Author Topic: GT6 GH Thread  (Read 20588 times)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
GT6 GH Thread
« on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 15:58:35 »
Not sure how popular Gran Turismo is around here as I've only seen it mentioned here and there. But seriously I don't know have anybody to play with so I thought I'd make a thread where we could at least add each other. BTW this is for PS3....so...please no PS4 talk here lol.

Fill out my form below with your info and post it here :]

PSN: Lastpilot
Favorite Drivetrain: MR, sometimes FWD
Favorite Car: '66 GT40 Mark I

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: GT6 GH Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 15:59:58 »
PSN: baldgye
MR?
GT-R/X2011

Just a word of warning people have been reporting a loss of cars and damage to save files due to online problems, I would try and stay a bit clear until the next patch or two :P

some fancy pics;

Can't wait to see what they add with the Senna update/patch in May!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 December 2013, 14:57:23 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 14:58:39 »
Is no one else playing this game?! :O

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:11:18 »
Not after GT5!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 15:18:23 »
Not after GT5!

Why? GT6 is a massive improvement on the problems with GT5... and GT6 has a time table up to May of monthly free content patches

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 03:23:47 »
PSN: baldgye
MR?
GT-R/X2011

Just a word of warning people have been reporting a loss of cars and damage to save files due to online problems, I would try and stay a bit clear until the next patch or two :P

some fancy pics;

Show Image

Show Image

Can't wait to see what they add with the Senna update/patch in May!

Damn that looks sweet! I gotta get this...... I loved 5

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:32:33 »
Honestly its almost the same game, but fixes a LOT of issues while including 15-20% new content. Besides some REALLY nice new courses, nothing too exciting, but GT5 fans will play it.  There are two people who would enjoy it. People who never played GT5 and people who want to play GT5 again lol.

Also all of the previous DLC on GT5 is on there lol.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:36:02 »
Fond memories as a kid of staying up for 24hrs with my best friend at the time doing the all-day race in GT2. So many Dunkaroos and Surge :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:39:22 »
Honestly its almost the same game, but fixes a LOT of issues while including 15-20% new content. Besides some REALLY nice new courses, nothing too exciting, but GT5 fans will play it.  There are two people who would enjoy it. People who never played GT5 and people who want to play GT5 again lol.

Also all of the previous DLC on GT5 is on there lol.

There is also monthly free DLC planned for it running up to May when they will have the big Senna update pack!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:43:33 »
Yeah I'm hoping the P1 gets included in some DLC so I can struggle with sub-7 minute nurburg laps LOL.

BTW! Update, my new favorite car is the Stealth 787B. OMG this thing makes this game worth it lol. So beautiful and fast. I've already gotten kicked out of 3 rooms because of it lololol. I freaking love this car it even makes me think about getting the Autoart model lol.

Fond memories as a kid of staying up for 24hrs with my best friend at the time doing the all-day race in GT2. So many Dunkaroos and Surge :D

OYAHHH. Lol GT3 was my first one, and yeah I stayed up with my best friend for some of those endurance races lol. I think my favorite memory was driving that Mercedes D2 DTM car lol. So smooth :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:46:07 by Lastpilot »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 13:13:46 »
Yeah I'm hoping the P1 gets included in some DLC so I can struggle with sub-7 minute nurburg laps LOL.

BTW! Update, my new favorite car is the Stealth 787B. OMG this thing makes this game worth it lol. So beautiful and fast. I've already gotten kicked out of 3 rooms because of it lololol. I freaking love this car it even makes me think about getting the Autoart model lol.

Yeah I got that car as a pre-order bonus in GT5, it's properly silly.... speaking of silly;

Having alot of fun so far ^^

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 21:41:56 »
PSN Toad66
Drivetrian FR
El Camino SS
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 17:44:06 »

game is way too fun ^^

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 20:42:51 »
I used to play GT2 and GT3.... Then forza... Then PC, but I really miss forza, I tried GT5 I really liked it. But it sounded like I was driving a vacuum.... I wish I still had my PS3.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 07:18:10 »
Finished all the SP races, the only things I've not done now are the dumb coffee break missions... S was really too easy

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 22:32:11 »
PSN: ??? (hardly online on PSN these days)
Favourite drivetrain: Rear wheelers mainly followed by all wheelers.
Favourite car: Depends.

GT5 was my first installment to Gran Turismo series. I have played a fair few other driving simulations such as Tokyo Extreme Racer, Metropolitan Street Racer, Test Drive LeMans 24h, etc.

There was a brief moment of fun in GT5 before the leadup to GT6 being released however it seems like PD doesn't care much about customisation even though it claims to be "The real driving simulator". So much for scammers, loopholes and unfair biasness. I won't be moving onto GT6 until PD has addressed the issues that was missing in GT5 eversince the release.

If one were ever curious to know the missing features that should have been implemented, they would have figured it out after playing the game both online as well as offline for awhile. Currently GT6 sees a redesign in the UI and maybe a few cars but nothing to address the issues that GT5 suffered eversince the launch of the game. PD has done nothing to address the issue but instead chose to fix the issues that appeared much later in the game.

Hate to sound like a harsh critic with holdovers but I am somewhat impressed at the range of cars available along with a car that very much became this:
47823-0

Maybe if the release the newer variant I may get that as well. Personal note: FIA needs to wake up and smell the coffee, so too does PD.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 07:18:46 »
holy **** were did you get that model of the X1?!

Edit: Ahh I see, no 2011 version though :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2013, 07:20:47 by baldgye »

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 09:47:51 »
holy **** were did you get that model of the X1?!

Edit: Ahh I see, no 2011 version though :(

I'd also get X2011 if and when it comes out, not cheap for X2010 but the quality is very nice. Also something to show off to some F1 diehard fans who think nothing more of F1 as the "supposedly pinnacle" of motorsports.  :p

Otherwise I totally love the huge rear wing of the X2011 but honestly.. the car (X201*) can be improved in so many ways. If X201* were to be the pinnacle of mankind technology in vehicles it should have incorporated way more features. Though I heard these cars were designed under some budget which may have inhibited the car from reaching what I personally believe the utmost full potential.

