Author Topic: Quick HH question  (Read 1992 times)

Offline lam47

Quick HH question
« on: Wed, 11 February 2009, 17:46:20 »
Do the spring rates vary across the board?
Are the ones in return and shift for example stiffer than in the character keys?

Im sure its not just me the keys seem to get firmer towards the middle of the board.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline fkeidjn

Quick HH question
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 February 2009, 00:11:24 »
If you mean HHKBP2, then according to xsphat, it's 45g (or newtons, not at the top of my head) force for each key.  The metal stabilizers on the larger keys should also be taken into consideration.
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Quick HH question
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 February 2009, 01:29:08 »
Quote from: fkeidjn;21494
If you mean HHKBP2, then according to xsphat, it's 45g

It says it that on the back of the box. All keys are 45g.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Quick HH question
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 February 2009, 01:46:12 »
Right there under "high quality key"

Offline lam47

Quick HH question
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 February 2009, 06:18:18 »
You know whats odd is that when I press the keys all with my index finger they all feel the same but on the home row my little finger seems to think that a and ;' etc are softer. I must just have strong pinky fingers.
Could be playing bass (big flat wound strings) and too much rockband :)
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3