Author Topic: Where can i get a StormTrooper Key ?  (Read 5746 times)

Offline acidtrip69

Where can i get a StormTrooper Key ?
« on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:14:28 »
Hello. As the Title says. Where can i get a StormTrooper key ? Needs to be for cherry. I want it to be plastic, also looking for one metal one. So were can i guy one ? From the maker. I'm not sure if i want to buy from a resaller ? I might think about it if that person has a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:23:30 by acidtrip69 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Were can i get a StormTrooper Key ?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:16:20 »
Generally, the girlDC caps (the metal Stormtrooper) don't get sold for excessive amounts of money, but rather for what the person bought it for, or a lot of times for less. And you won't get one from the maker of them, I don't believe. So you should be fine buying one from another member here.

Plastic? I don't know.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:20:32 »
Hello. As the Title says. Were can i get a StormTrooper key ? Needs to be for cherry. I want it to be plastic, also looking for one metal one. So were can i guy one ? From the maker. I'm not sure if i want to buy from a resaller ? I might think about it if that person has a reasonable price.

*where

There's one for charity auction in the classified. The *mystery* maker isn't selling them currently as far as I've seen

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:24:18 »
Hello. As the Title says. Were can i get a StormTrooper key ? Needs to be for cherry. I want it to be plastic, also looking for one metal one. So were can i guy one ? From the maker. I'm not sure if i want to buy from a resaller ? I might think about it if that person has a reasonable price.

*where

There's one for charity auction in the classified. The *mystery* maker isn't selling them currently as far as I've seen
I know i saw some, and now i want to get some, but the auction starts at 75

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:26:49 »

*where

You won't get them cheap

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Where can i get a StormTrooper Key ?
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:27:19 »

*where

Then that's the price you've got to pay.

These are quite rare, expect the price to match.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:28:46 »

*where

Then that's the price you've got to pay.

These are quite rare, expect the price to match.
You think they have one in white ? Do you guys know what plastic they are made out of ?

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:37:27 »

*where

maybe you should bid on the auction.  You have stated you are only here to find sales, not to make friends.  Why would anyone help you when you have clearly stated your attitude towards this community.
-wd

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:41:44 »

*where

maybe you should bid on the auction.  You have stated you are only here to find sales, not to make friends.  Why would anyone help you when you have clearly stated your attitude towards this community.

"Help will always be given at Geekhack, for those who ask for it."

Wait my bad, it's Hogwarts. Hogwarts does that...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:42:30 »
GH is hogwarts?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:42:38 »

*where

Why are you even posting here if you have no info to give. On other threads were people asked for some info i gave the info i knew or what ever that could help them. And Yes I'm mostly looking only to find sales or keys or anything that I'm looking for. So whats your problem with that ? Its my personal life and i can do with what i want.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:43:02 »
yea you can do that just don't be a **** about it

people suggested that you bid on the auction because you want the keycap so bad but then you turn around and be a ****  and complain

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:47:01 »
Well, pacifist said it before I could.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 16:29:36 »
Is this the cap in question?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:31:15 »
Maybe the one here?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:34:38 »
Maybe the one here?

Already mentioned and the OP won't even spend the starting $75

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:44:00 »
Maybe the one here?

Its $75 for one key ! I can get a mech keyboard for that price. I would be all right if they were in the $30's. I just ordered some keys form Binge this morning ^_^ and i have some keys coming from a Taobao using a proxy.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:45:17 »
Is this the cap in question?

Show Image

What is that ? I can't even tell what it is.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 18:38:56 »
Maybe the one here?

Its $75 for one key ! I can get a mech keyboard for that price. I would be all right if they were in the $30's. I just ordered some keys form Binge this morning ^_^ and i have some keys coming from a Taobao using a proxy.

its an auction, and dustin has already raised it to $160

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 19:08:25 »
Sorry guys, but that is not a Stormtrooper key cap in the charity auction. That is an Episode 3 Clone trooper!
The Stormtrooper's helmet does not have a mohawk at the top of the helmet and the eyes/visor doesn't have a slit down the nose.
Trust me on seeing the difference. I'm a member of George Lucas' favourite Star Wars costuming club (the 501'st Legion) and I have built that kind of helmet in full size.

But I think that I have seen real Stormtrooper keycaps on this forum... so they should exist.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 19:14:36 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline ithinkimkorean

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 19:23:28 »
Sorry guys, but that is not a Stormtrooper key cap in the charity auction. That is an Episode 3 Clone trooper!
The Stormtrooper's helmet does not have a mohawk at the top of the helmet and the eyes/visor doesn't have a slit down the nose.
Trust me on seeing the difference. I'm a member of George Lucas' favourite Star Wars costuming club (the 501'st Legion) and I have built that kind of helmet in full size.

But I think that I have seen real Stormtrooper keycaps on this forum... so they should exist.