X2010 is still nonetheless smexy. For it to even become something a little more realistic is infinitely more better. "I'll immortalise you into a more physical form so you can never become just a figment of my imagination!" ;D

Honestly prior to knowing X1, I had so many "dream cars". Now I only have one dream car (after X1 is built to my specifications). Meanwhile.. I need to find out a way to "drift" this thing..  :)) I think someone might have tried drifting the 5G variant (fanless variant, was not supposed to allowed as a regular car in one's garage but doable in other "hideous" ways).

For your information (or anyone else interested): 1:18 RED BULL X2010 PROTOTYPE

Oh man.. I am forever cursed by the look of this haha. Innocent yet devilish as if devil reavealed itself as some smexy lady to take your soul.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 10:07:38 by tuxsavvy »
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 11:51:54 »
Well the 2011 spec is an improvement on the 2010 spec and when the update comes out there are three variants k the new 2014 spec which includes a fabless version, but yeah you can't drift the 2011 spec, you just turn lol... I can't even get it to to dohnuts

F1 is the fastest motor sport with the fastest and most tallented drivers, but the X cars are just silly pipe dreams... Even in the 80s when they had built a real fan car for F1 they retired it because it was too fast...
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 11:53:40 by baldgye »

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:15:30 »
Well the 2011 spec is an improvement on the 2010 spec and when the update comes out there are three variants k the new 2014 spec which includes a fabless version, but yeah you can't drift the 2011 spec, you just turn lol... I can't even get it to to dohnuts

F1 is the fastest motor sport with the fastest and most tallented drivers, but the X cars are just silly pipe dreams... Even in the 80s when they had built a real fan car for F1 they retired it because it was too fast...

Yeah X2011 is smaller than her older sister (X2010) and with that boasted an extra large rear wing. I have heard that there were new(er) X201* but I couldn't find much info (before when someone hinted there was X2012 for instance).

I have sort of managed to do it on X2010 (regular one), but it was insanely hard to maintain her. X2011 is DLC, like every other bit of cool cars in the game. By playing it offline meant that switching into those cars aren't doable plus retaining them in ticket form becomes moot as PD has made GT5 authenticate with the servers to signify the user has opened the ticket on the DLC car. I guess if needed be I can dig out X2011 through "the other way".

F1 is mostly about drivers, not much about the cars which is the sad part. F1 drivers are now the elite club. From what I have read the Brabham BT46B (which was the first F1 fan-based racecar) was banned because it constituted moveable aerodynamic parts even though the fan was used not only to provide downforce for high speed cornering but to also cool the engine and other running components. Lotus back then had a killer machine which always dominated F1, the BT46B was an "out of the box" approach to combat against Lotus. Sure enough Gordon Murray (the engineer who designed (but not the originator) of fan based car) was ticked when a few other competitors (to Brabham at the time) including Lotus was thinking of building their F1 as fan based to tackle against BT46B.

BT46B was not the first fan based car as GT fans would know. Chaparral 2J was most likely the first but it was banned because Mclaren simply couldn't outcompete against the fan car and instead declared the car as a cheating tool when they hosted the racing series and there was a lawyer behind the whole thing. True enough the real 2J suffered issues here and there but otherwise 2J was still a monster of its era.

The nature of the F1 was to highlight the very best of mankind's technology, no? If speed wasn't an issue then why did they also outlaw turbocharged F1? Speed more or less was the name of the F1 game but inevitably we as humans are not perfect and so accidents do happen even with a car that boasts insane speed and exhilarating cornering. I am sure FIA has constantly tried touting F1 as supposedly the best of supercars (I am only referring to the machines themselves, not the drivers) ironically X1 would have topped the modern F1 on any given day. The use of movable aerodynamic parts is banned, the use of rotary engines (notably in Mazda 787b in LeMans) was banned and what is next (I am sure I can dig up plenty more things FIA banned on wikipedia for instance)? I can agree FIA is making the drivers and their manufacturers compete on a more fairer scale but these days there are hardly much innovation that goes behind on the F1 themselves, why? because all new technological ways to outdo one's competitor hardly lies in the design of the machine itself. Apart from the fact that F1 needs to be wind tunnel tested and all, the rest is all about strategies. No turbos are allowed, no fan based (sucker) cars are allowed, no dynamically adjustable aerodynamic wings are allowed, no rotaries are allowed, all these were new and killer features that would have brought out the very best of mankind technology on a car yet they are all banned.

I can somewhat agree X1 is a pipe dream but to call it silly is wrong. I do remember seeing awhile ago how F1 wanted to do night racing but by using street lights sort of design on race circuits. X1 doesn't even really need street lights. I don't know much about aerodynamic coefficency (cd) but the modern F1 lacks a "canopy", as such maybe the entire F1 is slightly less aerodynamically coefficient than that of X1 where the inspiration I bet was similar to the cockpits of most modern fighter jets. What about the issues with the rain, wind and particularly gravel/stones being thrown from the likes of fan based car? no fuss really the canopy shields one from all those issues (yes not perfectly but probably way better than nothing). Most of the other other competitors whom were against BT46B by passing on some rather poor excuse of how the drivers had to dodge flying gravels and stones from the BT46B. If X1 were to be made the new standard of F1, the drivers won't even need to worry all that much about gravels and stones being thrown.

X1 looks like as if it stood lightyears apart and in a much different alternative form of reality. The F1 looks nothing more than a rocket sort of shell with wings attached to it and without much {head,tail}lights. The X1 has more modern approach in the aspect of using modern headlight design with LED and somewhat less intrusive looking steering wheel cluster. The last time I saw the cockpit of the F1 had no less than 30 odd buttons and switches, etc. The X1 features countless other technological advances that F1 can only ever dream of. As if to ever lose my former point I'll reinstate here, the F1 is not the very best of mankind technology. It is all formed out of stupid regulations in which FIA imposed. F1 would probably have been no different should all manufacturers agree on one car design that they are only allowed to paint and maybe adjust a few things here and there mainly to do with aerodynamic and/or spring sort of adjustment. Otherwise the whole F1 is virtually a "one suit fits all" concept where instead of outwitting each other on technological marvel it has now instead turned into a large game of strategy without new innovation. In fact that is probably what it is right now which inevitably is the sad part about F1, we can all exchange punches with our own fists but we're not allowed to wear things like kuckle dusters because that constitutes as cheating.

