Author Topic: Goodwill Find  (Read 4657 times)

Offline jevvix

Goodwill Find
« on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 20:30:20 »
Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. Never used a trackball before but for $0.99 I couldn't pass it up. Works great and is really comfortable!  ;D

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: Goodwill Find
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 20:48:41 »
Very nice find! I haven't been able to find out myself, but it looks extremely comfortable. They sell for $50-$150 on eBay.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 21:14:33 »
mmmm strawberries

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 22:43:56 »
Very nice!

I picked up my Das at a Goodwill for $6.50. There are some very nice deals to be found there occasionally.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 22:48:44 »
I plan to go to goodwill tomorrow afternoon.

Going to bring along a keycap puller

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 23:01:19 »

Going to bring along a keycap puller

I keep one in the glove box just for that.  I hit up 4 different thrift shops in my area every Friday.  So far nothing.  One of them had a Model M, but would only sell it in a bundle with an old 486 computer that was way over priced ($200).
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline jevvix

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 07:06:38 »
Very nice find! I haven't been able to find out myself, but it looks extremely comfortable. They sell for $50-$150 on eBay.
Holy cow :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 11:30:16 »

Maybe it goes by region, but Goodwill stores in the Atlanta area do not sell computer gear. A manager told me that they had been pressured by "real" computer stores not to compete.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 12:01:16 »
Around here, there's basically nothing left that's a "used computer shop".  There are a couple places that will apparently buy big lots of surplus .gov and .edu P4 machines, install bootleg WinXP, and sell them for 99 dollars for people who just need a throwaway PC, but nothing like in the old days of "I need a motherboard, here are the used 386 ones, 486 ones, and Socket 7 ones"

I'd heard many charity shops got spooked on selling computers after some got hassled by the BSA because they couldn't account for the software on the machines.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 12:59:07 »
Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. Never used a trackball before but for $0.99 I couldn't pass it up. Works great and is really comfortable!  ;D
Show Image

Does the red button work for you?

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 19:22:57 »
 :thumb:  Nice find. Whenever I venture into thrift stores, I never find anything.

I've never used a trackball, but have always wondered how I would like it. Maybe time to scope out some auctions.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 07:20:50 »
Whenever I venture into thrift stores, I never find anything.

95% of the time, you won't. If you pass by while driving, it is sometimes worthwhile to pop in and take a quick stroll through it.

Occasionally, you will spot something cool, but don't allow yourself to be disappointed if you come up empty-handed.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 07:22:10 »
I got a Dell AT101W from my Goodwill for $1.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 07:24:20 »
I got a Dell AT101W from my Goodwill for $1.

Nice! I've got one that's been sitting in the box for a few months waiting on me to do something with it.

Offline jevvix

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 07:06:09 »
Show Image

It currently doesn't do anything that I know of. I've read you need drivers to get it to function.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:46:06 »
Show Image

It currently doesn't do anything that I know of. I've read you need drivers to get it to function.

Mine doesn't even send any code if I use it with an USB adapter...