Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 1337 times)

Offline rekahsoft

Hi all!
« on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 21:55:04 »
Hi there everyone! I just joined a few days ago. I've been a keyboard enthusiast ever since i bought my HHKB2 a year or two ago. I recently got a Ducky shine DK9087S3 shich is pretty sweet :) anyways i've been lurking for too long so i though i'd just drop a line..i'll submit some pics in the near future :)

Offline spuriousgeorge

Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 22:19:04 »
Hey there, rekahsoft!

I'm new here too and looking to buy my first mechanical. Have been considering topre switches, but as they cost a pretty penny, I've been trying to gather more information on them before buying. Would love to get your thoughts on the HHKB2.

Thanks and welcome!

Spurious George

Offline dram

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 00:40:06 »
What's up, rekahsoft, welcome =]

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 00:41:59 »
So many new people in this thread.

Welcome guys~
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline rekahsoft

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 01:50:12 »
Hey there, rekahsoft!

I'm new here too and looking to buy my first mechanical. Have been considering topre switches, but as they cost a pretty penny, I've been trying to gather more information on them before buying. Would love to get your thoughts on the HHKB2.

Thanks and welcome!

Spurious George

As far as the HHKB2 and topre switches..they won't let you down! They are my favourite typing experience. I have a ducky shine 3 tenkeyless and a HHKB2 as i mentioned in my original post. So comparing the two of them i find the HHKB smoother. I also kinda enjoy how it takes a little less force to actuate the keys on the HHKB (45g vs 50g on the blue cherry switch). One pain with the topre switch is finding keycaps is a little challenging. Overall it all depends on how much you wan't to sink into a keyboard.Personally i love my HHKB and would recommend it to anyone! You could also look at the realforce tenkeyless boards (they have been on my wishlist for a while now :P). Or elitekeyboards now has the typehaven keyboards which are afforable topre switch mechanical keyboards. Anyawys cheers and let me know what you end up going with :)

Also here is a low-res image of my keyboards i shot with my phone.  Nothing fancy all stock. 50453-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 January 2014, 01:56:24 by rekahsoft »

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 03:45:20 »
Thanks for the advice and the pics, rekahsoft!

The 87-key Realforces are so tempting, but that price, I just don't know. Wish they made the Typeheaven in a tenkeyless. Will post pics and a little review whenever I get what I end up getting.

Cheers,

SG