Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2725836 times)

Offline xJudas

Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #14850 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 17:16:30 »
This is the first Brosale I've participated in. If I didn't receive an email, I didn't "win" a brocap?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #14851 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 17:18:01 »
This is the first Brosale I've participated in. If I didn't receive an email, I didn't "win" a brocap?
If you want to be sure check your tickets at CTRLALT.IO
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14852 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 17:20:06 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #14853 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:30:17 »
So many raffles, so many email sales, so many failed attempts, but today... Today was a wonderful day.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14854 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:32:30 »
So many raffles, so many email sales, so many failed attempts, but today... Today was a wonderful day.

Show Image

"You've won 4 bros! What happens next?" Uh, go make the losers cry  duh :P

congrats son, you're a big boy now!

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #14855 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:36:31 »
After one year of trying to get my hands on a V2 and never winning...I'm proud to say that I finally won a Bro Cap and it's one I would have killed for lol
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:39:07 by STARLORDCOFFEE »

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #14857 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:39:51 »
Congrats to you all!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14858 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 18:44:18 »
I'm fkn bored at work. Fix Slack pl0xxxx

Offline goblin561

• I'd rather be running
« Reply #14859 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 19:56:25 »
Sound off on who won them sexy black Reaper-N5 Nightstalker armor :D like me, so I won't feel alone

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14860 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:03:02 »
- Those that won in the 'All the Things' and the blugaloo mod gb, I will be combining your orders with these 2 recent sales (for those who entered and won)

banderas_success.gif
did you win your Pale Blue?

Can I be cheapskate and wonder out loud if we don't have to pay that expensive $15 shipping of this sale since you are combining orders, Bro?  :p :rolleyes:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14861 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:07:30 »
Congratulations to all who won, especially those getting their first Bro.

To those who didn't win - there are never enough caps for everyone, save your money, bide your time, and when the next sale comes around you will be more than ready to jump in with both feet!

Thank you BunnyLake and the team for this sale.  Now go spend time with your family, Sir Bunny.  Please :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline raymogi

« Reply #14862 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:41:42 »

- Those that won in the 'All the Things' and the blugaloo mod gb, I will be combining your orders with these 2 recent sales (for those who entered and won)

banderas_success.gif

Can I be cheapskate and wonder out loud if we don't have to pay that expensive $15 shipping of this sale since you are combining orders, Bro?  :p :rolleyes:

And in the meantime I wanna get my shipping upgraded so I don't have to wait 2 months lol.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #14863 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:45:39 »

banderas_success.gif

And in the meantime I wanna get my shipping upgraded so I don't have to wait 2 months lol.

Can I get a pony?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline btctopre

« Reply #14864 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 20:55:12 »
i didn't want to dance at the feet of the defeated, BUT YEP, YOU BET YOUR SWEET BUNS I DID  ;D

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14865 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 21:02:27 »
i didn't want to dance at the feet of the defeated, BUT YEP, YOU BET YOUR SWEET BUNS I DID  ;D

Actually lol'd. Congrats!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • KA2 touchpad on top
    • csmertx.com
« Reply #14866 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 21:05:12 »

Actually lol'd. Congrats!
grats  :thumb:
Chris Schammert

Offline brighenne

« Reply #14867 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 21:08:34 »
Sound off on who won them sexy black Reaper-N5 Nightstalker armor :D like me, so I won't feel alone

I did, I did!

First bro here.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14868 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 21:18:00 »
:eek: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: :)) :))

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #14869 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 23:30:06 »
Where's all the therapy at?!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14870 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 23:40:55 »
Where's all the therapy at?!

Show Image

So many people won, not much therapy required. I'm still QQ'ing about not winning a Gamer Set.

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #14871 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:13:25 »
Aw, that sucks about your gamer set. But IIRC, Bro said something about the gamer sets being a regularly stocked item soon, so you should be good! Hoping to pick up one gamer set in Topre when they're available.

Offline clochette

Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #14872 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:19:41 »
weird, submitted a basket for the nightstalker and gamer reaper, but basket only shows me winning the nightstalker, nothing for the gamer and reaper

I understand that the raffle was done in 2 waves, and I saw someone else mentioning that there should be a submitted for the ones that I didn't win, but I only see one winner, which is for the nightstalker
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:22:45 by clochette »

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #14873 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:20:37 »
weird, submitted a basket for the nightstalker and gamer reaper, but basket only shows me winning the nightstalker, nothing for the gamer and reaper

Then you didn't win a reaper or game set

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14874 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:32:01 »
Aw, that sucks about your gamer set. But IIRC, Bro said something about the gamer sets being a regularly stocked item soon, so you should be good! Hoping to pick up one gamer set in Topre when they're available.

Yeah, they'll be regularly stocked, but it may be a few months. I'll live. I need to rebuild my keyboard fund anyway.

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #14875 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:34:28 »

Yeah, they'll be regularly stocked, but it may be a few months. I'll live. I need to rebuild my keyboard fund anyway.