They say the X1 took on the inspiration from Caparo T1 or the vice-versa (I don't know which came first), though one thing for sure is that FIA will largely frown and mock the idea of Caparo T1 for use in races. That is innovation right there from Caparo yet it is being snubbed because it does not fit the bill of being what F1 is meant to be. There will probably never be a new category opening for it either as FIA has plenty of cash to focus on regulating/approving designs instead of "releasing" the potential of mankind's own innovation.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 December 2013, 20:07:50 by tuxsavvy »

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 06:12:20 »

Video about the fan f1 car ^^ oh and this is the x2014;

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 06:17:01 »
And on the discussion of F1 the reason why the regulations are they way they are is to make it more of a balanced sport, yeah the drivers are a large part of it but really the tiny diffrences in the cars design makes the biggest diffrence.
The technology that exists in the x1 comes from F1 tech that's been used and then banned from the sport because the teams with the most money were able to get them to work better than others or they invented something that worked so well with there car no one else could compete, Red Bull's blown rear defuser being a good example.
F1 cars are also equipped with insane levels of protection for the driver, meaning the chances of a fatal crash are tiny compared to previous years, something we can all agree on is a good thing. The x1 has no such features, which gives it a huge performance advantage over real cars and also meaning that it could never exist in that form because it would be a literal death trap.

That said I am of the opinion that F1 should be faster and it's a shame all the lap records for the older tracks all date from the early 2000s... I also think the late 00's cars looked the coolest and showed the insane level of innovation going on around getting the most from the air flow.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 06:18:40 by baldgye »

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:26:38 »
http://youtu.be/ScBCoOv50dA

Video about the fan f1 car ^^ oh and this is the x2014;
Show Image

Thanks for the video and image. I have seen that video as well as others including these:
I also have been reading much about the fan car technology and had lots of bookmarks stored on them. I evern had a CD-R disc full of information on rotaries. Ironically both of these technologies were part of FIA's unyielding ban.

The angle of the image (which is always the usual way of PD showing off premium cars) is hard for me to determine if the 2014 is actually any better. I can see the both the front and rear wings have been changed (front is much larger and rear looks a little smaller compared to X2011). The air inlet area has been lowered as well which was similar to what I had in mind as part of the ultimate "X2011m" (I use Tokyo Extreme Racer/Shutoko Battle chassis naming schemes funnily enough). Again it is really hard to tell what else has been improved. If it is only the three things that I have pointed out from what I can see then I must personally admit that is not much of an improvement.

Apart from that I am not too keen personally on the liveries and all the various "brandings". This was also partly the reason why I chose the X2010 Prototype as my one and only die cast car. In the game however, I have a few X2010 Prototype done up to how the way I want it.

If you were to improve on say X2011 (I have not seen let alone played with any sucessors of X2011 so I cannot add more arbitrarily), what would you improve? To me I have at least six or so improvements that I would add personally if X2011 for instance were to be the ultimate vehicle for speed and all. ;D

And on the discussion of F1 the reason why the regulations are they way they are is to make it more of a balanced sport, yeah the drivers are a large part of it but really the tiny diffrences in the cars design makes the biggest diffrence.
The technology that exists in the x1 comes from F1 tech that's been used and then banned from the sport because the teams with the most money were able to get them to work better than others or they invented something that worked so well with there car no one else could compete, Red Bull's blown rear defuser being a good example.
F1 cars are also equipped with insane levels of protection for the driver, meaning the chances of a fatal crash are tiny compared to previous years, something we can all agree on is a good thing. The x1 has no such features, which gives it a huge performance advantage over real cars and also meaning that it could never exist in that form because it would be a literal death trap.

That said I am of the opinion that F1 should be faster and it's a shame all the lap records for the older tracks all date from the early 2000s... I also think the late 00's cars looked the coolest and showed the insane level of innovation going on around getting the most from the air flow.

I somewhat agree on what you said in the first two paragraphs. I do not know much about Red Bull's blown rear diffuser thing (unless you are referring to the X1). However FIA could seriously try opening up a new group for experimental F1 cars where there are no boundaries on technology used as long as there are enough manufacturers (and their sponsors) that are willing to expand into experimental area. They (FIA) did it with LeMans 24h but not with F1 which is a little ironic personally.

The amount of small changes is somewhat trivial, sure they do make improvments (sometimes significant). However there is never something like a complete redesign of the wings that would for instance stand out completely different from the rest of these other competitors. I bet all the competitors had to also follow strict guidelines into what goes on the engine. Things like four valves per cylinder insteead of five as a bid to lighten the top half of the engine is forbidden. I mean really there is just such small changes that can be done but really all these manufacturers and their sponsors are not really allowed to do any "out of the box" thinking like how it was done historically. Hence this was why I pointed out that these days F1 seems almost like as if "one piece fits all" theory is being enforced. Little changes are allowed (yes they do make differences but also can come at a cost), anything more than little changes and FIA steps in with "ban hammer".

Yeah safety is important without a doubt, this was also the reason why several car manufacturers (not just within the racing motorsport realm itself) also push forth to comply with various governing authorities for more safer cars on the road. As a result which is more or less as you stated safer compared to older cars for instance however it is not like X1 cannot be improved for safety features. If I were to criticise X1 based on the lack of safety equipment (or part thereof) when it comes to a stock X1, sure it is a death trap. However I was more wanting to imply that should X1 be ever released as a real car (not that mould that went to exhibition at Goodwood's festival of speed) it needs to follow the exact specifications that it appears in the game but rather based upon a similar idea.

