Author Topic: Batman Key Caps?  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Noble07

Batman Key Caps?
« on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 18:51:38 »
Hello. Are there any Batman key caps that can be illuminated via LED lighting?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Batman Key Caps?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 18:58:54 »
There are. If you buy a keycool 84 with backlighting they give you various superhero keycaps; Batman, Spiderman, Captain America and Superman. I am using my Batman one, but you could look in the classifieds to see if anyone is willing to sell theirs?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:13:24 »
Cool!  I didn't know that!

Found picture here: http://imgur.com/a/JAuWX
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:16:26 »
And here is mine :)

http://imgur.com/a/0m5YZ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:18:01 »
That's cool.... now I'm tempted to buy the keyboard for the batman cap and that keypuller!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:20:42 »
Well, for some reason, I have spoken to three different people who have bought KC 84s, and all three of them have had different stuff in their boxes, so you aren't guaranteed to get one.

I bought mine from intelligent-pro on ebay

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:24:36 »
I was going to say that my KeyCool 87 did not come with Batman keycaps, but then I realised that it is not backlit :))

Perhaps this is a different set of bonus keycaps depending on batch or vendor or country?

I don't recall having heard of them before.  Maybe something new?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:33:02 »
Lol ****in china... Bets on whether they have rights to those?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 20:54:41 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Noble07

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:10:17 »
thanks guys! Its unfortunate to see that there aren't any batman artisan keys :-(

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:22:01 »
thanks guys! Its unfortunate to see that there aren't any batman artisan keys :-(

Well making one and selling it would be borderline copywright infringement

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:22:48 »
i see you got tired of posting under Pac Caps eh?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:48:29 »
i see you got tired of posting under Pac Caps eh?
The only thing I'm tired of is your constant bickering.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:59:53 »
A cut away steel batarang cap would be tits.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 05:12:53 »

Clack sells Darth Vader. Is that not copyright infringement? I'm pretty sure you can just market it as "time spent". You're not selling the IP, you're selling your own time spent creating something.

Offline BakerMan1971

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:09:02 »
My Keycool 87 II came with the superhero caps, btw the R is Robin :) I know some think it looks like the Keycool k

Different keycool boards do have different accessories, the rainbow came with an extra red ESC Key, Purple WASD keys and Blue Arrow Keys, with keypuller and those slidy in key isolators, extra stabilizer components too if I remember correctly (gave it as a Christmas present)

anyway great keyboards, especially if you are as tight with your dosh as me :)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:12:50 »
I have a batman logo keycap from qwerkeys

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 09:04:06 »

Why hasn't anyone mentioned IMSTO yet?

Aluminum batarang here

edit: looks like they're out of stock at the moment, but IMSTO might be ordering more?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 09:11:49 by Wildcard »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:08:43 »

Clack sells Darth Vader. Is that not copyright infringement? I'm pretty sure you can just market it as "time spent". You're not selling the IP, you're selling your own time spent creating something.

I wouldn't say he exactly sells them, like a regular line or anything - he did make a few, a very few, like about 4 or something.

Offline nrd

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 12:54:38 »

Why hasn't anyone mentioned IMSTO yet?

Aluminum batarang here

edit: looks like they're out of stock at the moment, but IMSTO might be ordering more?

Oh god I need this!

Have they ever been back in stock (and are out again) or are they still out? :/

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 23:36:32 »
Where can I buy just those superhero Keycaps?!