Author Topic: Post your screen shots  (Read 25507 times)

Offline lowpoly

Post your screen shots
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 03 February 2009, 02:43:44 »
Lol, the Milton Plaza is straight ahead (yellow sign in middle of the original picture), and the Sheraton sign is on the left.
And the building with the big W on top is the W Hotel New York. Many hotels in that pic. Google Earth has a nice feature where you can click on the building and it tells you what it is.

Was it shot from the NYT building?
No, that's the tall one to the left of the Empire State building.

The photo was taken from the smaller building that the red arrow points to.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline Therac-25

Post your screen shots
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 03 February 2009, 11:03:55 »
Quote from: wellington1869;20673
I think you're right! Nice detective work ;)
So basically its looking roughly in the direction of the times square area (which would be a couple of long blocks east from there, prolly right behind the buildings in the pic).

Was it shot from the NYT building? I know its right in that area somewhere. I think its taller though. (And I dont see the exterior lattice work on it).

Lol, the Milton Plaza is straight ahead (yellow sign in middle of the original picture), and the Sheraton sign is on the left.  We should have read that originally, would have found the pic's location right away ;) Didnt even think to read the signs in the pic!

Note the search paramaters of my google maps link above :-)

Interestingly, that building is itself a kind of interesting place (interior).
das keyboard model s professional
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Blue
Model M Mini

Offline wellington1869

Post your screen shots
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 February 2009, 13:01:23 »
Quote from: Therac-25;20711
Note the search paramaters of my google maps link above :-)

Interestingly, that building is itself a kind of interesting place (interior).

Oh yea, the milford plaza -- how could I forget? :D

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline Therac-25

Post your screen shots
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 February 2009, 14:47:53 »
Quote from: wellington1869;20717
Oh yea, the milford plaza -- how could I forget? :D

Ahh, Inflation.  $43 a night?  Can't even find that at a Motel Six these days.
Model M Mini

Offline Therac-25

Post your screen shots
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 19 February 2009, 13:49:55 »
Boring Windows desktop at work:

Yay, I guess.
Model M Mini

Offline zwmalone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 20 February 2009, 21:53:59 »

Pentium 4 630 (with SSE3)
1GB DDR400
MSI 915P: Neo-V
GeForce FX 5500 256MB (I swapped my Radeon x700 because this had drivers that supported quartz)
520GB of Storage
DVD+RW
OSx86 10.5.2 (Soon to be 10.5.6) running 64bit kernel 9.2

Once I get the money I'm gonna get a core architecture setup so I can just use boot132 and use official apple updates...
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
Post your screen shots
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 21 February 2009, 22:41:23 »
Hackintosh?
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Post your screen shots
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 06:27:41 »
Quote from: ashort;22370
Hackintosh?

Of course.

Offline zwmalone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 10:36:00 »
Not anymore it's not.  The official apple update (10.5.5 combo) was supposedly safe (I didn't read the part that said i945 chipsets and higher... stupid i915 chipset :mad:)  Now I don't even make it to the apple logo.  It gets to the bsd root and kernel panics :(  I'm either gonna have to reinstall kalyway or I'm gonna go to linux as a main OS again and leave tiger on my G3...

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Post your screen shots
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 12:24:19 »
And this is why I don't deal with OS X on non-Apple hardware. :)

Offline zwmalone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 12:34:13 »
But I can't afford apple hardware!  I can't even afford OSx86 compatible non-apple hardware.  I'm stuck with 10.5.3 until somebody creates a working combo update I guess...  Supposedly there is a JaS 10.5.5 combo update but I haven't been able to find it :(

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Post your screen shots
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 12:39:19 »
Well, that's actually why Windows is still my main OS...

(I hate my iBook. Although I'm using it right now, as my ThinkPad's waiting to be shipped back from getting some repairs.)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Post your screen shots
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 03:55:55 »
Quote from: bhtooefr;22411
Well, that's actually why Windows is still my main OS...

(I hate my iBook. Although I'm using it right now, as my ThinkPad's waiting to be shipped back from getting some repairs.)

I actually really liked the last iBook that i had (last gen 12").  The main reason I made the jump to a Macbook (at the time) was that I really wanted to run multiple VM's (so, I needed an Intel-based Mac).  These days, I'm a sucker for the latest/greatest...so I cycle through Mac hardware rather quickly.  (although, I'm going to try to stick with my unibody macbook for a while...only thing that would make me jump right now is a 13.3" Mac laptop capable of >4GB of ram)

I would be interested in building a Hackintosh (buying parts for maximum compatibility)...but as someone with only a passing interested in doing so, I find the information available very fragmented.  I haven't been obsessed enough to actually find out what I'd need.

