Author Topic: Phantom single row not working  (Read 1160 times)

Offline nebo

Phantom single row not working
« on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 20:53:17 »
I just finished assembling my phantom and currently row 1 (shift, z, x, c, etc. )is not working. Before soldering the switches I shorted each circuit to test the diodes and all was fine. I'm not really sure where to start or what could cause an entire row to go out.

EDIT - Left for the gym, came back and reflashed just for the heck of it and now we're good. Not sure if  :D  or  ???

EDIT2- And now it's back. I doubt it could be from overheating anything. Could it be controller related?
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2014, 23:18:35 by nebo »

Offline nebo

Re: Phantom single row not working
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 15:27:01 »
Okay, I have ruled out a few things by now. Went a re-flowed the entire bottom row to be sure the joints were good. No real change. Then for the hell of it I went to rule #1 with electronics, if it doesn't work hit it. By that I mean I pressed a key pretty hard and it registered. So that sounds like something is lose, but all the joints are good (and it's weird that it's exactly only row 1. It really only helps if I push the top part of the switch down (above the stem) and then press the stem. Never seen anything like it.