Author Topic: DayZ Standalone Discussion  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Asininity

DayZ Standalone Discussion
« on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 19:41:00 »

Standalone

I searched for a thread and couldn't find one for the DayZ standalone, and thus here it is.

Discussion anything DayZ Standalone related  :thumb:.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 00:59:26 by Asininity »

Offline Snigeln

Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 19:47:12 »
I bought it straight away just to support them.

It's FULL of bugs but it might be nice later on! :p

"Snig" on Steam if anyone wants to play
HHKB Pro JP Ducky Mini Ducky G2Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:12:30 »
My buddy was complaining about it, so I bought it to see what's up

I've accumulated 20-odd hours on it, it's pretty fun.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 22:02:11 »
I got it. It's no doubt buggy, but already looks more promising than the mod!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Asininity

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 22:11:42 »
We should do a Geekhack play.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 22:35:03 »
I played it a bit, but frankly it is way to buggy at this point.

Me and my friends have only died from stairs and resets. Every third server you join will wipe your character clean upon spawning. Lots of items don't work and hacking is prominent. Item spawn doesn't work currently either as the servers have to do that manually by restarting the servers. The zombies are far weaker, very rare and can't run at all. I almost had to buy a second copy at one point because of the  common no-clipping. I ended up in the backroom of a church with no way in or out. You can't respawn characters in SA, and none of my teammates could kill me. My character was trapped with no possibility of release. You can't even discard a character once logged out from the server. My two options where to buy a second license and thus a new character or contact rocket and try to make him respawn me. Luckily cheats still work so that character could be saved. I am aware that it is an alpha, but it is not even close  to the state the dayz mod was in when it was in alpha. Once they have fixed:

Fix rampant hacking and cheating
Add item spawn
Make zombies common
Make zombies faster and into any sort of threat whatsoever
Fix stairs
Fix the join server/wipe character bug
Fix the clipping through walls, both with players and zombies
Fixed the greyed out respawn button which alleviates some problems in case of bugs
Add possibility to build camps, buildings, cars etc
Add quests

Once all of the above have been done have they managed to make it equal to the current state of the mod. I'd stick to Dayz Epoch until they have at least managed reach it in terms of features. In order to get people to switch over, they need to provide something which the mod doesn't and as it stands, it appears they are at least a year away from even coming close to the mod. I wonder what he did during the entire year the project was delayed to send it that far behind the mod.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 00:04:04 »
I sunk probably 100 hours into the Arma 2 mod so I've been thinking about getting standalone. Rust has taken up all my free time lately, though.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 00:08:46 »
Had 9 hours logged into my character, had enough food and meds to last days, felt ballsy enough to grab a gun, turned the top of the stairs to some guy just waiting for me. Pop pop pop "you are dead" -_-
sell out and eat ass

Offline Blusey

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:33:57 »
Standalone is brilliant. Very very few hackers but mostly it's legit. Played with a few friends for god knows how many hours and some of the fun at Balota airport and running around with melee weapons are insane haha.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 05:42:36 »
Had 9 hours logged into my character, had enough food and meds to last days, felt ballsy enough to grab a gun, turned the top of the stairs to some guy just waiting for me. Pop pop pop "you are dead" -_-

That's a pretty good run, I've only been watching streamers play as I didn't find much enjoyment from the mod, except for the non pvp and random map servers. But I like the new way zombies spawn, it makes getting equipment a lot more fun and kinda forces more pvp play.

I've not got it yet as I'm kinda waiting for the game to have a usable UI lol

Offline 127001

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 08:38:25 »
Bought it to just support the guys as well. The mod is more feature rich but the the standalone seems really promising.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:42:05 »
I went ahead and bought it to see what they've done. It's improved soooo much since the mod. Zombies are much better all around (though they still need work, I have been pushed through walls by zombies multiple times), and in general more depth has been added to everything, especially with drinking, eating, and healing. Content is lacking (no vehicles, 5 or 6 guns in all), but it is an alpha, after all.