Offline ed_

Post your screen shots
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 04:21:10 »
My nearly-mouseless setup:

Offline zwmalone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 June 2009, 17:16:19 »

Offline o2dazone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 June 2009, 17:42:34 »

Offline Rajagra

Post your screen shots
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 04 June 2009, 18:03:43 »
I keep going back to using this "blue balls" image from DeviantArt. It's shiny yet unintrusive.

Offline watduzhkstand4

Post your screen shots
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 17:42:03 »
This is my screenshot =)
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2009, 18:39:51 by watduzhkstand4 »
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline lam47

Post your screen shots
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 18:08:15 »
:)
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline watduzhkstand4

Post your screen shots
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 21:55:43 »
Quote from: ripster;95605
I'd post mine but it's as cluttered as my real desktop.  Plus, the only interesting part is my wallpaper.

Carefully chosen to, ahem, ensure proper White Balance in my pics.

Show Image

oh ripster the walls are whiter than she is lmao.
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline Specter_57

Post your screen shots
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 23:06:31 »
My desktop is plain old WinDoze XP in Classic theme, so no point in showing it here....but here is the current image I'm using for my wallpaper.(refer to attached file, bottom of this posting)....I think it's kind of neat  ....

Some good places for some good wallpapers are

Digital Blasphemy
http://www.digitalblasphemy.com  
    the free sections...and follow the samples back to the home pages for more...

Hiren's Info pages - Wallpapers
http://www.hiren.info/desktop-wallpapers/
   Good stuff here too...

and also try:

Greenspun's Medium Format Gallery
http://philip.greenspun.com/images/medium-format/

enjoy.

Spec57

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Post your screen shots
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 23:36:46 »
Quote from: iMav;79093
I would be interested in building a Hackintosh (buying parts for maximum compatibility)...but as someone with only a passing interested in doing so, I find the information available very fragmented.  I haven't been obsessed enough to actually find out what I'd need.

I will buy a copy of OS X when they'll let me legitimately run it on my home-build Phenom II desktop.

The sooner as Apple figures out they're better as a software company than selling slightly decommodified PCs at astronomical markups, the better.

Screenshot:

Incidentally, lam47, what are you running at 3.8G?  955?  940?  920?  9950 with an entire industrial AC unit bolted to the heatsink?
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2009, 23:39:07 by Hak Foo »
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Post your screen shots
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 11 June 2009, 23:48:51 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;95625
The sooner as Apple figures out they're better as a software company than selling slightly decommodified PCs at astronomical markups, the better.

Meh. Apple has not ever been a software company, and will never be a software company while the Apple Spirit(tm) remains alive at that company. Apple make software exclusively and explicitly to sell more hardware, and when the software (OS) sales started damaging the Apple hardware sales, Apple withdrew the 3rd party licenses.

To wit: Apple didn't make iTunes for Windows until iPod production exceeded Macintosh user iPod demand. Once that market was saturated, then they made a Windows iTunes, to sell more iPods.

You'll be waiting a long time if you're waiting for Apple to sell MacOS licenses to non-Apple hardware.

EDIT: oh yeah, my desktop:
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2009, 23:55:05 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Manyak

Post your screen shots
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 June 2009, 00:52:14 »
By the way, if you want a good OSx86 box on the cheap just pick up an Atom board by Intel. They cost around $80 but are 100% compatible without any hacks except for getting the video card to change to resolutions other than 1024x768. But you can always add a cheap PCI video card if you don't feel like figuring it out.

As for the desktop, I had to decrease the jpg quality so photobucket would allow the upload (full quality makes it >5MB).

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2009, 00:55:11 by Manyak »
Currently Owned:
Filco FKBN104MC/EB - Model M 1390131 \'86 - Model M 1391401 NIB - Unicomp Endurapro NIB - iRocks KR-6230 - Compaq MX-11800 - Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 - Cherry ML-4100 - Cherry MY-8000-something - Dell AT101W (Black) - ABS M1 - Siig Minitouch - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys NIB - Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 - Deck Legend

Offline lam47

Post your screen shots
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 12 June 2009, 05:21:08 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;95625
I will buy a copy of OS X when they'll let me legitimately run it on my home-build Phenom II desktop.

Incidentally, lam47, what are you running at 3.8G?  955?  940?  920?  9950 with an entire industrial AC unit bolted to the heatsink?

I agree with this 100% have been saying it for years.
Its my 940 running at 3.8 (thanks BigwopHH)
Runs very stable and at the moment has a Scythe Mugen 2 on it.
I did have a Freezone elite but it was just a bit too noisy so my friend is using it to chill his quad Intel.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline Rajagra

Post your screen shots
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 12 June 2009, 06:59:45 »
There are some good hi-res images at http://www.psdgraphics.com

And I just discovered that "Tile"ing the wallpaper can spread it over two screens when "Stretch" and "Center" fail (when Nvidia panel is set to DualView.)

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
Post your screen shots
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 12 June 2009, 14:00:44 »
See why yours truly can do without fancy desktop backgrounds?

Some taskbar real estate is quite useful though:

However, I once made a version of an AKG K601 promo pic that blends in nicely with the Win2k default background color.

This one is displayed centered on the desktop of my retro dual rig (dubbed "geekbox").
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline Mr.6502

Post your screen shots
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 12 June 2009, 22:57:38 »
My desktop is the only part of my life that isn't cluttered.  Featuring my favorite 3 fighting game characters (3s Q, UMK3 Sindel, and SFA3 Dan).

"Engineers are really good at labeling and branding things ...  If we had named Kentucky Fried Chicken, it would have been Hot Dead Birds."

-Vint Cerf

Offline georgew

Heres my screen shot
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 00:36:02 »
Lets see who can guess where it is.  Please do not copy or share this, copyright

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2009, 00:38:58 by georgew »

Offline georgew

Post your screen shots
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 13 June 2009, 00:51:22 »
Quote from: ripster;95909
It's the IBM Model M Mini production factory!!

Nah, George, I bet it's Checkpoint Charlie or somewhere else near the Berlin Wall.

Your second choice is close, where do you want me to send your mini? ha ha.  It is near Brandenburg gate where Kennedy made his speech.  I also have a shot of Checkpoint Charlie.  If you look close at the little shinny spot in the one window you can see a reflection from the snipers rifle.  I had a hard time getting the guards picture as they would duck behind the tower when I raised my camera.  So I just popped the top off my Nikon and let it hang by my waist and looked in the top of it, sure faked them out.

Offline Rajagra

Post your screen shots
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 16:39:59 »
Wow. I just realised I can run the incredible screen savers at http://www.reallyslick.com/ (or any other screen saver) as the desktop wallpaper, using the ScreenPaper app. You lose desktop icons, but that's a small price to pay.

Offline Specter_57

Screen Saver as a Desktop......
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 18:33:28 »
Actually, Rajagra you can do that *without* loosing your desktop icons.

Check out this program:  "Vital Desktop".

A blurb about it...a screenshot of it...and a download link for it is available at MajorGeeks:

http://majorgeeks.com/Vital_Desktop_d1251.html

216KB

Enjoy.

Spec57
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 June 2009, 18:36:32 by Specter_57 »

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Post your screen shots
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 19:29:59 »
Vital Desktop threw me for a moment.

Does anyone have a ViRtUal desktop program recommendation for Windows XP? On MacOS and Linux I typically run 4 desktops and switch between them. I've never seen a Windows virtual desktop program that worked smoothly for me.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Mr.6502

Post your screen shots
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 20:01:31 »
Quote from: ricercar;96346

Does anyone have a ViRtUal desktop program recommendation for Windows XP? On MacOS and Linux I typically run 4 desktops and switch between them. I've never seen a Windows virtual desktop program that worked smoothly for me.

I didn't run into any issues running the Virtual Desktop PowerToy from MS.  Its definately no-frills.

At one point I tried Yod'm 3D as well.  It adds a bunch of visual effects.  It did the standard spinning cube virtual desktop in Win 2k, XP and Vista.  Older versions were free.  I don't think there is a current free version with virtual desktop in it.
"Engineers are really good at labeling and branding things ...  If we had named Kentucky Fried Chicken, it would have been Hot Dead Birds."

-Vint Cerf

Offline o2dazone

Post your screen shots
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 14 June 2009, 20:11:19 »
Quote from: ricercar;96346

I use VirtuaWin. Been using it for a few months, no extra stuff, just simple hotkey or mouse navigation to different virtual desktops.

Offline DarthShrine

• http://blog.darthshrine.com
Post your screen shots
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 15 June 2009, 02:21:26 »
I've been tweaking my background a bit, and I'm fairly proud with my combination of GeekTool + Emacs org-mode + some scripts
Das Keyboard Ultimate
IBM Model M 1391401 (born in 1990)
Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2

Offline roaduck

Post your screen shots
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 02:39:48 »
Here is a screen capture of my Dell Vostro 200 mini tower.I 'm still using XP pro.

The building is the Tudor Wythenshawe Hall built in 1540 which is located in my local park which is a ten minute walk away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wythenshawe_Hall
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 October 2009, 15:20:49 by roaduck »
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask

Offline AndrewZorn

Post your screen shots
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 03:21:28 »
no cleaning up
this is just how it has to be
i was looking for a cleaner, smaller version of the wallpaper the other day but found it fine for the time being, better than the 100% black that ive been using for about a month.

win7

Offline Rajagra

Post your screen shots
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 11:00:43 »
Currently using XP Powertoys wallpaper changer to choose a different image every 15 minutes from a whole bunch of amazing pictures from InterfaceLIFT.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2009, 11:03:24 by Rajagra »

Offline D-EJ915

Post your screen shots
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 13:01:06 »
wow a 3 level task bar, never seen anyone use that  (I usually use 2)

Offline JBert

Post your screen shots
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 14:04:24 »
I use a vertical one and replace the icon bar with the Launchy application launcher. Saves quite a lot of screen space...
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline erricrice

Post your screen shots
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 15:04:20 »
Here's my desktop, nice and clean:

I hide all desktop items and don't keep anything in particular on my taskbar.  I use the vista startbar search to launch all my programs, keeps things much more organized looking and more space for awesome backgrounds like fractals and the like.  I also use global hotkeys as much as possible for hiding and showing, play/pause for winamp and stuff like that.  The gadget keeps track of cpu and ram usage as well as cpu temps, I keep it on top of all windows.  I hide everything in the notification area except for winamp.  

I like it clean as you can tell lol.

I've also found it to be faster to do it this way, things are more fluid for me.

I also use a program called dexpot for multiple desktops similar to linux.
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Post your screen shots
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 15:31:06 »
Here's the desktop on my main computer.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Post your screen shots
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 15:49:22 »
My Windows desktop on my main PC. My Linux one is similar, except with the taskbar along the top of the screen -

For those who are interested, the picture is one I took myself. It's of one of the walls of U2's old studio in Dublin.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2009, 15:51:53 by ch_123 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Post your screen shots
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:12:33 »
I think my desktop is better.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Post your screen shots
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:23:44 »
Ooh you found it! What type of keyswitch do you think it has? I'm leaning toward rubber dome.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Post your screen shots
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:36:59 »
My laptop - a Linux flavoured one... Using Arch Linux + OpenBox + Tint2 + Xcompmgr

I think my desktop is better.

Children can't troll these days... I think Webwit should set up an international institute... =P

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Post your screen shots
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:42:02 »
Depends on how aesthetically pleasing your big toe is...I'm leaning towards the Van Gogh.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline AndrewZorn

Post your screen shots
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:43:06 »
Quote from: ch_123;120798
My laptop - a Linux flavoured one... Using Arch Linux + OpenBox + Tint2 + Xcompmgr
on my other partition, that's me exactly, but without tint2 (tried it) and no showing icons... id be posting just a wallpaper.  i wish there was such an interface for windows that is as customizable and well thought-out

too bad the current state of affairs with ati and composting though
free ati drivers = no 3d
proprietary ati drivers = compositing with awful performance with xcompmgr
compiz is too much crap for me and requires so much stuff

so i still dont really know what to do, it really sucks

and Rajagra... wow... is that actually productive?  i started looking for bonzi buddy, weatherbug, and the one where the stripper is on your taskbar.  i mean, the sheer number of icons in quick launch, is it 'quick' anymore?
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:46:33 by AndrewZorn »

Offline Rajagra

Post your screen shots
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 16:52:05 »
Quote from: webwit;120799
If I take a picture of my big toe and use it as my desktop background, it is original art. But if I use this, it's a copy, and thus inferior?

I'd go for the toe picture. Honestly, that Van Gogh looks like it was painted by an eight-year-old.

Here's my Van Gogh's Big Toe desktop:
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2009, 18:27:12 by Rajagra »