Author Topic: Most users ever online  (Read 3477 times)

Offline ozar

Most users ever online
« on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 15:58:29 »
Hey, I just noticed that we beat the old record for "most users ever online" earlier today:

Most users ever online was 67, 7 Hours Ago at 08:15.

There had been some talk in another thread about trying to beat the old record on the anniversary date of March 12th, but for some reason lots of folks showed up earlier today.

Is the site simply growing and getting busier, or did something special happen to bring in lots of visitors today?

Offline wellington1869

Most users ever online
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 18:02:25 »
wow, i hadnt noticed that. Its about time!
yea, the march 12th thing is still on :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

Most users ever online
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 February 2009, 18:05:42 »
Is the site simply growing and getting busier, or did something special happen to bring in lots of visitors today?

the site's been gaining a person a day since last october. Of course I attribute it to my brilliant noisykeyboards thread ;)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Most users ever online
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 03:27:11 »
We've been flirting with the old record for a while now.  (which I believe was really a webcrawlers-gone-wild event more than actual users)  It is no surprise that we beat it during regular (steadily increasing) usage.

Now we have an even more lofty goal for March 12th.  :)  (I'm pretty certain we are going to blow the current record out of the water)

Offline lam47

Most users ever online
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 03:54:44 »
I swear they are all coming just to see Mr B in my avatar.
And who can blame them?
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Most users ever online
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 10:04:53 »
And I don't think we care what the real results are, we just care to see that number change. ;)

Offline wellington1869

Most users ever online
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 14:41:34 »
yea, this isnt for pride, its just for fun. I dont think us geeks on a niche corner of the universe can get too proud about anything ;)  On the other hand, it'll be like a party at 9am on the 12th :D  Bring your own donuts :D  Its a staff meeting :D

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Most users ever online
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 February 2009, 21:53:45 »
Yeah.  I don't make any revenue off of geekhack, so I don't really care about the quality of hits...as long as the community is growing and geekhack adds value to that community, I am happy.  I have ads that ONLY display when you aren't logged in.  Those are there simply as incentive for guests to register.  (I may add some ads at some point to help offset some costs...but if I ever do, they will be very unobtrusive)

Anyways...I think it will be fun to see how many "users" we can get on March 12th.

Offline FKSSR

Most users ever online
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 March 2009, 13:11:00 »
I'm in for the 12th.

I never posted an "intro" thread, because there isn't an intro section on the site.  That may be helpful.  We can ask the regulars to post one as well.  It can be nice to be able to find out a little more about people in one, easy-to-find location.
Add me on Steam | Twitter