I was wondering something about that. I thought they just changed it around to not get in trouble or something.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 19:44:20 »
Maybe the one here?

Acid, I've seen you on this forum for a while now. You've been looking for some special keys like this stormtrooper or having your avatar printed on PBT.
But every single time you complain about pricing.

You want somethings special/rare/custom? Well, get ready to pay the production prices (which includes development of that particular mold) or if you are not in time, market prices...
Deal with it or stop complaining.

The stormtrooper cap in white is probably a lego helmet cut in half and connected through putty.
Otherwise there are the GirlDC caps like this one.

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:57:00 »
Maybe the one here?

Acid, I've seen you on this forum for a while now. You've been looking for some special keys like this stormtrooper or having your avatar printed on PBT.

You want somethings special/rare/custom? Well, get ready to pay the production prices (which includes development of that particular mold) or if you are not in time, market prices...

The stormtrooper cap in white is probably a lego helmet cut in half and connected through putty.
If could get a group buy for key caps with my avy in ptb in dye sub hell yeah i would pay to get that done. Oh they can't be made by SP. no SP caps. i bought two keys made by them and they are my last keys made by them aahah XD ^_^ the rest i guess i can wait till i find them for normal sell price. i can wait.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:58:31 by acidtrip69 »

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 20:58:58 »
Maybe the one here?

If could get a group buy for key caps with my avy in ptb in dye sub hell yeah i would pay to get that done. Oh they can't be made by SP. no SP caps. i bought two keys made by them and they are my last keys made by them aahah XD ^_^ the rest i guess i can wait till i find them for normal sell price. i can wait.

So do that                     

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 21:08:45 »
Maybe the one here?

So do that                     
I been tying Its easy to say it, but hard to get it done :( but i still try

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 22:21:56 »
Maybe the one here?

So do that                     

Then buy the amount needed for a MOQ.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 22:40:51 »
Maybe the one here?

So do that                     

And would you know how much that cost ? If know do  you know someone that might ?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 23:03:14 »
Maybe the one here?

So do that                     

And would you know how much that cost ? If know do  you know someone that might ?

iirc moq is 25 @2.25 each so it would cost 56.25 but you would have 25 of em

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 04:20:40 »
Exactly. And Ivan already told you that.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:31:26 »
Hey Acid Trip.  Thanks for ordering a key from my store.

To clarify a few things...

The storm trooper key made by GirlDC is cast and electroplated sterling silver.  Being semi-precious they retail for close to $100.  That is before you factor in re-sale value due to rarity.  I recently purchased a ghost key :) it's cute but was a wallet breaker.

The Trooper in the charity auction is not publicly available.  He's not quite sure what to do with it yet.

Making licensed figures into keycaps for profit is not on everyone's to-do list especially since Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.  There is a lot of risk for small time guys like me if we make the wrong moves.  If you see something like this expect it to be very small and over quickly.  This is to avoid getting the wrong kind of attention.

I hope this info helps more than it discourages you from looking.  I just hope you understand it will not come at a low price.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2013, 19:45:58 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:33:01 »

The storm trooper key made by ***** is cast and electroplated sterling silver.  Being semi-precious they retail for close to $100.  That is before you factor in re-sale value due to rarity.  I recently purchased a ghost key :) it's cute but was a wallet breaker.

The Trooper in the charity auction is made by [someone] and it is not publicly available.  He's not quite sure what to do with it yet.

Making licensed figures into keycaps for profit is not on everyone's to-do list especially since Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.  There is a lot of risk for small time guys like me if we make the wrong moves.  If you see something like this expect it to be very small and over quickly.  This is to avoid getting the wrong kind of attention.

I hope this info helps more than it discourages you from looking.  I just hope you understand it will not come at a low price.

Not sure you were supposed to reveal that - isn't it still a secret?
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:51:20 by jwaz »

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:34:10 »

The storm trooper key made by ***** is cast and electroplated sterling silver.  Being semi-precious they retail for close to $100.  That is before you factor in re-sale value due to rarity.  I recently purchased a ghost key :) it's cute but was a wallet breaker.

The Trooper in the charity auction is made by [someone] and it is not publicly available.  He's not quite sure what to do with it yet.

Thanks for the info and your thoughts on matter ^_^ i can't wait to get my keys that you made ^_^
oh and i got more then just one key ^_^ i ordered a few ^_^
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2013, 22:57:16 by jdcarpe »

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:34:45 »
whoa so he got a 3D printer?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:35:18 »

why would you think they were 3d printed??

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:35:45 »

I remember him posting some 3D printed keycaps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:36:25 »

I remember him posting some 3D printed keycaps

Those were from shapeways

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 19:28:50 »
derp
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2013, 19:46:40 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:50:55 »
^ FTFY

EDIT: NM, it's all over the thread anyway ><

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 20:52:11 »
THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE