Author Topic: Leopold 200R White-White spacebar  (Read 4550 times)

Offline SUPER432

Leopold 200R White-White spacebar
« on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:44:03 »
Apologies in advance - I swear I tried to search!

I bought a blank set of white keycaps from WASD (it's a brilliant white, not beige/off-white-ish like the original keycaps). Love it - except the spacebar doesn't fit, which I knew in advance.

Anyone have pointers as to where I can acquire a spacebar in this color to fit my 200R? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
Re: Leopold 200R White-White spacebar
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:48:20 »
Whats wrong with the spacebar?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:51:01 »
what size is it?

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:10:19 »
fc200r has universal spacebar, i think EK sellings
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 22:28:54 »
Sorry, some pics would probably help.

The spacebar on the keyboard is original from Leopold. The extra is from the WASD set. They're also different colors - WASD a very bright white, and Leopold a beige/offwhite.

As you can see from the second pic, the stabilizer markups don't match. Does anyone sell a spacebar that would fit my 200R in the same white as the WASD one?

Much appreciated for the fast responses guys!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 02:39:05 »
Oh damn thats going to be hard to find a replacement.

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:19:57 »
there you go :)) but only black colors :)
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=sb_u2
maybe you should paint it
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:25:07 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:50:22 »
Mmm yeah no paint, don't want black, specifically asking if anyone knows if there's a white-white spacebar to fit the 200R. Doesn't seem to exist unfortunately!

Would love for someone to please me wrong.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:39:51 »
Keycool also used same stem spacing as Leopold initially. I have seen separate spacebar available for them on taobao in the past. Keycool white is also brighter, but I am not sure it will be exact match.

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 13:59:12 »
Keycool also used same stem spacing as Leopold initially. I have seen separate spacebar available for them on taobao in the past. Keycool white is also brighter, but I am not sure it will be exact match.

Man, thanks! Now to see if I can get my hands on one.

Offline Suichoy

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 17:54:21 »
I was able to adapt a Banggood PBT spacebar to put on my Leopold FC200R using a mod that is mentioned briefly in a few threads (and also in Ripster's image guide). Using an x-acto knife, I isolated the stem from two spare QFR keycaps. I then sanded down the original stems inside the spacebar. I placed the isolated QFR stems on the cherry stabilizers, flattened a sizeable ball of epoxy putty on each sanded area of the spacebar, and pressed the spacebar onto the stems, adjusting until the spacebar was flat. I'm not sure that the mod will hold if I try to remove the spacebar but it works! It is, however, time intensive so I would not do it again but I'm glad this fix exists.

EDIT: And AFAIK, the Banggood keycaps are Keycool keycaps. The spacebar is "universal", as in it has 4 stems, but none of them fit Leopold FC200.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2013, 18:15:55 by Suichoy »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 18:12:24 »
You should check if the stems in this spacebar fit your board. It is 7 bucks shipped. And it also comes in white only  :) .

Offline SUPER432

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 23:13:05 »
I was able to adapt a Banggood PBT spacebar to put on my Leopold FC200R using a mod that is mentioned briefly in a few threads (and also in Ripster's image guide). Using an x-acto knife, I isolated the stem from two spare QFR keycaps. I then sanded down the original stems inside the spacebar. I placed the isolated QFR stems on the cherry stabilizers, flattened a sizeable ball of epoxy putty on each sanded area of the spacebar, and pressed the spacebar onto the stems, adjusting until the spacebar was flat. I'm not sure that the mod will hold if I try to remove the spacebar but it works! It is, however, time intensive so I would not do it again but I'm glad this fix exists.

EDIT: And AFAIK, the Banggood keycaps are Keycool keycaps. The spacebar is "universal", as in it has 4 stems, but none of them fit Leopold FC200.

Good info, thanks!

You should check if the stems in this spacebar fit your board. It is 7 bucks shipped. And it also comes in white only  :) .

Ahh, so close! Distance between stems on mine is 80mm

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 23:15:06 »

Good info, thanks!

Ahh, so close! Distance between stems on mine is 80mm

Sorry about that pal. I hope you find it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 04:38:56 »

I have a KeyCool 87, the space bar has the two extra universal stems on either side, but only one centre stem that is compatible with Filco, Ducky etc.

Pictures here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43143.msg920703#msg920703
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Attack

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 06:30:08 »
You can get one here. http://keycapsdirect.com/key-capsinventory.php
Get the white universal spacebar, it fit mine.
DCS - 6.2 UNIT UNIVERSAL SPACEBAR - WHITE (WFK)