Author Topic: What is available in MX Green?  (Read 2574 times)

Offline goobafish

What is available in MX Green?
« on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 08:16:10 »
My new keyboard acquisitions have left me wondering what typing on MX Green would be like. I have boards with MX Blues, MX Whites and MX Browns so far. Seeing that I really like the click from my blues, and the force from my whites, the natural next step is to get a keyboard with greens.

Looking for something of good build quality, leds and the like don't matter so much. Preferably a 65-75% board, needs arrow keys. I know that Ducky and CM makes them but I am looking for something a little hardier and maybe with the option of putting on a metal case.

Thanks!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: What is available in MX Green?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 08:20:47 »
Looking for something of good build quality, leds and the like don't matter so much. Preferably a 65-75% board, needs arrow keys. I know that Ducky and CM makes them but I am looking for something a little hardier and maybe with the option of putting on a metal case.

Those are probably the two most popular stock options.

There's no 60%-75% with MX Greens and a metal case. Your best bet in the case is to get a custom and put MX Green switches onto it.

Offline goobafish

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 08:26:09 »

There's no 60%-75% with MX Greens and a metal case. Your best bet in the case is to get a custom and put MX Green switches onto it.

Thanks,

Any tips on good value/quality custom parts around this size?

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 08:34:55 »
My new keyboard acquisitions have left me wondering what typing on MX Green would be like. I have boards with MX Blues, MX Whites and MX Browns so far. Seeing that I really like the click from my blues, and the force from my whites, the natural next step is to get a keyboard with greens.

Thanks!

I just recieve my new Leopold FC660M with greens from qtan

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 08:39:50 »

There's a lot of customs around. Best thing to do is look through the media subforum to see what you like and then see if you can find info elsewhere.

I just recieve my new Leopold FC660M with greens from qtan

I keep forgetting the 660M has Greens. Thanks!

Offline tgujay

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 10:56:41 »

Thanks,

MechanicalKeyboards.com sells Phantom PCB's, you can get the diodes from mouser and a few other places, even radioshack sells the diodes.  The only problem then would be sourcing the switches as greens are a little tough, without looking 7bit on deskthority might have some.  The LED's, resistors, and LED holders(if you don't do in switch for the locks) shouldn't be too hard to source.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 11:03:16 »

Thanks,

MechanicalKeyboards.com sells Phantom PCB's, you can get the diodes from mouser and a few other places, even radioshack sells the diodes.  The only problem then would be sourcing the switches as greens are a little tough, without looking 7bit on deskthority might have some.  The LED's, resistors, and LED holders(if you don't do in switch for the locks) shouldn't be too hard to source.

Phantom PCB won't do you any good without a plate.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 11:19:47 »

Thanks,

Phantom PCB won't do you any good without a plate.

And a plate, knew I would forget something.  guess he could get an a87 kit from GON and source some greens.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 22:52:44 »
WASD Keyboards just announced the availability of their Code keyboard with greens. 100% now and 75% in February. They're listing $170 right now which is a bit pricier than CM QFR with greens on Amazon

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 22:55:49 »
WASD Keyboards just announced the availability of their Code keyboard with greens. 100% now and 75% in February. They're listing $170 right now which is a bit pricier than CM QFR with greens on Amazon

75%? Isn't it a TKL (aka 80%)

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 23:08:45 »

75%? Isn't it a TKL (aka 80%)

My bad. It's a TKL. I guessed at the percent and didn't want to look it up.