One sort of aspect that I did contemplate on should I be one day ever be able to build my very own X1 or mockup version was to also incorporate the idea of ejection seats (with parachutes obviously) just like fighter pilots. I mean if you look at how the window/door is designed it looked exactly like something that came from what fighter jets (modern ones that is) are featured on. Though of course maybe personally adding extra sensors to the car so that it should force eject the driver out of the car prior to a crash. This was amongst many of the other ideas that I had thought of for no particular reason other than the fact that I like to expand ideas that someone else has created (which would have to also interest me). At any given rate, my point really is that X1 if ever properly materialised can be improved in several ways if there are enougjh funds to go around on it also that whatever featured in the game should not be taken seriously (instead the idea is based off on it but has been changed to make do with reality).

Call me a dreamer, etc but I cannot stop musing the thoughts of X1 and improving it endlessly in my head. The more I look at X1 (even more that now I have the die cast) the lesser I can do to try and stop thinking of it.

I haven't followed much of F1, for some reason it never appealed to me until GT5 "opened my eyes" to something that I can sort of despise FIA on. I have no grudges against F1 drivers or the manufacturers (and sponsors) but the governing body needs to stop proclaiming and/or giving people the impressions of F1 being the pinnacle of mankind technology. It sickens me how they have banned various so-called "loopholes" whilst on the hand brag about F1 being the "best". Maybe the sponsors have some part to blame as well personally. Maybe FIA needs to print out in big words on media somewhere constantly that F1 is not the pinnacle of mankind technology. Nonetheless I am sure they are all too "thick faced" about it. Sure.. nobody cares for a "white lie" but that is just wrong.

X1 looks and acts ten times more sexy than any F1, I wouldn't care (out of selfishness) that I were to be killed in X1 than to be caught dead in F1. X1 has got the looks as well as the performance to boot any day over F1. That said, I am pretty sure I can't handle either of them but meh. X1 is still miles better, enough said. :))

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:29:56 by tuxsavvy »

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 10:43:32 »
I started googling up for a bit after you presented the photos.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggghhhhhhh *drools* X2010 still looks smexy considering all the liveries and logos she has to wear:

I also found the rear end of that X2014, probably the "junior" variant?

Now the tail lights cluster looks a little ugly.. Also it now has that wing spanning from the centre (sort of) of the car to the rear.. like that Ferrari F2010 or F2011 (can't remember, couldn't care less).

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 11:10:15 »
Might get GT6, there's a PS3 bundle with GT6 and The Last of Us for a decent price locally, are there any problems with the PS3 version compared to PS4?

I know my wheel works with the PS3 at least, so I might give that a spin if I get the bundle, if I can only find a way to mount it for TV use.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 11:15:53 »
Ps4 version?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 11:22:37 »
Ps4 version?

I may be wrong, but I assume there is, or will be, a PS4 version. Not sure, but that's what most major releases seem to be doing atm, and I keep imagining that the versions made for the old consoles will have performance issues.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 11:45:35 »
You'd be wrong, its PS3 only.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 11:49:01 »

Ah, fair enough, might be worth getting that bundle then. Just need to figure out how to use my wheel with the TV, hard to go back to using a controller for racing games now. I'd love a proper seat, but it'd cost far more than the actual console, and I don't know where I'd put it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 12:04:43 »

Ah, fair enough, might be worth getting that bundle then. Just need to figure out how to use my wheel with the TV, hard to go back to using a controller for racing games now. I'd love a proper seat, but it'd cost far more than the actual console, and I don't know where I'd put it.

yeah I really want a wheel and seat set up but just dont have the room :(

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:09:14 »
Ps4 version?

I may be wrong, but I assume there is, or will be, a PS4 version. Not sure, but that's what most major releases seem to be doing atm, and I keep imagining that the versions made for the old consoles will have performance issues.
There were speculations that GT6 may or will come out on PS4 a month or two ago prior to the release date as coincidentally PS4 launch is roughly around the same time as GT6.

The other thing to note is that with the more modern Playstation consoles it seems there is a bit of a tradition that sony gives new clientele a chance to play with older games. Basically it is backwards compatibility, though ironically PS3 latter models were a bit of an exception when they were trying to address with various issues on PS3.

However one thing that that is noteworthy is that PS3's architecture (CPU-wise) is very different from that of PS4. This may mean that for a game to come out on PS4 as well for instance as PS3, it would put a fair amount of burden on the individual parties to have a cross platform developed that would sort of ensure quality is not lost from one form to another. I am sure there are game companies out there that would pay an impeccable amount of funds to ensure that their games regardless on which platform would take the most advantage out of the said hardware. As said, PS4's architecture is different from that of PS3, if sony were to play with backwards compatibility it might make PS4 somewhat more expensive than PS3 initially (not to mention implementation maybe even more of a challenge apart from cost factors).

That said, as far as I am aware of GT6 seems to bring minimal set amounts of differences from GT5. The UI is redesigned supposedly to get rid of the clutter "box styled" UI that GT5 had. There will be new cars as well as "promoting" more standard cars into premium and as usual bug fixes carried over from GT5 to GT6. Apart from that I really don't know what else has been changed with GT6. Already PD has received some criticisms on GT5 so I guess only time will tell will GT6 be much better than GT5? Again with former statement on PS4 architecture I personally am slightly inclined to say that GT6 may not appear on PS4 unless PS4 is backwards compatible. One can imagine the marketing/PR branch of sony would sort of be up in arms to hear for instance PD's unwillingness to move onto the new platform. Inevitably historically it shows that PD seems to release GT series of two versions using the same "platform". For example: GT1 and GT2 on Playstation, GT3 and GT4 on Playstation 2 and now GT5 and most likely GT6 on Playstation 3. Maybe one may see PD moving onto PS4 when it comes to GT7? I guess only time will tell.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 22:04:04 »
LOL!
48119-0

Tiny bit of curb...
48121-1

and over she goes...
48123-2
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 22:07:26 by Soarer »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 01:27:25 »
@tux

I don't think you could make the x1 safe, ever... F1 drivers are the fittest drivers in the world with the fastest reactions, yet they still crash f1 cars and make mistakes (usually small mistakes resulting in large crashes etc) in you increased the speed of everything by 20-30 seconds you increase the chances of crashes massively and due to the increase in speed the required protection would be impossible to make lol...
That said the biggest problem with the x1 being a real car is the tires, if it used f1 tires from nearly any year/generation they would be destroyed after a single lap and the money involved in creating tires that it could use for a GP would be insane.

