Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2725177 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #8800 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:33:41 »
If you're processing right click your order number at the top and open in a new tab. It will prob say "paid" in green. If so you don't need to wait any more.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #8801 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:34:46 »
Oh god. I hope I can scrape up the money for at least one of these before they all sell out, I wonder how quickly that'll be.  :eek:

Maybe if there is quite a lot, a generous soul to sell me one, once I have the money.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8802 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:37:59 »
If you're processing right click your order number at the top and open in a new tab. It will prob say "paid" in green. If so you don't need to wait any more.
Nope still processing just going to check with the bank :X

Should I be worried Bunny or should it be okay since I have the order its just the payment taking time to go through?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8803 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:38:09 »
If your order is still processing check your bank. My order was processing and not going through however my bank is showing the money being transferred so I have a good feeling that I'm in. Your order might have gone through even though the intitial page is stating its processing 8)

refresh your order, payment is through fine for me
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #8804 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:39:54 »
Oh god. I hope I can scrape up the money for at least one of these before they all sell out, I wonder how quickly that'll be.  :eek:

Maybe if there is quite a lot, a generous soul to sell me one, once I have the money.
will definitely have one up for sale for retail, both are topre, just don't know which one i'll keep, the traditional or the gold

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #8805 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:50:35 »
My order is still processing... I'm scared..   :'( :'(

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8806 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:51:45 »
My order is still processing... I'm scared..   :'( :'(
me too and its a hour + now ;~;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #8807 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:53:51 »

Don't worry. I know for sure some would be generous enough to sell one to you. I'll add you to my list as I might consider selling one or give away a bro(not Cherokey) if I manage to get all the ones I ordered.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8808 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:11:39 »
ಠ_ಠ
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8809 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:15:52 »
If your order is still processing check your bank. My order was processing and not going through however my bank is showing the money being transferred so I have a good feeling that I'm in. Your order might have gone through even though the intitial page is stating its processing 8)

yup .......8) it went through thanks so much bunny for being right on top of things (like always)  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8810 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:36:22 »

yup .......8) it went through thanks so much bunny for being right on top of things (like always)  :thumb:

Mine hasn't. I've had issues in the past.  Got three orders in on accident because I kept getting "an error has occurred".  Hopefully only one goes through, but all are stuck in processing right now.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8811 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:37:32 »

Mine hasn't. I've had issues in the past.  Got three orders in on accident because I kept getting "an error has occurred".  Hopefully only one goes through, but all are stuck in processing right now.
Mines been on processing for almost 2 and a bit hours now :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8812 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:43:25 »

Mine has been nearly 3 hours.  I got my order in at 11:09 local time.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8813 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 15:48:14 »

Mine has been nearly 3 hours.  I got my order in at 11:09 local time.
Ohh mine was 11:15 its been three hours then O.o
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Capwn

« Reply #8814 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 16:33:05 »
Paid for my Gold Cherokey!! Hyping pretty heavily right now  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8815 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:31:50 »
hey guys

im gonna have to go to bed soon, as a result of the issues, we will leave this running at least over night for people, and possibly for some time tomorrow as an extension, partly as an apology and also to allow me some time to take care of as many people having issues as is possible

thanks to everyone for the support shown to both [CTRL]ALT and Bro Caps work in general, anyone who i havent replied to yet, im gonna try and do as much as possible before i sleep now, but if i dont get to you, i will in the morning

ive also been playing with the new ctrl alt site behind closed doors today, and we have some big announcements coming soon involving both that and bro caps, and making sure its a smoother experience for everyone in the future

thank you once again

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #8816 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:41:24 »
Goodnight Bunny. Thanks for all your hard work. Same to you, Bro. :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8817 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:46:03 »
Goodnight Bunny. Thanks for all your hard work. Same to you, Bro. :)
hey Adam I'm really glad to see you post here more often as I am a big fan of your pics and you have a great eye for color!!!! Keep em coming  :))
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8818 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:56:27 »
5 hours late and yet I was able to get one order in. Just one key this time. Thank you Bro and Bunny!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #8819 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 18:58:48 »
5 hours late and yet I was able to get one order in. Just one key this time. Thank you Bro and Bunny!

