Author Topic: USB cable for ITAC Mouse-trak trackball (USB to 6-pin 2-row 1.3cm socket)  (Read 2758 times)

Offline john566

After years of stepping on my ITAC Mouse-trak USB cable, it finally failed. I called ITAC for a replacement, but they refused to sell parts. I cut the cable, which terminates in a 6-pin 2-row 1.3 cm socket, and soldered the wires, and it's working fine. However, for long-term durability I would buy a replacement cable if I could find one.

Offline piglickjf

Re: USB cable for ITAC Mouse-trak trackball (USB to 6-pin 2-row 1.3cm socket)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 11:22:03 »
What types of applications do you use this for?

I've seen this here and there on some sites, but I've never seen/read anything from anyone that actually uses one. Would you mind writing a quick "review" on it?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:51:09 »
I doubt they use all 6 pins. If you can figure out the pinout you might be able to use one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200294, with the advantage of easy cable replacement in the future.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 22:35:36 »
I called them once trying to see if they made them in different colors. They laughed and said for the right money they'd do whatever I wanted. Yea, I felt dirty.

I'd love to read a review with pics :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 09:09:14 »
After years of stepping on my ITAC Mouse-trak USB cable, it finally failed. I called ITAC for a replacement, but they refused to sell parts. I cut the cable, which terminates in a 6-pin 2-row 1.3 cm socket, and soldered the wires, and it's working fine. However, for long-term durability I would buy a replacement cable if I could find one.

I found these trackballs too slow and heavy. Do you use them in an office or an industrial environment?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 21:32:28 »
I found these trackballs too slow and heavy. Do you use them in an office or an industrial environment?

That's all the review I need….
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 09:03:57 »

I need only one finger for most trackballs. For Itac products, its min of three fingers and even that is tiring after hours.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 21:41:56 »

I need only one finger for most trackballs. For Itac products, its min of three fingers and even that is tiring after hours.

Agreed.