Author Topic: Taobao in english?  (Read 7506 times)

Offline clickclack123

Taobao in english?
« on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:37:48 »
I've seen some people mention ordering keycaps from Taobao.

Can someone tell me how I can order something from Taobao when I can't read Chinese? Or does everyone who orders from there read Chinese? In that case, it's of no use to me...  :'(

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Taobao in english?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:38:44 »
Google translate + Taobao agent :)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:48:10 »

Can someone tell me how I can order something from Taobao when I can't read Chinese? Or does everyone who orders from there read Chinese? In that case, it's of no use to me...  :'(

I use Chrome and auto translate, still a mess to read but can guess the idea  :blank:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:10:14 »

I use Chrome and auto translate, still a mess to read but can guess the idea  :blank:

Its pretty much the best option. Nobody is going to go through every taobao page and accurately translate each part of the listing.
Google is acturate enough, the only problem is tea, black, etc axis, but its pretty simple.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:21:44 »
I still don't get it...

I tried... I can't find keycaps or even keyboards on there. Can anyone make it easy and link me to a set of keycaps? Maybe then I'll be able to use the categories to find others.  :'(

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:27:48 »
I still don't get it...

I tried... I can't find keycaps or even keyboards on there. Can anyone make it easy and link me to a set of keycaps? Maybe then I'll be able to use the categories to find others.  :'(
just type in what you want Ex. type in Keycool 87
and then use an agent or a friend who can read Chinese
http://s.taobao.com/search?q=keycool+87&keyword=&commend=all&ssid=s5-e-p1&search_type=item&atype=&tracelog=&sourceId=tb.index&rt=1389673527547&source=suggest&pid=mm_14507416_2297358_8935934&unid=&suggest=0_1&haiwaifrom=1&wq=keycool

you want to buy form TMall listed items (天猫)  Then use an agent

Visit the Typing Test and try![/sigpic]

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:33:21 »
Make a friend that can read Chinese or just ask somebody here  :p

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:45:00 »
I'm not going to recommend or not recommend Bhiner (I've had good experiences, but I have friends who have not lol), but they actually have a decent plug in that allows you to convert the page to english and the dropdown box for items/pricing will also show in english. Link - http://www.bhiner.com/index.php?mode=news&news_id=22

Example

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:48:14 by Jocelyn »

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:47:53 »
I'm not going to recommend or not recommend Bhiner (I've had good experiences, but I've had friends who have not lol), but they actually have a decent plug in that allows you to convert the page to english and the dropdown box for items/pricing will also show in english. Link - http://www.bhiner.com/index.php?mode=news&news_id=22

Example

Show Image

Its still better to get a friend to do it for you. Alot of sellers offer custom engraving/custom decals/touches to you item for free or a low cost.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 23:05:51 »
I'm not going to recommend or not recommend Bhiner (I've had good experiences, but I've had friends who have not lol), but they actually have a decent plug in that allows you to convert the page to english and the dropdown box for items/pricing will also show in english. Link - http://www.bhiner.com/index.php?mode=news&news_id=22

Example

Show Image

Its still better to get a friend to do it for you. Alot of sellers offer custom engraving/custom decals/touches to you item for free or a low cost.

What? What free items?

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 23:39:39 »

Example

Show Image

What? What free items?

Ex. you buy leather wrist they will stamp a logo on it for free they can copy other brands such as filco ducky etc or custom lettering if you can speak the mandoorin.

Plus this is china, people will bargain like crazy.
One time i bought 3 TKL keycools for 900 RMB and i asked the guy to throw in a wrist rest or a set of PBT key caps and he said yes. (Value of Free stuff:150 RMB
90% of sellers are open to bargaining

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 01:12:10 »
Well finding things is the hard part... and for searching you do need some important Chinese keywords or you will only find tiny amounts of listing.  键帽 is a good search term couple with Cherry and/or MX when searching for keys.

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 16:34:14 »
Well finding things is the hard part... and for searching you do need some important Chinese keywords or you will only find tiny amounts of listing.  键帽 is a good search term couple with Cherry and/or MX when searching for keys.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Think I'm still too nervous to order anything though, it'll get messed up somehow. Maybe someone who speaks Chinese will do a GB.

Haha I was sure 键帽 was going to be something bad... think I've been on 4chan too much!

Offline ViciousWhiskers

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 17:04:10 »
Chinese keywords for keyboards and caps:

机械 (Mechanical / Machinery)
键盘 (Keyboard)
Combined we get: 机械键盘 (Mechanical Keyboard)

键帽 (Keycap, literal translation is Key Hat)

Prints:
侧刻 (Side Printed)
正刻 (Printed on top)
无刻 (Blank / No print)
同刻 (Carved in print / Engraved)

If you guys need anything else translated, let me know.
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:37:33 »
Took me a while to find out that 'tea-axis' meant Cherry MX Brown

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:46:44 »
Took me a while to find out that 'tea-axis' meant Cherry MX Brown

Yeah the tough one is getting white and clears. Sometimes the use white, milky or clear to describe them and from what I've seen milky can mean clear or white.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline piraterice

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:30:49 »

Where do u live?I can help u buying something from taobao because i am in China.I suggest that u can find some guy who also want to buy some goods from taobao,and all u guys add up all ur orders to buy and to ship,the shipping fee is not cheap from China to any where out of China.

Offline piraterice

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:33:50 »

Thanks for the advice everyone! Think I'm still too nervous to order anything though, it'll get messed up somehow. Maybe someone who speaks Chinese will do a GB.

Haha I was sure 键帽 was going to be something bad... think I've been on 4chan too much!
键帽=keycaps ,机械键盘=mechanical keyboard,filco=菲尔可,keycool=凯酷,

Offline piraterice

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:35:06 »
DOUBLE SHOT KEYCAPS=二色键帽,DYESUB KEYCAPS=热升华键帽

Offline clickclack123

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 17:03:41 »
Where do u live?I can help u buying something from taobao because i am in China.I suggest that u can find some guy who also want to buy some goods from taobao,and all u guys add up all ur orders to buy and to ship,the shipping fee is not cheap from China to any where out of China.

I'm in Australia.

Do you really think postage is not cheap out of China? Every time I order something off ebay from China, I'm amazed that they can deliver it for less than the cost of just the postage here! Maybe that's only for small stuff? I keep buying these small electronic things, and they're so cheap! Like arduino boards that are cheaper delivered than  I could buy just the processor for.

There's nothing in particular that I want to order now, probably some keycaps and maybe a mini board but I'm sure once I have more of a look around taobao there would be stuff that I'd like to order. I suspect that I'd be too nervous to order by myself with the language barrier though.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 19:48:52 »

I'm in Australia.

Do you really think postage is not cheap out of China? Every time I order something off ebay from China, I'm amazed that they can deliver it for less than the cost of just the postage here! Maybe that's only for small stuff? I keep buying these small electronic things, and they're so cheap! Like arduino boards that are cheaper delivered than  I could buy just the processor for.

Yea I'm really surprised about that too sometimes. It's almost like they have access to high volume, corporate shipping rates. Although alot of what they send goes through that cheap, un-trackable "special" service.