Author Topic: Suggestion for a (preferably) wireless, light-weight, right-hand mouse?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline ctbear

The mouse I use at work (Kana) decided to die randomly and now I need a new one. As expected I won't be playing games with it but I have always used gaming mouses for comfort and tracking. I admit I haven't paid attention to other offerings though.
With that said, can anyone suggest a mouse that is designed for right hands and is comfortable? I would like it to be wireless but it is not a straight up requirement. For reference I really like the shape of the Sensei and find the DA a little bit too "fat" and "tall".

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Suggestion for a (preferably) wireless, light-weight, right-hand mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:52:00 »
All the wireless mice I've used are heavy due to the battery, I don't think a comparatively lightweight one exists.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:54:08 »
Well, the Sensei is ambidextrous, not right-handed, so maybe that's what you're looking for? There's the Razer Orochi, which is wireless, ambidextrous and small. The problem with wireless is that they won't really be lightweight compared to corded mice due to the battery, but you could also give the RAT M a try.

You could take a look at my writeup and see if that's any help, although I'm afraid there's not all that much in terms of size and weight comparisons. Maybe that's a good idea for an update.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:04:53 »
Well, the Sensei is ambidextrous, not right-handed, so maybe that's what you're looking for? There's the Razer Orochi, which is wireless, ambidextrous and small. The problem with wireless is that they won't really be lightweight compared to corded mice due to the battery, but you could also give the RAT M a try.

You could take a look at my writeup and see if that's any help, although I'm afraid there's not all that much in terms of size and weight comparisons. Maybe that's a good idea for an update.

I have the gen-1 Orochi and while it worked well, it was too small for my hand. I am looking for a right-handed mouse this time despite what the Sensei is (in other words, I would love a right-handed Sensei  :D)
Like I said, I would prefer a wireless mouse but that not a requirement.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:09:48 »

I have the gen-1 Orochi and while it worked well, it was too small for my hand. I am looking for a right-handed mouse this time despite what the Sensei is (in other words, I would love a right-handed Sensei  :D)

I think the new SS Rival is about the closest to a right-handed Sensei you'll get atm, if you don't like the DA. I'd suggest the G400s, but I think that's too similar to the DA to be of interest to you.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:51:24 »

I think the new SS Rival is about the closest to a right-handed Sensei you'll get atm, if you don't like the DA. I'd suggest the G400s, but I think that's too similar to the DA to be of interest to you.

Thanks, I will take a look (and your thread).
Do you happen to have any non-gaming mouse suggestions?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:58:29 »

Thanks, I will take a look (and your thread).
Do you happen to have any non-gaming mouse suggestions?

A trackball or rollermouse? Maybe the Evoluent or Anker vertical mice? There really aren't a whole lot of office mice worth noting, most are just bland shovelware. The Logitech Performance MX is one of the few mice designed for office use that's actually had some effort put into it, but it doesn't live up to its predecessor from what I've heard.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 17:08:14 »
Hmm, if you really like the shape of the Sensei, why are you looking specifically for a right-handed mouse?

Anyway, if you were happy with your kana the Kana v2 might be interesting. The Zowie FK also has a shape like the Sensei, though lower and a bit different. If you want a more ergonomically shaped mouse the G400s is probably a decent option. Many people like the shape of these Logitech mice and the G400s is an good mouse. Roccat Kone pure is another one that comes to mind.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline ctbear

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 17:50:31 »
Hmm, if you really like the shape of the Sensei, why are you looking specifically for a right-handed mouse?

Anyway, if you were happy with your kana the Kana v2 might be interesting. The Zowie FK also has a shape like the Sensei, though lower and a bit different. If you want a more ergonomically shaped mouse the G400s is probably a decent option. Many people like the shape of these Logitech mice and the G400s is an good mouse. Roccat Kone pure is another one that comes to mind.

I like the overall shape of the Sensei, but being ambidextrous it is not the most comfortable thing for my ring finger and my pinky. I can imagine a right-handed version of the Sensei be very comfortable for my hand.
The Logitech G500s looks very good to me - I guess I should take a trip to Bestbuy and try it out myself.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 18:01:48 »
I have a Wireless Scope Node for sale. It's pretty much for claw users if you are into that.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 20:02:17 »
I have a Wireless Scope Node for sale. It's pretty much for claw users if you are into that.

Not really interested, but thanks anyways.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 19:51:13 »
Update:

I eventually decided to get the Zowie ec2 evo cl. Everything just feels fantastic, I wish I have tried Zowie earlier.
Size wise its comparable to the Sensei (just a tab bit shorter), and fits my hand just right. I have moderately sweaty hands and the coating provides more than enough grip. The buttons requires a tiny bit more force to activate, which is great (I always think the Sensei buttons are a little too easy to press). The only thing I will miss are the two sides buttons on the right, which I map to page up/down.
Hopefully this helps other people with similar requirements  :D

Also I am having trouble with it on a soft Hien (red). The cursor is jumping all over the place if I move the mouse fast. Is it normal for this combination?
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2013, 20:08:42 by ctbear »