Same here. I run like a mad man to my computer when I found out.

Ordered all of them in Topre. Was going to get MX too but I'd rather keep that spare bullet for something else.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8820 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:08:12 »

hey guys

im gonna have to go to bed soon, as a result of the issues, we will leave this running at least over night for people, and possibly for some time tomorrow as an extension, partly as an apology and also to allow me some time to take care of as many people having issues as is possible

thanks to everyone for the support shown to both [CTRL]ALT and Bro Caps work in general, anyone who i havent replied to yet, im gonna try and do as much as possible before i sleep now, but if i dont get to you, i will in the morning

ive also been playing with the new ctrl alt site behind closed doors today, and we have some big announcements coming soon involving both that and bro caps, and making sure its a smoother experience for everyone in the future

thank you once again

Appreciate all the hard work you do, Bunny and the CtrlAlt team. You guys are easily the best out there and you still manage to find ways to make CtrlAlt even better. We're lucky to have you!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8821 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 19:42:04 »
I wonder if perhaps this is the best way to do sales? Built to order - more time for people to think what they want; more keys for people wanting them thus less speculation and flipping as those who are willing to pay after market prices will get their keys already. Less trading and time spend in trading.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #8822 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 23:51:34 »
I wonder if perhaps this is the best way to do sales? Built to order - more time for people to think what they want; more keys for people wanting them thus less speculation and flipping as those who are willing to pay after market prices will get their keys already. Less trading and time spend in trading.

I agree - I'm 100% down for future sales to be like this.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8823 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 08:02:27 »
12Hours plus and counting

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline raymogi

« Reply #8824 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 08:13:53 »
Try clicking on your order number at the top. Mine stayed on processing for a while, then I got a confirmation email.

Clicked the order number and it says paid after that.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #8825 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:01:00 »

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?

Try emailing from the ctrlalt.io. I had the same issue yesterday. I was told to just retry the order/try a whole new order. It worked well. Although I would advise sending the email first to confirm the same advise.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8826 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:09:58 »

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?

Try emailing from the ctrlalt.io. I had the same issue yesterday. I was told to just retry the order/try a whole new order. It worked well. Although I would advise sending the email first to confirm the same advise.

I've emailed then and PMed bunny, mines still stuck on processing.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8827 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:17:20 »

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?

Bunny ended up pming me and I paid via paypal just gotta keep a eye out incase they stripe payment actually goes through though
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8828 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:22:35 »

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?

Bunny ended up pming me and I paid via paypal just gotta keep a eye out incase they stripe payment actually goes through though

No PMs for me  :(

Hopefully I get one so this gets worked out.  It would suck to get in so early and not get it.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #8829 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:26:11 »

Still processing T>T

Anyone else that same?

No PMs for me  :(

Hopefully I get one so this gets worked out.  It would suck to get in so early and not get it.

Not to scare you, but I just checked the site and the traditional is not there anymore. So if you were hoping to get that cap I would confirm with ctrlalt.io the payment you made went through. :eek:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8830 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 12:29:54 »
Like I said, I've tried by email and PM.  There's nothing more I can do at this point.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8831 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 13:18:04 »
Good luck nubbs!  :'(

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #8832 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:04:24 »
I check for bro sales everyday for the past few months

I don't check for one day while im at work

I miss the brosale

I could cry :'(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8833 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:07:43 »

I miss the brosale

if you wanna get in still

ill open it back up just for you

just let me know when you are ready to place an order

and ill open up the timer again

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8834 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:10:45 »

I miss the brosale

if you wanna get in still

ill open it back up just for you

just let me know when you are ready to place an order

and ill open up the timer again
This guy
What a saint ^~^
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #8835 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:12:04 »
Dude i was filling out my credit card info and it would not let me, i was typing in my info like with 5 mins left in the sale and it kept denying me

