Author Topic: Tinkering and Personalization vs Stock  (Read 751 times)

Offline Hellmark

Tinkering and Personalization vs Stock
« on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 12:36:40 »
Continuing a thread from [WTS/T] SSk Fully bolt Modded in the classifieds, since we started taking things off topic.

Berserkfan, I totally understand what you mean. There definitely is something to say about finely made things. Still, in some cases, it seems like the guys with the Hondas and Toyotas (or QFRs) will put more money into their stuff than if they would buy something high end.

For me, I've always been a bit more about the performance, and preferred a more sedate look. That is why I am happy how my silver label is. It performs great, and isn't flashy. Plans I have for other keyboards fall into the same category. My XT will be stock looking, just upgraded to USB. Somewhere down the line I want to ANSI convert one too, but that isn't something the laypeople would notice as being different.

And starting off cheap is great too. I enjoy to tinker with things, and the satisfaction of a job well done, and buying it not already modded helps with that. I'm in the same boat with you, where I'd like more of a kit for the SSK revivals.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 12:38:13 by Hellmark »