Author Topic: How to make POM space bar fit?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline kitykat

How to make POM space bar fit?
« on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:38:22 »
So , I have this set of rainbow POM keycaps and all except the space bar works :/
I pressed it down and it just won't pops back up. I think its too tight or something.
Any idea how to make it works? I'd really love to use it  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: How to make POM space bar fit?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:09:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Is it straight?  I.e. if you put it on a flat surface (the space bar) does it sit completely flat?

What stabilisers have you got - Cherry or Costar?

What keyboard is it?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kitykat

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:43:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Is it straight?  I.e. if you put it on a flat surface (the space bar) does it sit completely flat?

What stabilisers have you got - Cherry or Costar?

What keyboard is it?

Yes , its straight.

Cherry

Ducky Shine 1

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 21:45:31 »

Yes , its straight.

Cherry

Ducky Shine 1

the spacebar itself may be straight, but the actual stems aren't, I had this same problem with cherry stabs and a backspace. The stems "push" the cherry stabs into their housing and don't let it pop back up. Your best bet would be to either try to straighten out the stems (carefully ofc, you don't want to break them), or try swapping your stabs to costar :/

Offline kitykat

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:12:44 »
How do I straighten the stems?