And yeah prototype f1 cars would be cool but not very interesting, like I said f1 is the way it is for a reason and the money involved is like no other sport, you couldn't make if feasible for a team to spend the hundreds of millions just to see what could be done.

And the x2014 has all kinds of improvements from what I've heard, it's like the improvements the 2011 had over the 2010. It also has a brand new suspension system (I can't remember the name of it but Williams used it in the 90s until it was banned). I really like the new look too, I don't mind the Red Bull livery, makes it look more like a real race car lol

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:04:54 »
Got it earlier today, and have spend a bit of time with the game. Enjoying it so far, but I'm still itching to try it with a wheel, as I'm not really a huge fan of the stick placement on the PS controllers. It does help to put the throttle and brake on the triggers though.

Can't really say anything about fav. car or drivetrain yet as I'm still getting my bearings.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:20:12 »
Well if it makes you feel any better I'm on an old crappy DS3 with analog stick grips that spin from being loosened after heavy use. Let's just say that I'm VERY dependent on TCS :[

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:18:09 »
I use a ds3 with no aids bar abs set to one

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 10:28:29 »
It's a bit annoying that you you don't seem to get more from selling cars that have been tuned, painted and what-have-you. I sorta regret spending 100k on buying and tuning a gen1 Golf GTI, but selling it wouldn't even cover the cost of the paintjob on it.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:45:43 »
DS3 here too - I just don't have the inclination to set a wheel up properly, and a badly setup wheel would surely be worse than the DS!

The sound bugs are starting to get annoying. I've had just gearbox and tyre noise at the start of some races, with the engine sound coming in part way round the lap - not exactly sure what kicks it in, maybe changing gear or bumping something?

And why did they bundle up air filter and intake manifold?! Classic basic mod is exhaust and air filter! I guess they ran out of flags in the config, and having the brake upgrade meant something else had to go :(

I really hope they make the upgrading a bit more realistic eventually - it's silly to 'upgrade' to a sports cat, on an old car that never had a cat! Likewise, turbo cars have a turbo, so one turbo upgrade should be moot. Etc.

Like the handling changes though - some cars seem easier to drive than before, others harder. Definitely feels more realistic (apart from the odd bugs like the Mito endo and the S2000 flip, which both seem like excessive weight transfer in some way).
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 11:54:55 by Soarer »

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 20:45:29 »

THANKS A LOT GT6

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:10:55 »
:( :blank:

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:22:45 »
@tux

I don't think you could make the x1 safe, ever... F1 drivers are the fittest drivers in the world with the fastest reactions, yet they still crash f1 cars and make mistakes (usually small mistakes resulting in large crashes etc) in you increased the speed of everything by 20-30 seconds you increase the chances of crashes massively and due to the increase in speed the required protection would be impossible to make lol...
That said the biggest problem with the x1 being a real car is the tires, if it used f1 tires from nearly any year/generation they would be destroyed after a single lap and the money involved in creating tires that it could use for a GP would be insane.

And yeah prototype f1 cars would be cool but not very interesting, like I said f1 is the way it is for a reason and the money involved is like no other sport, you couldn't make if feasible for a team to spend the hundreds of millions just to see what could be done.

And the x2014 has all kinds of improvements from what I've heard, it's like the improvements the 2011 had over the 2010. It also has a brand new suspension system (I can't remember the name of it but Williams used it in the 90s until it was banned). I really like the new look too, I don't mind the Red Bull livery, makes it look more like a real race car lol

"Where there is a will there is always way." Fighter pilots needs to anticipate issues as they arrive. Sure that is not to say fighter pilots can anticipate if a missle were to be able to blow up their plane into smitherines however the ejection seat was there for a purpose in high altitude and generally high speed movements. I am sure in some ways in a weapon-free environment and on a more ground level the ejection seat can prove to be handy for cockpits to be designed similar to that of modern fighter jets. If safety is the name of the game then ejection seat is useful in high speed situations because nobody will survive a fatal high speed crash in F1 let alone X1. Even worse is what becomes of the F1 vehicle itself after the crash. So surely when technologies gets properly implemented it serve as a purpose rather than an unwanted redundant feature.

I can imagine tyres would be an issue as well but that is not to say that tyre manufacturers are either poor or dumb/lazy. They are rich enough to have their tyres being used in races plus they have the backing of all the sponsors as well as people who buy products from them on a day to day basis (as a regular customer for an average car). The idea of a "tweel" comes to mind but with much thicker rubber around the rims to cover the excessive load. Maybe even an almost complete tyre made of nothing more than rubber (i.e. solid rubber, no air) would probably be useful for gauging how thick the tyre needs. Call me crazy but I am sure there are ways to do this, using conventional technologies along with bleeding edge technologies isn't going to work ideally.

The same issue could be said with the brakes, the need to change brake pads or brake instruments because of the wear and tear. So why not implement something called "eddy current brake" alongside with the conventional brakes?

I personally disagree on the lack of prototype F1. The same could almost more or less be said about prototype LeMans cars (which would make concepts like Nissan Deltawing rather moot). X1 would have given an insight into what could be potentially possible within F1 realm yet it faces too many criticisms on various levels. The X1 is not a perfect race car, but it certainly does pave way into what a race car bolted with "forbidden fruits" can possibly do. That is why I admire the idea of X1 and being the fact that it is to be called as prototype, like a stillborn baby awaiting one day for people to open their eyes and to realise its potential.