Offline Blusey

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 11:26:57 »
I went ahead and bought it to see what they've done. It's improved soooo much since the mod. Zombies are much better all around (though they still need work, I have been pushed through walls by zombies multiple times), and in general more depth has been added to everything, especially with drinking, eating, and healing. Content is lacking (no vehicles, 5 or 6 guns in all), but it is an alpha, after all.
Yeah the revolvers just come out, and new stuffs planned but they wanna focus on the small things before Vehicles etc haha :P

Offline Asininity

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:49:30 »
Well, I finally bought the game and I'm prepared to sink countless hours into it.

If anyone wants to play, my Steam is Asininity.

Anyone interested in possibly doing a GH DayZ group?

Offline Av180

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:03:28 »
I enjoy it a lot. Play it with my irl friend, but he has lost a little bit of interest in it and it is not very fun playing solo so I haven't played it much in this past week.

KMAC 62g Clear
Poker 2 Stock Red
Leopold FC200RE Stock Clear

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:38:32 »
Bug-Y sitalone? Cool. How many people still care about that? 9 major gaming youtubers that wouldn't wanna buy Arma II to scream at each other for ages and having no idea what happens? but srsly doe, it's old now.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline oNinjaDispatcho

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:13:54 »
Rust is good too. Different game, but similar idea. PVP survival with zombies. It is much more focused on crafting though. I usually describe it being somewhere between DayZ and Minecraft.

Both great games. If you're looking for people to play with, hit me up. My buddies and I play all the time. Mostly Rust atm.
QFR Mx Reds

Offline Asininity

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 00:51:35 »
I've been really enjoying DayZ, for the most post. One of my most recent frustrations was when I was attacked while raiding the airfield. I got into a small firefight while inside of the control tower and after running out of ammo I scrambled up the ladder to the very top of the roof, to see if my enemy would be foolish enough to climb up the ladder into my axe. Somehow he managed to shoot through the floor and into me. I succumbed to my wounds and died. They need to work on the penetration physics. There's no way a gunshot, much less a shotgun blast, would be able to go through a foot of reinforced concrete.

Other than that, server issues, a character wipe, several completely random deaths (one time I was thrown off the top of a power station and died) it's been a good deal of fun. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming updates.

Here's a picture of a friend and I goofing around before we hit the airbase. Needless to say... neither of made it out. Killed in cold blood. The wasteland is a unforgiving cruel place.

I'm still interested in setting up a sort of Geekhack DayZ clan. Oh, I sent you a friend request on Steam oNinjaDispatcho.

Offline hehenri

Re: DayZ Standalone Discussion
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 09:34:46 »
I'm tired on playing Standalone because of all bugs and hackers etc.

Have anyone tried Arma 3: Breaking Point? Is it worth trying?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:38:27 »
Yeah it's a real shame they couldn't actually make this work properly... and seeing the lead guy walk away from it pretty much encompasses that...

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:09:11 »
Girlfriend gifted me it on Steam. Buzzed. Played it. The FPS drops pissed me off hugely.

Waiting on h1z1. Looks awesome.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:32:42 »

I played it a bunch with friends around the time it came out. I can't speak for its current state, but it was alright. I would consider it to be roughly on par with DayZ, though it does lack some of the more in depth survival aspects and suffers from Arma 3's poor inventory system.  I prefer DayZ overall mainly because I find Altis to be a really boring environment.

I've recently turned to Battle Royale for Arma 3 because it offers intense PVP action just like DayZ or Breaking Point, but it is faster paced and lacks the horribly broken zombie system of both other mods.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:36:46 by ComradeSniper »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 02:05:20 »
Girlfriend gifted me it on Steam. Buzzed. Played it. The FPS drops pissed me off hugely.