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8836 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:13:48 »
Dude i was filling out my credit card info and it would not let me, i was typing in my info like with 5 mins left in the sale and it kept denying me

sending you a pm now

Offline Capwn

« Reply #8837 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:57:23 »
I saw a photo somewhere of the Cherokey I think it was, that had been cut in half to show it wasn't painted IIRC.. But I cant find this photo anywhere, Can anyone assist me here?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8838 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 19:58:06 »
I saw a photo somewhere of the Cherokey I think it was, that had been cut in half to show it wasn't painted IIRC.. But I cant find this photo anywhere, Can anyone assist me here?

https://twitter.com/BroCaps/status/635188111887077380

Offline Capwn

« Reply #8839 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 20:05:16 »
Thank you, I was trying to see what the stem looked like  :thumb:

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8840 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 20:10:19 »

Like I said, I've tried by email and PM.  There's nothing more I can do at this point.
I hope you got it sorted out, Nubbs!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8841 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:02:46 »

I hope you got it sorted out, Nubbs!

Looks like I did.  Had to send a Paypal gift, but I should be getting marked as paid tomorrow.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8842 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 23:57:17 »
Are all the issues down to Stripe? Why is it preferred over PayPal?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #8843 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 00:08:32 »
Our own site totally rejected me.  It's partly :'( and then some :)).  Oh, wells. 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8844 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 05:46:21 »
This belongs here rather than in the feedback thread;

As someone who collects Metal Gear Solid stuff and has done for some time now; if you collect BroCaps then the rarer BroCaps are going to be far more valuable to you than a more common BroCaps. This doesn't make you a bad person or 'toxic' (which is the new generic internet by-word for anything that could possibly be bad or doing harm in some way) it just makes you a regular run-of-the-mill collector.
There are MGS items that I pine for and want, but they are, due to there rarity, priced totally out of my range. This is, like it or not part of collecting.

When it comes to BroCaps I personally am not trying to get a full set of v1 Reapers, I also don't have the funds to throw money at acquiring them. So how can I possibly judge anyone who is after a full set and who has worked and/or studied harder than me to get a better job to have more disposable income? On top of that how can I impose my own warped sense of value and morality onto others?
The community spirit and essence of what Bro is trying to do with his work is outstanding, there are more BroCap giveaways than pretty much any other artisan out there and most are from random users! This is not something that will go away and it's something that is more than capable of co-existing with 'collectors'.

There seems to be some 'with us or against us' mentality with most things these days (be it in the press, politics what ever), it's one extreme vs another, when the reality is mostly just in the middle.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8845 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 07:58:30 »

so i hope this isnt too off topic

but ill go over some of the reasons i like stripe and why we use it

firstly, i hate paypal, because im in the UK, it offers very high fees and very poor exchange rates

these things i can look past, but sadly, the main reason i dont use paypal is because of how some users here use it, where i get a large number of chargebacks after people receive the goods, this is especially true when it comes to bro caps sales

sadly with paypal, you can either look at it as both the buyer and the seller is their customer, or jsut the buyer is, either way, i feel that they are there to protect the buyer more often than not

with stripe, i am there customer, and they are there to protect me

with stripe, everything is automated, form logging customers IPs and details etc, to tracking numbers when items are shipped etc

i have never lost a chargeback with stripe, but ive lost plenty with paypal even after giving them full tracking numbers, with packages that have been signed for, and giving them copies of shipping labels that exactly match customer details etc

i also get far less chargeback attempts via stripe, i think due in large park because they have to deal with their card issuer, rather than just click a button on paypal, and having zero repercussions should it not go through

now im making this sound like it happens all the time,  im talking along the lines of maybe 20 chargebacks in every 5k transactions, so its a very very small percentage, however with paypal, it can cause freezes. hold, and limited access to my paypal account, which often will be full of others money, for gbs and such, and im jsut not prepared to put other peoples money at risk

with bro caps, its a very interesting situation, because although i handle all the payments etc, and bro caps can confirm this, i keep zero percent of the money, as soon as the sale is over, all the money gets sent to him, so when a week, a month, or 3 months later someone tries to file a dispute, that comes to me rather than bro caps, so simply put, i feel safer using stripe

now although we said we wouldnt use paypal this sale, i did end up offering it to several users, however, i limited that to people i could trust, and where possible, gift payments, the trouble with offering both as options from the start is, almost everyone will elect to use paypal, which aside from the added risk and cost, also causes me a huge amount of work, particular on a sale this large, as stated before, i take nothing from these sales, and aside from sleeping and an hour here or there, ive been working on this solidly for the last 3 days, and that work isnt over yet