I bet you FIA would still laugh about Caparo T1 and mock Caparo's idea of F1 lookalike technology for road use, they will probably never let Caparo T1 be used as a race car because it would probably look ludicruous yet they were thinking of opening up night races. Sure a race car should look nothing more than what a race car supposed to look like but to not give it something extra that would make it look nicer for instance without substantial loss in aerodynamic coefficency seems to always be frowned upon. If not frowned it is banned or both.

It's a bit annoying that you you don't seem to get more from selling cars that have been tuned, painted and what-have-you. I sorta regret spending 100k on buying and tuning a gen1 Golf GTI, but selling it wouldn't even cover the cost of the paintjob on it.

I guess they did that to prevent players from selling cars from their collection. The issue is quite troubling when it comes to rare cars that when one sells a car (which was a standard car) and tries to look for a replacement (probably because they end up regretting having sold one in the first place). Also with the maximum amount of cars in one's garage that can be allowed versus the maximum amount of cars featured in the game.

DS3 here too - I just don't have the inclination to set a wheel up properly, and a badly setup wheel would surely be worse than the DS!

The sound bugs are starting to get annoying. I've had just gearbox and tyre noise at the start of some races, with the engine sound coming in part way round the lap - not exactly sure what kicks it in, maybe changing gear or bumping something?

And why did they bundle up air filter and intake manifold?! Classic basic mod is exhaust and air filter! I guess they ran out of flags in the config, and having the brake upgrade meant something else had to go :(

I really hope they make the upgrading a bit more realistic eventually - it's silly to 'upgrade' to a sports cat, on an old car that never had a cat! Likewise, turbo cars have a turbo, so one turbo upgrade should be moot. Etc.

Like the handling changes though - some cars seem easier to drive than before, others harder. Definitely feels more realistic (apart from the odd bugs like the Mito endo and the S2000 flip, which both seem like excessive weight transfer in some way).

They did have a whole bunch of upgrades that were made but not thoroughly implemented. A bloke found all those "hidden" upgrades that PD did not even bother implementing. When the time came these loopholes were discovered but only certain cars could have those upgrades before PD patched it up.

The turbo upgrades works on different scales from memory. Turbo 1 works on low RPM, Turbo 2 works on mid RPM and Turbo 3 works on high RPM. They are all performance specific requirements. Not everyone likes to have high horsepower on say Honda S2000 when it already has fairly low amount of torque already. The same thing more or less goes with rotary engines whom usually suffer from low ends of torque and bolting on a big turbo with a relatively stock engine for instance gives some lag. The lag would then be extrapolated if one tries to adjust the gear ratio to a much taller amount. I guess you may see the issue being more imminent on historic race cars being fed with turbo.

I personally am for performance upgrades on the cars. Engine swapping is not possible on GT5 (which is somewhat a sad fact considering over on the other side of the fence Forza Motorsport allows engine swapping provided that the engine has to come from the same manufacturer as the chassis/body). So the next thing apart from engine swapping (which was as mentioned before, ruled out) would be ridiculous upgrades on cars that never had such features. I think you will find certain cars cannot be modified regardless. Sure in realistic sense that would be as fun as one maintaining historic cars for instance true to its form. Though it is not like as if engine swaps has never been attempted before in reality.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:43:05 »
Oh, I'm 'for' upgrades, just want a bit more logic to them! Stock on most (cheap) turbo cars would a low-rpm turbo, so perhaps it should be as if you'd already bought that upgrade. Supercars are already at a high state of tune, so perhaps stage 1 engine tuning is already in the base car. That kind of thing.

Engine swaps I'm not really fussed about. It would be fun I guess. But the main reason for adding it would be to recreate some swaps that have actually been done IRL, so maybe PD should just add some more cars (lol, MNP) - like a triple-rotor RX7, a V8 Supra, etc. At least we can already effectively make a GT86 + 22B by just adding a turbo :D

Another beef: why no oil change available at the track, still?!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 02:18:36 »
@tux
But silly comparing fighter jet combat to F1 :P fighter jets don't fly inches appart from one another :P and LOL ejector seats?! Haha imagine Marks crash at Valencia if he fired out of his car as it was flipping over :P
I think the tires would make the x1 either impossible to race or impossible to long distance race because of the physics involved, it's only in recent years that tire technology has been able to give f1 tires that last and so now they are having to artificially limit there performance.

But yeah I'm not in favor of a prototype just because of the logistics, you'd end up with these insane unreliable cars that are vastly diffrent from each other, were the only limit is money.. Making the richest teams the fastest which is the exact opposite of what the FIA and FOA want as it makes the sport dull. Also you wouldn't have the likes of Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and Kimmi driving these PF1 cars because there wouldn't be enough money and it's not F1 so you'd end up with 2nd tier drivers... And we've all seen the problems that can cause just with an F1 car lol

And I remember what it was called, the x2014 is equipped with active suspension, similar to the one Williams used before 1994.

Oh and:

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 02:25:14 by baldgye »

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 02:49:05 »
Oh, I'm 'for' upgrades, just want a bit more logic to them! Stock on most (cheap) turbo cars would a low-rpm turbo, so perhaps it should be as if you'd already bought that upgrade. Supercars are already at a high state of tune, so perhaps stage 1 engine tuning is already in the base car. That kind of thing.

Engine swaps I'm not really fussed about. It would be fun I guess. But the main reason for adding it would be to recreate some swaps that have actually been done IRL, so maybe PD should just add some more cars (lol, MNP) - like a triple-rotor RX7, a V8 Supra, etc. At least we can already effectively make a GT86 + 22B by just adding a turbo :D

Another beef: why no oil change available at the track, still?!
Not quite sure on the first paragraph as I can sort of understand one can still get a low RPM turbocharger which may still give out more torque and maybe ball bearing (instead of sleeve bearing). There were stage 4 and stage 5 turbo upgrades which were hidden fyi. They allow even more higher power (sometimes the turbo gauge bar wounds up to the max). Stage 4 and stage 5 turbo for instance was a hidden feature in which it was exploited and then patched. It was possible for instance at one stage that one can achieve 1000+HP '97 Supra or 800+HP RUF CTR (though the car is absolutely uncontrollable) etc. This was all well before engine swaps were done.

