Author Topic: Recommended Mousepad/Wrist rest (Plus a few basic ergo Q's)  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
Recommended Mousepad/Wrist rest (Plus a few basic ergo Q's)
« on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 04:31:06 »
Ive been using a filch leather 60% wrist rest and coming from no wrist rest I loved it. Problem is I use full keyboards so the 60 wont cut it. I know filco makes standard sized ones exactly the same, but before I go and buy one of those, I wanted to know if there were any others out there that had a famously good reputation among GHers? I know I saw a group buy a while back where you could get a custom one and that'd have been awsome, alas, I didnt have the moolah at the time.

Another thing that I'm in the market for is a new mouse pad. I have one of those "boob" ones with an anime girl on it and I loved it for the last 10 months or so but its gone flat where my wrist lays so now its pointless. Was also wondering if there were and recommended moused w/ wrist rest combos out there or if Id be better off just getting a normal pad? I plan on getting an Anker wireless ergo mouse soon so Im not even sure if my wrist will lay the same or that I'll need a rest for it? Again, if someone with an anker could let me know, Id be very gracious =]

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Recommended Mousepad/Wrist rest (Plus a few basic ergo Q's)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 04:58:36 »
Wrist rest are bad, m'kay?

I keep my keyboard and pointing devices on a the biggest SS QcK and sometimes slide my palms around on Allsop Wrist Assist pads. They sort of work with any kind of keyboard: 75%, full-sized, ergodox... no problem.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 09:04:59 »
Post pic of said boob mouse pad plz.   Just so we can get a reference as to where you're coming from and find a similar height/angle as well as material.   Real/fake books = gel/memory foam.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 09:46:07 »
Wrist rest are bad, m'kay?

I keep my keyboard and pointing devices on a the biggest SS QcK and sometimes slide my palms around on Allsop Wrist Assist pads. They sort of work with any kind of keyboard: 75%, full-sized, ergodox... no problem.

^^This.. soft wrist rests are bad for the circulation in your hands and compress the channels your tendons use. You shouldn't be using any kind of rest for mouse and a hard or hardish PALM rest for keyboard for when you're not actively typing.

I use the little hard nub at the base of my palm to rest on the desk when not actively moving my mouse and the same for keyboard.

I used to have a Fellowes mouse pad with gel rest and started having numbness and pain in my mouse hand after a few months. Got rid of, started using a good hard mousepad (Steelseries) and a more ergonomic mouse. Problem gone.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.