Waiting on h1z1. Looks awesome.
I think H1Z1 is going to be the zombie/survival game we've all hoped for...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Mr.Tumor

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 10:16:07 »
I wanna plays with youz guys... my steam is... MR.TUMOR...add me...  I/we the tinytumors clan play dayz arma 3 /mods diablo lol and many more games.. also we have a ventrilo ... so if youz guys wanna has some fun hit me up in steam and ill shoot you the vent if you want ....LETS PLAAYYYY!!!!!

pewpew
Mr.Tumor
Ducky zero dk2108s  OMG

Offline Laiyo

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 10:22:53 »

A3 Breaking Point is fun yet very buggy. Some people complain about the launcher being buggy and corrupting game files once in a while. Also the zombies in BP don't always attack nor respawn, so there you go :) It is another mod in development...

Looking forward to see if H1Z1 can live up to the hype, the idea of huge MMO servers is certainly attractive as long as FPS performance can be guaranteed.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 11:15:43 »
...and suffers from Arma 3's poor inventory system.

I've never had any problems with the new inventory system? I think it's far better than A2s.

I played DayZ SA for a bit (7 hours) but had huge motion sickness issues with it - which I don't have in any other game. I assume it were the constant frame drops. I also played a lot of the mod before.
I prefer normal short A3 missions with friends (which I usually script myself) or some of the other PVP modes for now.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 15:42:42 »
...and suffers from Arma 3's poor inventory system.

I've never had any problems with the new inventory system? I think it's far better than A2s.

I played DayZ SA for a bit (7 hours) but had huge motion sickness issues with it - which I don't have in any other game. I assume it were the constant frame drops. I also played a lot of the mod before.
I prefer normal short A3 missions with friends (which I usually script myself) or some of the other PVP modes for now.

It's much better than A2's, but I still find DayZ's to be more intuitive. My main issue is that there's no indication of the capacity of a certain gear item until you start putting stuff inside it. Also, the weapon attachment system bugs me, mainly that there is only one "rail" attachment slot on each gun, so I couldn't have both a flashlight and an IR laser on a gun if I wanted to, or something like that. Similarly, a lack of headgear slots means that I can't wear, for example, a shemagh and goggles/glasses at the same time because they both occupy the same slot. Not big problems, but stuff that could definitely use some polishing.

Have you tried Task Force Radio? Even when doing small missions with friends I think it adds a lot to the experience with the proximity voice system.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 15:53:12 »
It's much better than A2's, but I still find DayZ's to be more intuitive. My main issue is that there's no indication of the capacity of a certain gear item until you start putting stuff inside it. Also, the weapon attachment system bugs me, mainly that there is only one "rail" attachment slot on each gun, so I couldn't have both a flashlight and an IR laser on a gun if I wanted to, or something like that. Similarly, a lack of headgear slots means that I can't wear, for example, a shemagh and goggles/glasses at the same time because they both occupy the same slot. Not big problems, but stuff that could definitely use some polishing.

Have you tried Task Force Radio? Even when doing small missions with friends I think it adds a lot to the experience with the proximity voice system.

Ah yes, all good points. I would have liked that the Flashlights and stuff on the helmets were functional - IR strobes etc. would be neat.

Yes, I like it alot. Apart from that I also often use Babe's Textures, JSRS and VTS Weaponresting. Especially VTS is something that Vanilla lacks.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 18:55:11 »

Ah yes, all good points. I would have liked that the Flashlights and stuff on the helmets were functional - IR strobes etc. would be neat.

Yes, I like it alot. Apart from that I also often use Babe's Textures, JSRS and VTS Weaponresting. Especially VTS is something that Vanilla lacks.

Yeah, ACE for Arma 2 allowed you to put an IR strobe on your uniform, I'd really like to see something like that in A3.

I'm running a ton of uniform & weapon mods because I found the stock ones fairly lacking. The game definitely becomes a lot more fun with some mods.

Offline mauri

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 14:33:09 »
DayZ is why I have trust issues..

I've been hurt too many times before.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline hehenri

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 15:31:01 »
Breaking Point is AWESOME! There have to happen a LOT if I ever go back to standalone..