Engine swaps were doable prior to v2.12 patch iinm, along with several other hidden cars and upgrades were accessible with some "tools". The engine swaps and more realistic tuning approach was somewhat applied back then for those who wanted real life replicas in the game. Nowadays it is often heard that one just tunes their car to some crazy high amount of HP and with the engine/transmission sounding way unauthentic. Of course there were such "tuners" who also did the same approach around that time (v2.12 and prior) but they were frowned upon for ruining the online gaming experience.

Triple rotor RX7 sort of exist, as RX-7 LM Race car (standard) and also as those RE-Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (standard and premium). Standard triple rotor RX7 sounds muffed compared to AsparaDrink premium RX7. Don't ask me why maybe the muffled engines were from Eunos Cosmos (JCESE - not available in the game) and maybe the premium Asparadrink were bridge/j ported mods. Though triple rotor (20B) on a plain RX7 (FD3S) is no longer possible (since 2.12 and latter updates). In real life there are quad rotor (26B) powered RX7 and RX8 (SE3P) which were again attempted at the time when such engine swaps were doable but all got banished as soon as the newer patches rectified these issues.

V8 powered JZA80 ('97 Supra) I believe only existed in the game as Woodone Tom's Supra (Super GT - formerly JGTC, standard only). The V8 engine used was most likely 1UZ-FE that came from Toyota Soarer (UZZ30). I do think at the time some gamers did do engine swaps from Super GT to their JZA80, others fit on Chevrolet V8 block to give it a distinct muffler sound.

GT86 with 22B (GC8K) was attempted as well considering how GT86 never allowed any turbochargng from what I saw last. I have a similar car (FT-86 II I think it was called) with the said engine swaps and mods. 800 or so BHP to rear wheels.

Anyway there were plenty of various "illegal" mods that were available at the time. Engine swaps, hidden upgrades, fancy (and free) paint were just the beginning:
  • One could slam their cars to the ground so others can see the sparks coming out from the bottom, others made their sedan sort of car with raised suspension to look like it is some 4x4/SUV. Also making cars to do wheelies when they can't do it naturally.
  • There were as usual people with cars that did insane records (I would say they were the ones that made the whole modding scene look really bad) and with cars flying from just a small little bump on the road. Notably the same set of people were probably also most likely the same set of people that found the loopholes within the game. Refer to hacked civic or 3000hp civic.
  • There were mods that people did to make their cars become excessively wobbly that they would "glitch" into the track and all. This was probably running on the same basis as people were looking for loopholes on certain tracks like Circuit De La Sarthe where one could push their way into the "hidden area" for a bit.
  • There were people that embedded upgrades not allowable normally on a car. For instance a prototype car that did not allow any sort of engine or turbo add-ons were later bolted on to show that it has been modified through some other means. Of course with "hidden" bolt-on came with power increase, it was not like bolt-on gave nothing.
  • There were a few people that got hidden cars, many of which were DLC only cars that were either restricted to certain timeframe that were available and/or to certain countries that PD gave rights to. The US had Gamestop Fantasy Nascar and Schick Camaro, EU had that GT500 Jaguar XJ11 race car (?), Japanese players (not exactly sure) had access to (but cannot keep) Redbull X1 5G (which was a 5G sponsored X1 without fan enabled and a much lower HP car as opposed to Redbull X1). Such cars are not accessible through other means, say for instance if you got US copy of the game you cannot get the EU restricted car, and vice versa. Without illegally modding your game save.
  • Other hidden cars like Redbull X1 JP Flag (which was never released as it may have sparked some hatred - probably political hatred), body/wheel colour tester car (notably a fancy looking car).
  • Other accesses such as resetting car stats to 0km or whatever mileage one wants to set for instance (as a bid to circumvent engines being severely worn in that a new car is required). Locked paint chips (either for DLC or ones exclusively used on certain cars that do not give paint chip), Locked racing suits and helmets (mainly DLC) but also some hidden ones were later discovered including S. Vettel's head.
  • Hidden menus that one could do fancy stuff like LAN gaming (with other PS3 machines of course), changing of one's country flag, etc.
Some of these were fixed sometime around 2.12, 2.13 (and latter) patch (not all ironically).

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 03:05:48 »
@tux
But silly comparing fighter jet combat to F1 :p fighter jets don't fly inches appart from one another :p and LOL ejector seats?! Haha imagine Marks crash at Valencia if he fired out of his car as it was flipping over :p
I think the tires would make the x1 either impossible to race or impossible to long distance race because of the physics involved, it's only in recent years that tire technology has been able to give f1 tires that last and so now they are having to artificially limit there performance.

But yeah I'm not in favor of a prototype just because of the logistics, you'd end up with these insane unreliable cars that are vastly diffrent from each other, were the only limit is money.. Making the richest teams the fastest which is the exact opposite of what the FIA and FOA want as it makes the sport dull. Also you wouldn't have the likes of Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and Kimmi driving these PF1 cars because there wouldn't be enough money and it's not F1 so you'd end up with 2nd tier drivers... And we've all seen the problems that can cause just with an F1 car lol

And I remember what it was called, the x2014 is equipped with active suspension, similar to the one Williams used before 1994.

Oh and:

Show Image

I am not really comparing X1 to a fighter plane. I am only saying the same set of technologies from a fighter plane could have been used if need be to save the drivers life. Afterall, do you seriously think that the window/door design on X1/Caparo T1 was originally from other inspirations and not from a modern fighter plane?  :p

Ok maybe the idea of ejector seats needs more polishing but hey, do you think there really is any other ways to save a human's life at high speed crashes? The short answer is always no but I am sure there are no better solution than to implement ejector seats and/or with computers that would sense collision it would bail the drivers out prior to death. Otherwise the simple other solution would have been to limit the capabilities of F1 so that fatal crashes can be avoided but again ludicrous. Think of a solution better than ejection seats in which currently F1 has no safety systems (no airbag, no ejection seats) for high speed crashes.  ;D

Tyre scenario isn't entirely impossible, it is just no better solution has been found in the meantime because nobody would have wanted to dug into "forbidden" technology which is probably miles ahead of current modern racing machines.