Don't we all :(

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #14876 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:37:28 »
Really wish I won the grey gamer set :( But my 1st time entering a Bro raffle and I got the CE Reaper set, THANK GOD I FINALLY WON SOMETHING! Now to design a full board around it!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14877 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:38:18 »

sell all your mx stuff, ezpz

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14878 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:47:45 »

I would, but then where would I store all my MX Bros?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14879 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 00:48:50 »

I would, but then where would I store all my MX Bros?

okay okay, one mx board.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #14880 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 03:33:26 »
so do we wait for the non payment people, to get another chance?  :):blank:

Yup,  but history suggests that bro might have a,  sorry you missed out,  sale, for those who didn't win.

From all I witnessed until today, "SYMO" sales aren't really targeted for those who lost. Simply because new entries are allowed, instead of re-raffling loser's entries. Chances of winning something at such sales are close to zero, since there are less caps available and more entries than before. With an unclear raffling method (which is something that should be clearly explained in their site), I'm sort of speculating. At least there's a chance of winning.

i normally dont weigh in on this sociopathic bull**** but ill clear a couple points up

firstly, we have run the sorry you missed out bro sales in a number of formats, including but not limited to, only poeple who entered the previous sale but didnt get in, or anyone who just didnt win anything in the last sale

we tend to prefer the latter because it allows people to have a chance who missed out on a sale because of lack of exposure to it or timing restraints

we have also made exclusive caps for sorry you missed out sales, and produced these in standard sale numbers

the entry rate for sorry you missed out bro sales is significantly lower than a standard sale, mainly because such a large number of entrants are not eligible to enter, as a result of this, even though there tends to be less caps available, chance of getting in are often comparable, if not better

as for this running commentary i should release details of how we run these raffles, that is nobodies business but ours, you are not being forced to enter, you are not being charged to enter, you are not obligated to pay should you get in

the information you need is that there are always more entrants than we can produce caps, we leave up a designated amount of time for everyone to enter who wants to enter, there is no charge to enter, and you will only be invoiced if you are selected as a winner, should you be selected you are under no obligation to pay

it is entirely up to us how we choose to sell and distribute our caps, and if you dont like how we do it, dont enter, plain and simple, but we go to great lengths to make these sales accessible to as many people as we possibly can, and the feedback we have is that our way is much more desirable than everyone trying to fire off emails to a random address and hoping that your email client is quicker than someone elses

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #14881 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 03:59:29 »
Woke up this morning to an invoice for the chill blue base kit! Totally turned my week around as i'm still salty after entering all those Yeezy raffles last week :))

Congrats to the winners. Excited to see more pics of the reapers :)
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14882 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 04:00:56 »
Maybe Bunny should put what he said above in the FAQ..

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #14883 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 04:21:01 »
Grave gray base kit IBM
Grave gray Reaper IBM
Chill blue Reaper IBM

Exactly what I was hoping for.... bring on that F77.

PS f### you therapy thread.... IM OUT!

C* :'( that's awesome, no reapers or gamer kits for me...but I got on the CE Reaphurr :)

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #14884 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 05:59:28 »
Only wanted one cap  :(

Will the Classic Reaper make his return in the future, I wonder?

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #14885 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 06:05:32 »
I think they will,  in a even crazier avatar that will make everyone want the new one  hahahaha that's bro for u :)
Realforce 87U

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14886 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 07:42:44 »
Maybe Bunny should put what he said above in the FAQ..

Nothing that bunny said has to be repeated. It's common sense. You don't like the product, don't try to buy it. You don't like the business, don't do business with them.

Yes, I know CtrlAlt is not a business, but it's the same concept. As a consumer you don't get to make demands. Deal with it or go elsewhere.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14887 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:19:25 »

Reaper Classic from what I believe won't be going anywhere anyone soon as it is a new design.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14888 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:27:38 »

Reaper Classic from what I believe won't be going anywhere anyone soon as it is a new design.

Thanks! Holding you accountable in the future.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #14889 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:54:57 »
I'd like to add that the ctrl.alt website is incredibly slick both aesthetically and functionally, which is greatly welcome in a community where most websites are really poorly put together.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #14890 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:58:21 »
I'd like to add that the ctrl.alt website is incredibly slick both aesthetically and functionally, which is greatly welcome in a community where most websites are really poorly put together.

Cody knows his ****.  :thumb:

Offline djchup

• i write code
« Reply #14891 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:08:29 »

+1, I really liked the priority sorting of items in cart.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14892 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:12:03 »

The only thing I keep forgetting is that you have to work backwards if you don't want to resort a long list later.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #14893 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:22:32 »

Let's hope so, as it's too great to be one-time deal  :thumb:
Also, I'd like another (or more) chance to get one.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14894 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:24:10 »

The only thing I keep forgetting is that you have to work backwards if you don't want to resort a long list later.

I ordered on mobile and did just this. Pick the item you want the most first, and then go from there.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14895 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:25:26 »

I ordered on mobile and did just this. Pick the item you want the most first, and then go from there.

I was on mobile at first, and when I went to my cart I forgot that everything is backward, so I went to my computer later and rearranged my list.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14896 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:43:18 »

More like Code-y amirite (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14897 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:43:43 »

I need therapy for this pun.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14898 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:46:14 »

I need therapy for this pun.

MFW reading that pun

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14899 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 09:52:57 »
Screw you guys