Author Topic: Amazon Prime Student (first 6 months free and $39.99/yr for 4 years)  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
For some reason a lot of people aren't aware that you can get Amazon Prime at half the cost for being a registered student. Even if you're only taking one class, as long as you have an email address associated with an educational institution you can get the discount.

There are a lot of good TV shows you can watch for free through Amazon Prime's instant video service. I've been it more since I found out someone made a plugin to add Amazon instant video to Windows Media Player 7.

I got a referral email from Amazon this morning so I thought I'd share it. AMAZON Prime for Students

Mod edit: Replaced referral link with generic sign-up link
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:46:33 by Wildcard »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Amazon Prime Student (first 6 months free and $39.99/yr for 4 years)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:59:51 »
Don't think you get the instant streaming during the 6 month 'FREE' period.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 17:23:50 »
Not allowed to post referral links.

"Do not post referral links (where someone viewing or buying via the link you provide will cause you to benefit in some way). If they are in a format where the referral code can be removed from the URL, they will be edited. If they are in a format where the referral code cannot be removed from the URL, your post will be edited or completely deleted as appropriate"
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 17:27:42 »
Is amazons live streaming similar to Lovefilm we have? A company Amazon bought? Or do you guys have it too?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 17:35:25 »

"Do not post referral links (where someone viewing or buying via the link you provide will cause you to benefit in some way). If they are in a format where the referral code can be removed from the URL, they will be edited. If they are in a format where the referral code cannot be removed from the URL, your post will be edited or completely deleted as appropriate"

I replaced the referral link with a generic sign-up link. :thumb:

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:13:57 »

I replaced the referral link with a generic sign-up link. :thumb:

Lol....busted! 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:14:46 »

Thanks for tactfully clarifying that

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:20:00 »
I'll just lock the thread
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 18:46:19 by Wildcard »