Not saying you had to pull in famous stars into PF1 races. though yes from what I can understand (from afar) is that F1 has been nothing more than expensive and exotic race cars which still requires one to have lots of money to invest in. That said there are loads of large car manufacturers pouring their money into F1 for instance. If money were ever an issue with these large manufacturers I am sure they wouldn't have also thought about participating even with prototype Le Mans cars. Think of it from a different point of view.  :))

Heh rubbing GT6 in eh?  :p I was just a moment ago adding some links to my other response when I got distracted by GT6 on youtube. I saw some videos but meh.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 03:25:35 »
Actually the x1 canopy is taken from a fighter jet and the FIA has looked into adding that style of canopy into f1 aswel as well covers over the top of the tires on saftey grounds as twice in the last few years drivers (including Alonso) almost had there hands ripped off by other cars crashing over the top of them (see Spa 2012).

And F1 cars crazy safe and have some of the best protection out there, you only have to look at some 'recent' high speed crashes to see that; Marks flip were he flipped his RedBull at over 200mph and walked out of the car as soon as it stopped, Spa last year were there was a 100mph+ crash involving 5-6 cars were every driver walked away without even a scratch. And then some years back Kubica's crash in Canada were he hit two concrete walls and rolled his car several times only to suffer minor injuries. Then similar saftey technology is used for the LMP cars, look at McNish's crash in 2011 and Ant Davidons last year (also good examples of why you can't have two leagues racing with F1 cars :P) and they either walked away or suffered minor injuries.. Compared with similar or much less severe crashes from the 70-80s

Airbags are meaningless for an f1 car because the driver is strapped in and cannot move, an airbag would only hinder the driver getting out and more often than not burst due to CF fragments etc.

And yeah GT6 is great!! ^^

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 04:19:30 »
Actually the x1 canopy is taken from a fighter jet and the FIA has looked into adding that style of canopy into f1 aswel as well covers over the top of the tires on saftey grounds as twice in the last few years drivers (including Alonso) almost had there hands ripped off by other cars crashing over the top of them (see Spa 2012).

And F1 cars crazy safe and have some of the best protection out there, you only have to look at some 'recent' high speed crashes to see that; Marks flip were he flipped his RedBull at over 200mph and walked out of the car as soon as it stopped, Spa last year were there was a 100mph+ crash involving 5-6 cars were every driver walked away without even a scratch. And then some years back Kubica's crash in Canada were he hit two concrete walls and rolled his car several times only to suffer minor injuries. Then similar saftey technology is used for the LMP cars, look at McNish's crash in 2011 and Ant Davidons last year (also good examples of why you can't have two leagues racing with F1 cars :p ) and they either walked away or suffered minor injuries.. Compared with similar or much less severe crashes from the 70-80s

Airbags are meaningless for an f1 car because the driver is strapped in and cannot move, an airbag would only hinder the driver getting out and more often than not burst due to CF fragments etc.

And yeah GT6 is great!! ^^
So there has been some changes within FIA eh? still only measly amounts, I would still wonder how would the drivers be able to exit out of the crash if and when the canopy is added making the F1 cars a more closed top rather than open.

I saw some videos as you were talking about it, the crashes that I saw were fairly small compared to bigger ones. Sure I can agree to an extent that maybe the construction of the frames has hardened over regulations on safety along with several other safety features added. I must also admit that it is not like there has been no changes over the course for a F1 racing driver to take in order to be eligible to race in F1. Notably the bulk of it comes from experience. That said the crashes would have also as a result seemed less fatal than that of other motorsport races. I am at a loss when talking about F1, thanks for pointing at my weakness.  :))

Yes I know airbags are meaningless, I was looking into ways of making you suggest an idea apart from the ludicruous option of ejection seats that I suggested.  :p

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 04:55:06 »
I don't think canopies would hinder drivers escaping cars, LMP drivers manage.. But it would detract a lot from the sport. One of the nice things about f1 is that you can see the drivers driving and see there helmets which helps fans build bonds with there fav drivers.

Would Senna's iconic helmet have stood the test of time if his cars had canopies

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 04:56:07 »
ALSO X2014 challenges coming in a free update today!!!!! >.<

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 07:08:07 by baldgye »

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 05:45:55 »
I don't think canopies would hinder drivers escaping cars, LMP drivers manage.. But it would detract a lot from the sport. One of the nice things about f1 is that you can see the drivers driving and see there helmets which helps fans build bonds with there fav drivers.

Would Senna's iconic helmet have stood the test of time if his cars had canopies

I guess only time will tell how the canopies are to be deployed on F1. The idea is really nice however should it be anything like X1 which seems to be electro-hydraulically controlled. I can imagine escaping out of one in the event of electronics failure would be nasty. Though again time will tell.

Also I guess there maybe ways to identify drivers apart from their racing helmets. I can understand how racing helmets are useful to identify one driver from another but even if canopies were to be incorporated surely there will be some better way to somehow illuminate colourful colours on the edges of canopies to signify which driver is driving the vehicle. Either that or maybe illuminated words (like how the words S. Vettel is printed on the side of say X1, that would be illuminated when he S. Vettel is driving it). Again time will tell how it will pan out when and if canopies do get introduced.

ALSO X2014 challenges coming in a free update today!!!!! >.<
Since when were the updates were never free on GT5?  :p if anything it was the certain DLC stuff but they're extras. Haha I wonder has PD yet again played ball of "favouritisms". Pre-orders gets fancy GT500 Stealth/Chrome Line cars and maybe even (again) country specific cars. Also with special events like GT Academy gets GT Academy cars with special dress-up and tune-ups.

I am sure that if such things exist it may once again prompt old GT5 hackers to play cat-and-mouse game all over again. Speaking of which I should probably pay a visit to that old forum where loopholes were published.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。