Author Topic: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse......  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse......
« on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:26:58 »
Could this be the next BEST wireless released for this year?

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mice/1304650/ces-2014-steelseries-sensei-wireless-the-latest-gaming-mouse-to-cut-the-cord

and more info from their site;

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei-wireless

I never thought I would like wireless at all but I'm now looking to change my mind with this new beauty.  You do get sick of being tethered to a cord on a constant basis, maybe this baby will be finally worth to own.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:28:54 by Elrick »

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Re: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse......
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:31:10 »
The aluminium docking is beautiful :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 22:11:47 »
The aluminium docking is beautiful :D

Real work of art this time  :thumb: .  But this baby has quite a price tag attached, I suspect it goes with the quality material this unit now has.

Since this is their first model being wireless (don't know if that's true) they went all out to pitch a first rate input device for everyone to use, just wish it was more suited for us righties.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:01:42 »
This is going to be like in the "indulgent" category; not even close to be worth the cost, but if you get a good deal or decide to indulge and pay the hefty price tag, you most likely won't regret it.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:33:23 »
SteelSeries and the Sensei used to be my favorite mouse until it failed after 9 months of heavy use (laser sensor failed). After more than 3 months after I sent it back, countless emails and crappy support did I receive a replacement Sensei mouse. Myself I have now lost my faith in Steelseries products or more importantly their lack of customer support. Lucky for me I had some Razers (DA and a Tiapan) to fall back on and realize they are not bad mice at all and the Tiapan is now my #1 choice. The moral to my Steelseries story is it could happen to you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:43:55 »
I think I'm in love.

It's probably gonna cost too much, though.

Got my Sensei RAW for the reduced Japanese price (of like $50 and the price of a trip to Japan...), and my Sensei as a refurb for $35 (got it like a week ago, love it more than the RAW). This is probably gonna be over $100, which is almost too much for me.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 17:34:37 »
I think I'm in love.

It's probably gonna cost too much, though.

Got my Sensei RAW for the reduced Japanese price (of like $50 and the price of a trip to Japan...), and my Sensei as a refurb for $35 (got it like a week ago, love it more than the RAW). This is probably gonna be over $100, which is almost too much for me.
its closer to 200 when u include shipping :/

Visit the Typing Test and try![/sigpic]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 17:44:34 »
That's almost too much for a mouse.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:21:20 »
That's almost too much for a mouse.

Almost in the REAL world but not here on Geekhack, that's only the starting price when you consider the cost of a brand new mouse pad, desk - to put the rodent onto and quite possibly a whole new PC as well  :thumb: .

For a new mouse there must be a new PC built to spec, for that device to operate effectively.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 11:56:31 »
Oh f**k me. I thought I was over my Sensei and ambidextrous mice in general. But this..

this..

... is absolutely GORGEOUS. It is a must-have. DAMN YOU ELRICK.

Offline lilky

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 12:20:09 »
If Steelseries would just update their sensor, their mice would be perfect...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 17:30:20 »
If Steelseries would just update their sensor, their mice would be perfect...

What's wrong with the sensor? I quite like the one in mine...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:54:20 »
... is absolutely GORGEOUS. It is a must-have. DAMN YOU ELRICK.

My thoughts exactly.  Don't worry buddy I can make room for you easily down here because us rodent lovers have a special place in Hell, where we torture ourselves forever on what mice to own and play with, knowing all to well something better will always come along to replace them  8) .

Although this wireless has definitely got me interested in cutting the cable once and for all......

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 14:08:56 »
I still haven't met a wireless mouse that didn't bug the ever living crap out of me (even on so-called "lag-free" mice, it still feels off). If they can truly make a gaming grade optical wireless mouse with decent ergonomics and build quality, I just might be set.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 17:00:32 »
If they can truly make a gaming grade optical wireless mouse with decent ergonomics and build quality, I just might be set.

We just need to wait to see what they'll be using in the sensor department, because SteelSeries is well known to release details then change their minds later on when it's finally released.

If it can use an optical/laser sensor of note then it might be an actual winner for them.  Most current wireless rodents almost exclusively use 'laser' sensors (unless someone can show me one that doesn't have it).
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 17:03:22 by Elrick »

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 15:54:29 »
SteelSeries and the Sensei used to be my favorite mouse until it failed after 9 months of heavy use (laser sensor failed).
I'm sorry to hear that.

My experience with the Sensi Raw have been really good, for me, personally. It's a perfect blend of aesthetics and performance for daily use and gaming; love the rubberized finish, too.
I have the Siberia V2 headset as well, and while they aren't earth shattering, they have held up well.

But I have to echo your sentiments about their customer service: it is absolutely deplorable. I made the mistake of ordering directly from their website, and they didn't actually ship my order until I hounded them for an answer as to why I didn't receive tracking (3 weeks later). My worst experience ordering PC peripherals, by far.

Offline jufa

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 17:00:11 »
I have used the sensei, and I will also try this cool wireless version  ;)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 01:31:07 »
The Sensei is definitely my favorite laser mouse, for sure. If this new one has a better sensor in it, then it's a no-brainer for me.

Offline geekhead

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 03:36:06 »
that is gorgeous but the price ouch!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 03:50:38 »
16hrs battery life... I know it's a gaming mouse, but my logitech on eneloop goes strong after 8 months!

something in between?