Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 869 times)

Offline Tactile

Hello to all
« on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 21:30:59 »
I've been away from mechanical keyboards for a few years, but now I'm back & happy to find other folks with the same obsession.

I currently have a trusty Model M 1391401 (grey logo, 1991) and a newer blue logo which isn't working. It was given to me & I haven't yet opened it up to find the problem. I also have a CM Rapid with browns on the way.

I''m a trackball fan, also, & currently have a Kensington Expert mouse,  a Logitech M570 (they screwed it up shifting the buttons slightly in order to add the back/forward buttons), & an Itac Industrial Mouse Trak (my second Itac, the first was an Evolution).

I'll end with a story...

Around the turn of the century I went into a surplus sales place. Everything from oil filters to ic's. Boxes of rubber balls, row upon row of electric motors, anything you can imagine. They had a huge box of keyboards. Every keyboard they had was in that box - PC keyboards, terminal keyboards, POS keyboards - all of them with cords tangled together.

I dug for an hour or so & came up with four Model M keyboards & as many keycaps as I could find by scraping the bottom of the box. Two of the keyboards were in pretty bad shape with broken cases (I don't know how hard you'd have to hit one of those to break the case) & one actually had a chunk broken out of the case.

I got them home and swapped the existing keys to each one to have a full set so I could test them. Every key in every keyboard worked. Really an astounding keyboard.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here.
REΛLFORCE

Offline regack

Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 21:33:26 »
Welcome, and happy new year!