarders elsewhere, they are all a matter of just finding it out.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。