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8846 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:07:53 »

firstly, i hate paypal, because im in the UK, it offers very high fees and very poor exchange rates

these things i can look past, but sadly, the main reason i dont use paypal is because of how some users here use it, where i get a large number of chargebacks after people receive the goods, this is especially true when it comes to bro caps sales

sadly with paypal, you can either look at it as both the buyer and the seller is their customer, or jsut the buyer is, either way, i feel that they are there to protect the buyer more often than not

with stripe, everything is automated, form logging customers IPs and details etc, to tracking numbers when items are shipped etc

i have never lost a chargeback with stripe, but ive lost plenty with paypal even after giving them full tracking numbers, with packages that have been signed for, and giving them copies of shipping labels that exactly match customer details etc

i also get far less chargeback attempts via stripe, i think due in large park because they have to deal with their card issuer, rather than just click a button on paypal, and having zero repercussions should it not go through

now im making this sound like it happens all the time,  im talking along the lines of maybe 20 chargebacks in every 5k transactions, so its a very very small percentage, however with paypal, it can cause freezes. hold, and limited access to my paypal account, which often will be full of others money, for gbs and such, and im jsut not prepared to put other peoples money at risk

with bro caps, its a very interesting situation, because although i handle all the payments etc, and bro caps can confirm this, i keep zero percent of the money, as soon as the sale is over, all the money gets sent to him, so when a week, a month, or 3 months later someone tries to file a dispute, that comes to me rather than bro caps, so simply put, i feel safer using stripe

now although we said we wouldnt use paypal this sale, i did end up offering it to several users, however, i limited that to people i could trust, and where possible, gift payments, the trouble with offering both as options from the start is, almost everyone will elect to use paypal, which aside from the added risk and cost, also causes me a huge amount of work, particular on a sale this large, as stated before, i take nothing from these sales, and aside from sleeping and an hour here or there, ive been working on this solidly for the last 3 days, and that work isnt over yet

Ok cheers :)
I had no idea PayPal was such a hassle (having never run a GB or anything) and your commitment as always is mental, but knowing that its a huge help to you and/or Bro is pretty important IMO, before I just assumed Stripe was some new different version of Paypal people were using out of anger for PayPal, but it legit sounds like a really good service.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8847 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:11:45 »

I had no idea PayPal was such a hassle (having never run a GB or anything) and your commitment as always is mental, but knowing that its a huge help to you and/or Bro is pretty important IMO, before I just assumed Stripe was some new different version of Paypal people were using out of anger for PayPal, but it legit sounds like a really good service.

stripe is actually something many places will sue without you even knowing

i dont have an account like with paypal, money goes directly in to my bank but i have been using stripe now for a while and im very happy with it

although it looks like many people had issues this sale

its really a very small percentage

i can see exactly how mnay people got in without issue of course compared to those that didnt, its just obviously anyone with an issue posts about it

and of the people who had issues, very very few of those we actually because of stripe

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8848 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:23:13 »
I'm surprise to hear 20 chargebacks for every sale. That's almost $2000 of money lost because of some people not being able to work it out with Bunny or wait a little bit longer for the keys to arrive. That truly sucks and takes a lot of fun out of the GB/sales. Sorry to hear that. Stripe sounds like a great alternative then especially to a reliable and proven site like ctrlalt.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #8849 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:24:58 »
More

people being angry about paypal is why newer processing services like stripe can be competitive in a space that's been dominated by paypal for years :P the whole account freezing/withdrawal restriction thing is such a major inconvenience, so it's definitely understandable why bunny would choose to move away from paypal on this sale (where the idea was to generate 100+ orders) because just one chargeback could force him to have to deal with paypal customer service (which is ****ing awful, it's basically the same type of people that collect debt). paypal's fees are also archaically high in a time where other services operate with no/minimal fee (though i know paypal uses part of it to pay their 15k employees), so it's just another reason to avoid using them.